PDA

View Full Version : This Debate is Great

bane
11-08-2009, 02:52 PM
No matter what side you are on this is just great for the sport.The whole East vs. West thing is back and in full swing. Yes I know most of us are not arguing via east vs. west (we are arguing about which did the most) but for the casual fan I am sure this is a major thing.

What's great is this will hopefully be covered in Sportscenter and other ESPN shows like Pardon The Interruption (PTI) and Around The Horn. Either way opefully we can run with this huh?

Moyers Pond
11-08-2009, 02:56 PM
The only reason there is a debate is because there is such an east coast bias in the writers that cover horse racing.

The situation is pretty clear. If you go undefeated and win the BC Classic you are HOY. It really is not open for debate. You simply can't do any better. That is the way the sport is set up.

Zenyatta won the BC Classic, the biggest race in the world, not some mediocre grade 1 like the Woodward.

By not showing up in the BC Classic you are taking a risk in terms of your shot at HOY. Jackson took a risk and lost. Moss took a risk and won. Pretty simple.

If Zenyatta had just won the ladies classic Rachel would deserve HOY. But she didn't. She won the biggest race in the world.

cj
11-08-2009, 03:00 PM
I doubt anybody here cares what the inept racing writers are discussing.