PDA

View Full Version : Scratch the horse!

tzipi
11-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Jesus. If the trainer and owners can't school him. Then that's their fault. Horrible.

tzipi
11-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Good,glad he's scratched. For Quality Roads sake.

Bailey:"He always does this". I want to see how much they schooled him and gate works at the over last months.

onefast99
11-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Horrible was putting a cover over his eyes, let JR get off the horse and gently guide him in, a bad performance by the gate crew Pletcher will undoubtedly have a few things to say to the stewards tomorrow or even sooner. I saw this same exact thing done last year at Delmar the gate crew covered the horses face with a blindfold and made him nuts.

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2009, 08:28 PM
You write as if Santa Anita is the only place a blindfold was ever used...I see it used all around the country....it's standard operating procedure....

nijinski
11-07-2009, 08:35 PM
He was fractious even before he was blindfolded , and they often do work.

The crew doesn't have have a whole lot of time to make decisions , they were

in a dangerous position with QR , but I am actually thankful as it could have

ended up worse . I really don't hold the to blame .

onefast99
11-08-2009, 11:02 AM
You write as if Santa Anita is the only place a blindfold was ever used...I see it used all around the country....it's standard operating procedure....
You do not put a blindfold on a fractious horse, ask any trainer or gate crew member. Blinfolding a horse and snatching it off him while in the gate just adds more fuel to the fire, Someone from that gate crew is getting fired!