PDA

View Full Version : IOUsa

46zilzal
11-09-2009, 10:58 AM
The outgoing comptroller in the Government Accounting Office resigned recently to go on a tour telling whoever will listen about the unsustainable debt that is going to, very soon , destroy the economy of the US. The first installment of that collapse was headed off, but with Japan and China holding enormous debt on the country, it is a matter of time before they want their investments back.

As he states repeatedly, this is no republican or democratic, left or right problem. It is a sad fact of life.

Be prepared is his message in the video IOUSA. Even Warren Buffet is interviewed and supports his point of view.

prospector
11-09-2009, 11:28 AM
i believe it is a republican or democratic, left or right problem. they're the ones who did it and continue to add on...vote 'em out, starting with the 220 from the health care vote..talk about adding on to our debt..both personal and in total..

ArlJim78
11-09-2009, 11:36 AM
umm pardon me but don't you support every big budget busting deficit ballooning program that rolls down the pike?

there is not a single fiscal conservative that hasn't known this for years. we didn't have to wait for the comptroller of the GAO to retire and lecture us about the problems.

whenever we speak up about putting a lid on or reducing spending we're told that we we're greedy and selfish.

this is the core issue that the Tea Party movement is founded on. great to see that it finally has got your attention. welcome to the club.

boxcar
11-09-2009, 11:39 AM
The outgoing comptroller in the Government Accounting Office resigned recently to go on a tour telling whoever will listen about the unsustainable debt that is going to, very soon , destroy the economy of the US. The first installment of that collapse was headed off, but with Japan and China holding enormous debt on the country, it is a matter of time before they want their investments back.

As he states repeatedly, this is no republican or democratic, left or right problem. It is a sad fact of life.

Be prepared is his message in the video IOUSA. Even Warren Buffet is interviewed and supports his point of view.

Is this the same Warren Buffet who also said recently that he expects the economy to rebound and grow? :rolleyes: Sounds like a real schizo.

Boxcar
P.S. Wonder if China will follow BO's HC lead by sending all Americans to debtor's prison when they find out we can't pay them back. :D

46zilzal
11-09-2009, 06:00 PM
By Steven C. Johnson - Reuters

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Central banks with trillions of dollars in reserves that are already stepping up euro and yen purchases will likely continue doing so in coming years, driven by worries over the stability of the greenback.

A record U.S. budget gap and the rise of dynamic developing economies like China suggest the dollar, down over 20 percent since 2002 on a trade-weighted basis, has further to fall.

skate
11-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Gee wiz, is that it?

You make it sould so simple.

Let me ask , what will (can) China (anybody) do to claim Anything?

What ? close down the USA? Stop IT, stop the crap, Paaalease:) .

Also also also, if you are soooo correcto, how does China come out, since THEY TOO increase money (el printo) into their economy. i've not looked in a while, but i'm sure they put close to $1 trillion into an economy which is Lots smaller than the USAs.

off with the TV, please.;)

46zilzal
11-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Fairly soon when the world currency changes, it will be bleak around here...Hope I am not around too long to see the results

Tom
11-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Me too.

skate
11-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Fairly soon when the world currency changes, it will be bleak around here...Hope I am not around too long to see the results

oK ok OK, i'm dying here, and i be waitin to find out :eek: , just what the heck will be so bleak?

ya sound like chicken little. So, might it be that somebody can explain, what is going to happen.?:bang:

skate
11-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Not one thing will change, at least NOT for the worst.;)

The plans are in, almost certain.

I seeee lots of positives.

Does anyone get the feeling, that others should kiss-ass, ifin i have a Dollar?

And that the strength of the USA comes from a F-in Dollar, come on man.:D

Greyfox
11-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Does anyone get the feeling, that others should kiss-ass, ifin i have a Dollar?

And that the strength of the USA comes from a F-in Dollar, come on man.:D

Your post implies that you're already living in a dumpster so it won't matter.
If that's the case, there's no need to explain the value of a strong Dollar.
If that's not the case, watch The Grapes of Wrath.

skate
11-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Your post implies that you're already living in a dumpster so it won't matter.
If that's the case, there's no need to explain the value of a strong Dollar.
If that's not the case, watch The Grapes of Wrath.

Oh.

When you say strong dollar, the value comes from what?

And, please, what happens when it goes up/down? What?

How do you know so much.................bout a dumpster? Do you room wit the dog;) ?

What? you think the rent goes up as the dollar goes down, just askin.

Greyfox
11-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Oh.

What? you think the rent goes up as the dollar goes down, just askin.

No. But if a company can't buy enough "broomschickles" that it needs from Germany for an area of the assembly line it may have to close its doors. Then any rent at all becomes problematic for some, except for the dumpster bound.
Domestically the dollar is still a dollar. On the global stage it isn't. Most of us have no yen for that scenario.

Then of course, foreign entities can come in and buy the closed company because its value has dropped. You can now work for Wing Chow Oil and be happy again.

skate
11-11-2009, 04:53 PM
No. But if a company can't buy enough "broomschickles" that it needs from Germany for an area of the assembly line it may have to close its doors. Then any rent at all becomes problematic for some, except for the dumpster bound.
Domestically the dollar is still a dollar. On the global stage it isn't. Most of us have no yen for that scenario.

Then of course, foreign entities can come in and buy the closed company because its value has dropped. You can now work for Wing Chow Oil and be happy again.

Grey-hahahaha-fox;

come on now...

you went and solutionified at least a good part of our economic problem.

So so so , off we go making OUR OWN broomchickies. And now we have TWO places for workers.
Money stays put. Tax collected are higher, without raising taxes. And simple, we learn how...

skate
11-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Then we can still sell to the Wing Chows, right here, because it's really the gov that owns, which helps to pay for any debt, which keeps the taxes down.

Also also also , we be selling lots more boomchickies (i love da boomchickies) to foreign peeps, which will bring down our taxes, because more tax rev will be coming into the USA.
debt=growth at least when uncle george was around.:cool:

Onandon:)

Greyfox
11-11-2009, 05:58 PM
I can understand it when you live happily ever after. Glee can be comprehended.
Unfortunately I don't understand "delirium." Good luck.

skate
11-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Sorry, try this, How about if we made the broomchickies right here instead of buying from Germany?

What then?

I know, it's tough. But...

ddog
11-12-2009, 06:01 PM
throw your patter around all you want.

it's a nice try to be a little cute and I guess you think it obscures the fact that you don't have and will never have a clue.
But , anyway, Mr. 4q greatest in history , by all means , keep it up.

:lol:

the one-eyed is all that's required to know it all where you "COME IN"!

:D