PDA

View Full Version : Windows ????

BillW
06-06-2003, 04:47 PM
Windows experts,

How do I remove programs from the start-up sequence in W2k Pro? I thought I remembered simply removing them from the startup directory, but they weren't in there in the first place.

Trying to get boot time down below 1 Min,

Bill

JustRalph
06-07-2003, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by BillW
Windows experts,How do I remove programs from the start-up sequence in W2k Pro? I thought I remembered simply removing them from the startup directory, but they weren't in there in the first place. Trying to get boot time down below 1 Min,Bill

Billw

Send me an email of what the programs are....... they can either be "services" or plain old programs. If they are plain old programs it can be as easy as deleting them from the "startup" menu or not so simple: hacking the registry. If they are actual services, you can kill them by right clicking on my computer choose "manage" and go under "services and applications" " services" and disabling them. You must know what they do, if it is not listed and you turn the wrong thing off......things may not work. The good news is you can turn them right back on and reboot. Let me know what the programs or services are.

** BTW, on the topic.......don't intall IMESH 8, it is full of Spyware to the point if you kill the spyware it comes back when you run the program and tells you to re-install because it is corrupted. Just so it can put it all back*****