PDA

View Full Version : HorseStreet Handicapper Workshop

Dave Schwartz
11-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Tomorrow night's HSH workshop will introduce some new betting and contender features. The concepts behind these features may be applicable to many people who do not use HSH.

All are welcome to attend.

In this Workshop

"High-Low Contenders: A New Approach to Contenders
First there were two phases to the racing process: handicapping and exploitation. Now we add a third.

Here is how we used to do it:

Phase 1: In the "Handicapping" phase we assign ratings and numbers to the horses. We decide how good they really are.

Phase 2: In the "Exploitation" phase we decide how to take advantage of the handicapping we did in the first phase relative to the tote board. (i.e. We look for overlays.)

Now we will add a third phase: The High-Low Contender phase.

Now, when we make contenders we have two goals:
1. To pick (at most) two "low-priced" contenders.
2. To pick the rest of the potential contenders and, most importantly, determine the order in which we will add them as contenders.

Join us on Tuesday evening at 6:30pm (pacific).

http://www.practicalhandicapping.com/desktop/hsuniv/index.htm#Advanced_Handicapping_Theory:_403

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Handiman
11-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Dave,

I'll be out of town and no access to a computer. Any chance of recording the workshop and making it available for those who can't make the live event such as me?

Handi :)

Dave Schwartz
11-10-2009, 08:59 AM
This is actually the third in a series. The other two are already available. This one will be as well.

The reason I invited everyone to this one is because there is a concept I have developed that could change your handicapping/wagering approach. At least it has changed mine.

Yes, there will be a video link.

Dave

LottaKash
11-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Thx Dave, as always, looking forward to your sharing of things....:cool:

best,

Dave Schwartz
11-10-2009, 08:56 PM
There is still time to signup for tonight's class.

Dave Schwartz
11-11-2009, 11:13 AM
The video for last night's workshop is available at this link:

http://www.practicalhandicapping.com/desktop/package/Videos/Workshops/HSH400/

The video is HSH403.exe.

This is a self-contained video and player. (Camtasia.)

1. Download it to your computer.
2. "Open" the file (or double-click) to play.