PDA

View Full Version : Question about the pick 4 payoff to Zenyatta

andymays
11-09-2009, 08:03 PM
The pick 4 payoff to Zenyatta was..........

$1 Pick 4 (11-2-2/4-4/12) 4 Correct Paid $752.20 Pick 4 Pool $2,307,500

I could be and probably am wrong but when I checked the pick 4 probables before the scratch of Quality Road I remember a payoff of around $1100. If that's the case then I can't see the payoff being that much lower after the scratch particularly since Quality Road wasn't getting a ton of action.

Anybody know?

Stillriledup
11-09-2009, 08:20 PM
I had the pick 4 and was devastated by the loss of revenue, it did seem to drop down 400 dollars or so. More devastating knowing that people who made a mistake betting on a freaky horse got some of my money.

andymays
11-09-2009, 08:24 PM
I had the pick 4 and was devastated by the loss of revenue, it did seem to drop down 400 dollars or so. More devastating knowing that people who made a mistake betting on a freaky horse got some of my money.

It shouldn't have dropped that much by the scratch of a horse that wasn't getting a lot of play unless someone had a huge P-4 going to Quality Road.

A little suspicious to me. Maybe they made a mistake. It wouldn't be the first time!

JohnGalt1
11-09-2009, 08:27 PM
I watched ESPN from home and didn't know the probable pays.

I was coming home to 8 horses, one was QR.

So when Zenyatta won I checked DRF's website and was surprised that 3 chalks and and a 21-1 paid $752. How many tracks pay that much for those 4 horses?

I also had Gio Ponti---Does anybody know what the probable with him was?

Thanks.

Stillriledup
11-09-2009, 10:40 PM
There was approx 1600 dollars on Zenyatta in this bet. The price works out that Z had about 800 dollars added to her total, making there be 2400 on Zenyatta. Would it would make sense that QR had 800 dollars on him when Z only had 1600?

TonyK@HSH
11-10-2009, 06:34 PM
I watched ESPN from home and didn't know the probable pays.

I was coming home to 8 horses, one was QR.

So when Zenyatta won I checked DRF's website and was surprised that 3 chalks and and a 21-1 paid $752. How many tracks pay that much for those 4 horses?

I also had Gio Ponti---Does anybody know what the probable with him was?

Thanks.

I too took a beating on the scratch. The P4 with Zenyatta before the scratch was $1106 (according to my scribble) and Gio Ponti was $1700. The scratch cost me $1400, that is unless QR would have changed the outcome. I too was surprised at the difference but it made sense after I thought it through.

TonyK

Stillriledup
11-10-2009, 06:53 PM
I too took a beating on the scratch. The P4 with Zenyatta before the scratch was $1106 (according to my scribble) and Gio Ponti was $1700. The scratch cost me $1400, that is unless QR would have changed the outcome. I too was surprised at the difference but it made sense after I thought it through.

TonyK

What was the probable price of QR, did you write that one down too?

JohnGalt1
11-10-2009, 09:17 PM

TonyK

Thanks for the info.

I won $200 less with Zenatta winning, but it was worth it to see history.

Stillriledup
11-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the info.

I won $200 less with Zenatta winning, but it was worth it to see history.

You would have seen history anyway and had 200 bucks more in your pocket if they would have paid off a consolation instead of arbitrarily sticking the money on the win pool favorite.

bitter
11-11-2009, 11:46 AM
ALL the pk4's were paying 4 figures, zenyatta's was the lowest at around 1400 if i remember correctly

menifee
11-11-2009, 12:11 PM
I benefitted from the scratch. I tossed Zenyatta, but had Quality Road in the P4. When he scratched I won. If I recall correctly, QR was paying approximately 1800-1900 before the scratch.

I think what happened is that there were two solid singles (the turf mile and the turf) and people spread to all or close to all in the other two races. I think with QR scratching a lot of people hit it twice.

rrbauer
11-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Before the scratch, the P4 to Zenyatta was $1151. The scratch took $399 out of the actual payoff. :bang:

andymays
11-16-2009, 02:59 PM
Before the scratch, the P4 to Zenyatta was $1151. The scratch took $399 out of the actual payoff. :bang:

Doesn't that seem like a lot to take off? Either someone had a huge pick 4 bet going to the scratched horse or something could be wrong with the payoff. Somebody should find out.

DJofSD
11-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Doesn't that seem like a lot to take off? Either someone had a huge pick 4 bet going to the scratched horse or something could be wrong with the payoff. Somebody should find out.
Good luck finding anything out.

This industry sucks when it comes to publishing information about wagers and how the numbers fell out when something like the gate scratch of QR.

Maybe it's just me but I would love to see some numbers along the lines of an audit trail. Numbers like: at the instant the tote system was updated to indicate a gate scratch of QR and that Z was the post time favorite, how many dollars were "shifted" from a P4 using QR to Z. It should not be that hard since it was a horizontal wager, i.e. the pools were closed.

andymays
11-16-2009, 04:47 PM
Good luck finding anything out.

This industry sucks when it comes to publishing information about wagers and how the numbers fell out when something like the gate scratch of QR.

Maybe it's just me but I would love to see some numbers along the lines of an audit trail. Numbers like: at the instant the tote system was updated to indicate a gate scratch of QR and that Z was the post time favorite, how many dollars were "shifted" from a P4 using QR to Z. It should not be that hard since it was a horizontal wager, i.e. the pools were closed.

Send the CHRB an email.

I would ask but they aren't too happy with me right now after my tirade about the potential 5% increase in takeout. They will give you an answer if you ask!

rrbauer
11-16-2009, 04:53 PM
I thought that Quality Road was a toss and bet accordingly but apparently there was a lot of QR money in that P4 pool.

andymays
11-16-2009, 04:54 PM
I thought that Quality Road was a toss and bet accordingly but apparently there was a lot of QR money in that P4 pool.

I thought it was suspicious right after it happened. I guess we need to find out!