PDA

View Full Version : GOIN TO BELMONT!!!!!!!!

Bubbles
06-06-2003, 06:56 PM
Hey all...

As if you couldn't tell by the title, Bubbles will be at beautiful Belmont Park for the Test of the Champions. I hope to have a complete analysis of the card up later tonight. Again, if anyone wants to meet me down there, you're welcome to. Just PM me or something. See ya at BEL!!!!!

Kentucky Bred
06-06-2003, 11:17 PM
...I'm jealous. I would give anything to be there tomorrow. Although Funny Cide is a poor value in my judgement to bet, he has the best shot to do it of any recent horse that had two legs of the Triple Crown but lost the Belmont. Silver Charm, a very good racehorse who was amazingly consistent, comes to mind. My memory will probably screw it up, but I believe he had Touch Gold to deal with among a few others.

Tomorrow we could be looking at a new Triple Crown champion. The owners have a real chance to split up a big purse plus FIVE MILLION BUCKS! if he wins. This could be huge for racing. With the Seabiscuit movie already being hyped for a mid-summer release and you've got some real momentum for a sport that has needed something for a very long time.

Go Funny Cide! I won't be betting, I will be rooting.

Kentucky Bred

andicap
06-07-2003, 01:19 AM
I will be there as well...and will look to hook up with Bubbles and anyone else.
Bring an umbrella. Will rain in the afternoon...

andicap
06-07-2003, 10:07 AM
Well, events conspired against me -- my car battery died (AAA still hasn't shown) and with the rain as well, I decided not to go....

penguinfan
06-07-2003, 11:27 AM
Dammit Andi, don't buy no lottery tickets today my friend.

Penguinfan

andicap
06-07-2003, 01:41 PM
Too late I just bought $5 worth of raffles at my daughter's school.

:D

(I might head down to the Yonkers simulcast to watch the race)

andicap
06-07-2003, 04:36 PM
It got worse: I got stung by a bee today -- inside my own house!

:(