PDA

View Full Version : Even though it was on synthetic

cees with dees
11-08-2009, 11:47 AM
What Zenyatta did was pretty damned impressive.
It's hard for me to tell how good a horse is until I see them on real dirt or grass but if the synthetic is the thing of the future, we all may have to do some adjusting.
Gutsy move by her connections to put her in the classic but what I find ironic is, Zenyatta is the likely horse of the year and I know there isn't a scenario in the world where she could beat Rachel Alexandra on a real surface.
Any thoughts??
Ben

Moyers Pond
11-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Synthetic doesn't matter. She is simply an all-time great. She took down the Eclipse winner on dirt last year.

She simply doesn't lose. One can argue she has put in the greatest career of any horse ever. I don't think she is quite that good, but I wouldn't argue with someone that did.

We have never seen an undefeated horse win the biggest race in the world until yesterday.

Cadillakin
11-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Gutsy move by her connections to put her in the classic but what I find ironic is, Zenyatta is the likely horse of the year and I know there isn't a scenario in the world where she could beat Rachel Alexandra on a real surface.
Any thoughts??
BenYeah, you're full of beans.

After seeing what you saw yesterday, are you seriously thinking that Zenyatta wouldn't have blown right by Rachel in the Woodward.. Macho Uno and Bullsbay aren't even in the same stratosphere as Zenyatta. Gio Ponti is a great champion in his own right, and she made him look silly in the last sixteenth.. After the race, Gio Ponti's called Zenyatta a freak.

In fairness, I do think Rachel would have beaten Zenyatta in at least a couple of her races. Rachel would have been long gone on those slow paces.. But at classic distances, as she showed yesterday, Zenyatta will beat any mans horse

Niko
11-08-2009, 01:08 PM
I don't think you can be that assumptive when she's never faced the greatest dirt horses on dirt....

Totally different surfaces and specialties. If she was a turf horse none of these discussions would take place. What a treat to have two great filly superstars on their respective surfaces. An incredible year for horse racing.

Now the arguing can begin for horse of the year. How about dual horses of the year... the ego's and politics would never stand for such a thing though

cees with dees
11-08-2009, 03:08 PM
I have no doubt in my mind that Zenyatta is a quality filly but how can we truly judge her if she hasn't raced on conventional dirt.
Maybe she's just beating up on horses on a surface she prefers as compared to them not liking it.
Like I said, it's hard for me to compare her to anything as all of her races have come on synthetic.
I do know that when I saw Rachel Alexandra duel every step against older males and still win with authority, I had seen something I hadn't since Genuine Risk, nevermind Ruffian.
And to say I'm full of beans is a mistake.
I may be wrong more than right like most of us in this game but I do know what I'm talking about and have a vast knowledge of what I see on the racetrack.
Ben

statik27
11-08-2009, 03:23 PM
I have no doubt in my mind that Zenyatta is a quality filly but how can we truly judge her if she hasn't raced on conventional dirt.
Maybe she's just beating up on horses on a surface she prefers as compared to them not liking it.
Like I said, it's hard for me to compare her to anything as all of her races have come on synthetic.
I do know that when I saw Rachel Alexandra duel every step against older males and still win with authority, I had seen something I hadn't since Genuine Risk, nevermind Ruffian.
And to say I'm full of beans is a mistake.
I may be wrong more than right like most of us in this game but I do know what I'm talking about and have a vast knowledge of what I see on the racetrack.
Ben

Uh, as has been said before, see the 2008 apple blossom for how Zenyatta would handle a female dirt champion with speed. Here I'll even give you the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X9171jxrlE

Zenyatta wouldn't even know Rachel was in the same race.

PaceAdvantage
11-08-2009, 10:16 PM
One can argue she has put in the greatest career of any horse ever.This can not be said with a straight face, can it?

Are you also another one who has forgotten the first 75% of 2009?

The greatest career of any horse ever? 98% of the time beating up on, as CJ aptly puts it "tomato cans?"

The greatest career of any horse ever? Venturing outside of the friendly confines of Southern California once?

The greatest career of ANY horse EVER? Beating males one time? On fake dirt?

As John McEnroe once said, "You can NOT be serious!?"

Grits
11-08-2009, 10:23 PM
This can not be said with a straight face, can it?

Are you also another one who has forgotten the first 75% of 2009?

beating up on, as CJ aptly puts it "tomato cans?"

No doubt, one of CJ's greatest one liners EVER.

I can still recall almost falling out of my chair when I read it.:lol:

Killer hilarious!!