PDA

View Full Version : Looking back at Eight Belles Posts...

tzipi
11-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Wasn't around the forum at the time but looking at posts,you can see all the SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE RUN AGAINST BOY! and the horses should rest after big races. Horses should come first,etc,etc

Then reading all the RUN ZEN AND RACH AGAINST BOYS! WTF WITH RACHAEL RESTING,SHE SHOULD BE RUNNING NOW!,etc,etc

Now,I'm not against either one running against boys if it's a horse that can run with boys,and also being around horses and working with horses at Bel and Aqu for years I can tell you leave them alone when they need rest because they do after long campaigns and sometimes they take a while to come back into top form. FUNNY,how people have changed since Eight Belles breaking down and writing all these opinions and RIP's. Now I'm a Rach fan and think Zenyatta is great and won me over more after BC. Anyone saying one of them is not good enough to come even close for HOY,doesn't know crap about racing and should'nt be betting. They are both proven top.

Now I think Rach should win HOY by a slim margin because off all the races against the boys and at tons of different tracks at 3yo. Some of the boys she beat are the same ZEN beat in the BC(IMO Quality Road doesn't beat ZEN). Although as said here,I would'nt mind co-winners. They really deserve it now :) Way to go Girls!

If something bad should happen again GOD FORBID,I wonder if we'll see the,"OMG they should not be running in these spots!" or the "OMG they have to rest these horses after tough races,and the horses come first."etc.

OTM Al
11-09-2009, 02:17 PM
Wasn't around the forum at the time but looking at posts,you can see all the SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE RUN AGAINST BOY! and the horses should rest after big races. Horses should come first,etc,etc

Then reading all the RUN ZEN AND RACH AGAINST BOYS! WTF WITH RACHAEL RESTING,SHE SHOULD BE RUNNING NOW!,etc,etc

Now,I'm not against either one running against boys if it's a horse that can run with boys,and also being around horses and working with horses at Bel and Aqu for years I can tell you leave them alone when they need rest because they do after long campaigns and sometimes they take a while to come back into top form. FUNNY,how people have changed since Eight Belles breaking down and writing all these opinions and RIP's. Now I'm a Rach fan and think Zenyatta is great and won me over more after BC. Anyone saying one of them is not good enough to come even close for HOY,doesn't know crap about racing and should'nt be betting. They are both proven top.

Now I think Rach should win HOY by a slim margin because off all the races against the boys and at tons of different tracks at 3yo. Some of the boys she beat are the same ZEN beat in the BC(IMO Quality Road doesn't beat ZEN). Although as said here,I would'nt mind co-winners. They really deserve it now :) Way to go Girls!

If something bad should happen again GOD FORBID,I wonder if we'll see the,"OMG they should not be running in these spots!" or the "OMG they have to rest these horses after tough races,and the horses come first."etc.

Everything in these posts is knee-jerk. Zenyatta is the freshest thing in mind so she must be the greatest. When Rachel had won her last it was all the other way. Haven't seen one poster that mentioned how Zenyatta scratched at Churchill in May because it was wet. Guess what. That wasn't ducking either, it was in the best interest of the animal. They were both wonderful this year. My "vote" would go to Rachel, but since I don't vote, that's just my opinion.....