PDA

View Full Version : Procapper!!!

swoop
06-06-2003, 02:23 PM
Does anyone in here use Procapper???...If so I need your help...My disk has a flaw in the Jet Data Base File.....Please contact me if you have a copy of the racing program...I still use this for my 'capping and it works very well....any response would be appreciated...thanks...Swoop.... my email is ....homeboy4@cox.net....thanks again...PS...its the Procapper that TBoles and Stan created....Its a older program..also its Vers.3.29....Swoop....

John
06-09-2003, 03:12 PM
Swoop, I head Tony Boles. had a new version, Anyone know how to contact him about the new one....

BillW
06-09-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by rocajack
Swoop, I head Tony Boles. had a new version, Anyone know how to contact him about the new one....

rocajack,

He is a member of this board and has an e-mail link in his profile: tboles

Bill

tboles
06-09-2003, 06:38 PM
Swoop...
You did get this going..., right?

Tony

jackad
06-09-2003, 07:01 PM
Tony,
So what's up? Yes or no, and if yes, some details please.
Jack

swoop
06-09-2003, 09:12 PM
Yes..Tony I did..thanks for the concern...Swoop...

tboles
06-11-2003, 01:05 AM
Jackad,
Yes we are working on it! No concrete details as of yet but I will keep all concerned parties updated once we have something
ready to go.

Tony

John
06-11-2003, 09:16 AM
Tony.
In the meantime, would you recommend a program that is similar to yours, like DYNA-FORM.or is your program going to be completely different.

tboles
06-12-2003, 01:03 AM
RocaJack

It's going to be different. I wish I could tell you more at this time.

I really hate to recommend one software over another.
There are many good programmers on this board and they back it up with great support.

What type of software are you looking for? What do you want your new software to do for you in terms of how you would want to handicap a race?

Tony

John
06-12-2003, 08:25 AM
Tony,

What software I had I got rid of because most of them would lead me to favorite. I know there is no black box software.It would be foolish to believe that a program could give you a winner in every race.

Friend has a software that will give you the contenders and the program notes each horse as being in form or going out of form .a class rating , also improving BEYER numbers,also notes 1st time lasix, Blinkers on or off and a lot of little things that your eyes might miss.However the program does not consider recency.You could be looking at a contender that ran a year ago.
although it has Trainer stats, the program ignores the JOCKEY.also if the horse the is going from turf to dirt it will rate the horses best turf race which is not a true dirt race.

What I want is a program that will give you the true contenders and then get it down to 2 horses in the race and then I think you should use your handicapping ability to select the best of the contenders.Everyone out there will say that thier program will do that but it is not so.

Zaf
06-12-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by rocajack
Tony,
Friend has a software that will give you the contenders and the program notes each horse as being in form or going out of form .a class rating , also improving BEYER numbers,also notes 1st time lasix, Blinkers on or off and a lot of little things that your eyes might miss.However the program does not consider recency.You could be looking at a contender that ran a year ago.
although it has Trainer stats, the program ignores the JOCKEY.also if the horse the is going from turf to dirt it will rate the horses best turf race which is not a true dirt race.

Rocajack,

Which program are you talking about ?

ZAFONIC

John
06-12-2003, 08:44 AM
Zafonic,
I am not going to post the name of the software. I don't think it is fair. I told a little about it and then I zinged it.

If you really want tto know, e-mail me...O.K.

Speed Figure
06-12-2003, 11:12 AM
You want a program to give you the top 2 contenders in every race, Good luck!:D

Lefty
06-12-2003, 12:07 PM
Roca, you said one thing the prgm doesn't consider is recency. This is where YOU come in. If top horse does not meet your recency standards scratch him. We have to do a lot ourselves to make these prgms work. That's why the good ones give you good tools, but you have to build the horse.

Lefty
06-12-2003, 12:08 PM
Speaking of Jockeys: I like the "lesser" Jockeys on a my picks. Better prices.

John
06-12-2003, 06:41 PM
Yes, lefty I agree with you. It should be 50% computer and 50% your handicapping, such as recency and trainers and Jockeys ect.