PDA

View Full Version : Precious Passion

lamboguy
11-07-2009, 08:18 PM
no one has said anything about that guy. he is a freak. he has been unreal this whole year. what heart this guy has, he is no chicken and look what it took to beat him today. another great training job by mary hartman. congradulations to FRANK GENERAZIO as well, he comes from my neck of the woods and remember him quite well in the hayday of sulfolk downs.

Show Me the Wire
11-07-2009, 08:19 PM
Shame he lost. Gutsy performance

ghostyapper
11-07-2009, 08:20 PM
I was about to start a thread about him and his performance. I thought he was dead at the top of the stretch but he just kept fighting on after insane fractions. What a show of heart, determination, and talent.

bisket
11-07-2009, 08:22 PM
i hit the tri in that race and netted 20 bucks :rolleyes: . i thought pp would beatem today. he's got a cruising speed i've never seen before on the turf. it has to be a course cut short, and firm. i don't bet against him at santa anita, gulfstream, and monmouth ever.

bisket
11-07-2009, 08:27 PM
I was about to start a thread about him and his performance. I thought he was dead at the top of the stretch but he just kept fighting on after insane fractions. What a show of heart, determination, and talent.
the jock had yet to ask him. he gave him a loose regn the whole race. i noticed he waited until another horse was alongside passion before he started scrubbing. thats unusual. usually the jock starts before the other horses come up on their horse. i wonder if its because of the blinkers. trainer must have instructed the jock to do this. with the blinkers more than likely passion doesn't even know the other horse there until its alongside him.

OTM Al
11-07-2009, 08:29 PM
I wonder if Elvis realised that they came after him a little sooner than normal. Don't know if he would have held on if he would have rerallied a little earlier, but some race to be sure. Would be sorry if this would be his last, but it was a great ride.

ghostyapper
11-07-2009, 08:33 PM
the jock had yet to ask him. he gave him a loose regn the whole race. i noticed he waited until another horse was alongside passion before he started scrubbing. thats unusual. usually the jock starts before the other horses come up on their horse. i wonder if its because of the blinkers. trainer must have instructed the jock to do this. with the blinkers more than likely passion doesn't even know the other horse there until its alongside him.

I know but watching all his previous races I didn't see much ratability in him so when the margin was closing so quickly I thought he was toast.

bisket
11-07-2009, 08:44 PM
same thing happened in his race at monmouth. i think it was the united nations. i thought he was cooked because the field came up to him in that race and he spurted away then. so i was expecting it, but he didn't have a horse with the closing kick like conduit chasing him in that one. it says alot that he ran those early fractions and was still able to run stride for stride in the stretch with one of europes best grass horses. wonder if he made any kind of case for the eclipse on the turf?

ghostyapper
11-07-2009, 08:47 PM
same thing happened in his race at monmouth. i think it was the united nations. i thought he was cooked because the field came up to him in that race and he spurted away then. so i was expecting it, but he didn't have a horse with the closing kick like conduit chasing him in that one. it says alot that he ran those early fractions and was still able to run stride for stride in the stretch with one of europes best grass horses. wonder if he made any kind of case for the eclipse on the turf?

The monmouth race was completely different. He opened a huge lead that slowly dwindled to the wire. The horses never caught up to him and then he spurted away. This is why I thought he was toast on the turn today.

bisket
11-07-2009, 08:53 PM
your probably right. the field started closing on him, but he spurted ahead enough to hold them. i just remember thinking in that race he was cooked, but he did have a little burst at the end. you have to take into consideration the downhill made her fractions much faster than you would normally see for the first 1/2 mile.