PDA

View Full Version : Meydan tapeta

WinterTriangle
11-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Had enough synth bashing, thought we could change the subject to tapeta.

I don't know a heck of a lot about it.

that's what's going in at Meydan, and hence the surface Dubai Cup will be run on.

fmolf
11-10-2009, 03:41 PM

that's what's going in at Meydan, and hence the surface Dubai Cup will be run on.
thats a sure way of stopping any east coast horses from shipping over.they may get more cal. horses though....i think their all basically the same i think what truly matters is how they are maintained and what is added to them over time as needed.

Valuist
11-10-2009, 07:20 PM

Tapeta is a form of synthetic so if you've had enough of synthetic bashing, why stir things up even more?

macdiarmida
11-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Used (IIRC) at Presque Isle Slots, Golden Gate Fields (worse weather there than you might expect) and Fair Hill (training for horses running on any surface in the East).

While US trainers seem to have mostly figured out how to bring their horses back after the Dubai races, there are still horses that are miserable failures in their first back in America even after a long layoff. We'll see if Tapeta is a help.

Nad al Sheba was sand sprayed with some kind of oil. Think Monmouth after an oil spill, maybe.

Tapeta seems to not punish front speed or very deep closers as much as the other AW types have after being installed for 2-3 years IMO.

WinterTriangle
11-11-2009, 01:38 AM
Tapeta is a form of synthetic so if you've had enough of synthetic bashing, why stir things up even more?

You must have missed the part where I said "I don't know much about it." :)

So, what's the "look and feel" compared to pro-ride, or polytrack?

I was under the impression it is not similar. Bullsbay trained on it, I think, before he won the Whitney at Saratoga?

I look at photos of all this stuff, Valuist, but I've never *touched* it so I have no idea.

the photos make it look like KOOZ-BALL shreds......or, like when I was installing electric in my cabin, all those little plastic pieces that fall on the floor after you've stripped about 100 wires.

but in another one it looks like oily feathers with sand mixed in. :) I mean, there is NO likeness to old fan belts:
http://www.northstreetproductions.net/TapetaFootings/rw_common/themes/tapeta_footings/images/Tapeta-up-close.jpg