PDA

View Full Version : Saturday in New York

Valuist
06-06-2003, 03:27 PM
Posting early so I can only guess at the conditions. Its fast today and the turf is soft. There's no way the turf will be firm by tomorrow so I'll assume yielding or good.

3rd-
11-MUCKTAHSER broke Mdn nicely then caught a dead rail against another highly regarded horse.
6- SAVOY SPECIAL--dueled hard and was run down by Muktahser at a mile, then graduated easily.
9-CANADIAN FRONTIER--in good form and was purchased privately after his last.

4th-
11- INAMORATO--if the track is fast, I'll probably single him in the Pic 3. He had some traffic in the Dubai race and the winner was up front throughout. Huge Timeform #s (111 and 114) are the equivalent to around a 103 and 106 Beyer. The only negative is the poor Tomlinson rating in the mud, if it does rain.
7- SEATTLE FITZ-- I'll definitely use if the track is muddy or sloppy. Big number in the mud (102 Beyer) and 10 length gap back to 3rd
10- STRONG HOPE--he's a threat to wire, but probably a notch below Inamoroto.

5th-
2 NAVESINK--gets rail, Santos, and handles softer turf
14- TAP THE ADMIRAL--fits but must draw in. Did just beat Navesink
10- PROUD MAN-hasn't been racing a whole lot the past 2 years but his best puts him right there. Hasn't won since 2001 Hill Prince when he beat Navesink
3- UNION PLACE- beaten chalk in last vs # 2 and # 14. That race was run in very heavy fog; not sure if thats a viable excuse but his form before that was solid.

Assuming the 5th stays on the turf and fast main track:
3rd Pic 3s (6,9,11) with (10,11) with (2,3,10,14)

Assuming the 5th stays on turf and a muddy or sloppy main trk:
3rd Pic 3s (6,9,11) with (7,11) with (2,3,10,14)

9th
3-MIDAS EYES--pretty obvious. He beat Posse by 9 at GP earlier in the year
5- POSSE- he seems to improved since that 9 length butt beating he took at GP. He's improved and Midas may have come back to earth a bit

10th-
10-DENON--think he's the one to beat. Needed last and it was pretty sharp.
11-HONOR IN WAR--I'm not assuming a bounce just because he improved. Excellent form right now.
6- DR. BRENDLER--loves soft turf and in form
2- REQUETE--Frankel and he is also in good form
3- PATROL-Mott and figures to control the pace
1- WITH ANTICIPATION--needed last. He was 2nd in the 2002 BC Turf but he is getting long in the tooth.

11th-
1 EMPIRE MAKER--I think he turns the tables on the Cide tomorrow. He missed 2 days of training during Derby week and he looked in the stretch like he was a "little short". He also raced much wider than the Cide; earning the top Sheets/TGraph number. This week he hasn't missed training. Frankel has dominated the Grade 1s this year in North America. He wants this one bad; if its muddy or sloppy that wont hurt, since he already beat Funny Cide in the Aqu mud. He's bred to run all day. As for Cide, he's in great form but 2 good trips PLUS a weak Preakness field PLUS the sentimental factor EQUALS an underlay.

9th Pic 3s (3,5) with (1,2,3,6,10,11) with (1)

pjd888
06-08-2003, 11:53 AM
Very sound capping again Valuist!
Thanks for sharing-and good call on the Belmont Stakes-that's the only 1 I didn't play-lol-some day I'll learn how to bet!
keep cashin