PDA

View Full Version : Environmentally Conscious?

Dave Schwartz
06-06-2003, 01:53 PM
If so, read this.

http://www.discover.com/may_03/featoil.html

Hosshead
06-07-2003, 01:49 AM
Dave, Where can I buy stock in this co./process?

Dave Schwartz
06-07-2003, 02:09 AM
http://www.changingworldtech.com/home.html

Dick Schmidt
06-07-2003, 04:41 AM
I read the original article a couple of months ago when it first came out. Today I got the newest issue of Discover and it had several letters trying to pick holes in the technology. None succeeded. This is apparently real and on the level.

Dick

melman
06-07-2003, 07:09 AM
Mr Surly and Dave I am sure you are also aware that GM is working now and HAS a car that runs on NO oil. No Joke. We are talking maybe 10 years down the road. Total emissions from this car are a few drops of water. Of course the radical libs will try and find some way of making this a conspiracy by the "big money" people. BTW Mr Surly ever read any of the "stories" by the NY Times big reporter?? Stories indeed!!!!!!!!! LOL Seems the FINALLY got around to firing a few people. OK AndyG I know we need a free press and they DO get stories correct but there is dirt in there house also. And plenty of it they just like to "cover up" better than some others.

BillW
06-07-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by melman
Total emissions from this car are a few drops of water. Of course the radical libs will try and find some way of making this a conspiracy by the "big money" people.

Mel,

This must be that dihydrogen-monoxide stuff I hear the greenpeace people talking about. That toxic substance that literally falls from the sky and pollutes everything. I think it causes global hydration or something.:D

Bill

Derek2U
06-07-2003, 09:46 AM
PeaWee Brains listen up .... Most people live in a very small
tight circle & their "world" view is limited to where they live.
The NY Times is a great World paper ---- and no one can convince
me that the Boise Press is better. And why is that so many
Right Wing NeoCon God Freaks got lard asses?

Tom
06-07-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Derek2U

You can either read the NY Times or watch the SciFi channel.
That paper has zero credibility. It is, however, really handy if you are buying large quantities of fish. Hmmmm, now that I think about it, maybe it isn't the fish that smell...?

melman
06-07-2003, 11:01 AM
Derek right wing NeoCon God Freaks??? Let me also point out that the church has dirt in it's house. Just check the "good" stories about the God people going after young boys. However to deny the NY Times has "made up" whole stories is to bury your head in the sand. Those two senior editors did not resign for nothing.

Larry Hamilton
06-07-2003, 11:05 AM
What amazes me, Tom, is that he would actually post this before he let his dad the college math professor read it. He is embarrassing good education. He lacks logic, eloquence, grammar, punctuation, humor and congeniality. Besides that he makes an excellent chat mate. He can, on the other hand, be as insulting as anyone without half trying.

*click*

Derek2U
06-07-2003, 11:43 AM
Great article Dave Schwartz. I'm gonna check that comp.

JustRalph
06-07-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Derek2U

"Pee Wee Brains"....very nice Derek. You really do think you are better than others huh? I can tell you this......with the crap that has been proven lately, the Boise Press sure did close the gap on the times. As for your reference to "right wing NeoCon God Freaks" and their asses, I would think the good wholesome life makes it easy to put on a few extra pounds. The interesting part is you reveal many of your own prejudices that qualify in your own pronouncement. You make it sound like you may fall into your own trap and maybe you have a limited world view. For some reason you guys from the Big Apple think that the world revolves around you and everything that happens in your city. Sorry to burst your bubble. Most people outside of " the City" could give a hoot what you think and your New York could fall off the earth tomorrow and many would be pleased or wouldn't care as long as Usama Bin Laden wasn't responsible.

I can tell you that some people consider very different what their quality of life is measured by. You don't find it on a roadmap or by investing your happiness in what city you reside. The person who is truly happy inside can be happy anywhere. There are other factors that can be very important. Since you brought up Boise and New York, lets take a look. 43 out of 100,000 residents of Ny City are murdered. 351 out of every 100,000 are victims of robbery. In Boise 1 out of every 100,000 people are murdered. That adds up to 2 murders in 2001 (these stats are 2001 stats, latest available) 41 out of 100,000 are victims of robbery. So as you can see there are definite differences if you want to invest yourself in an identity built around the differences between New York city and Boise. Doing this by defending the NY Times and insulting people who are "right wing" Neocon God freaks might lead to the suggestion that you might want to stick your head out the window and take a close look around at what you are defending. BTW Boise does have a higher incidence of reported Rape victims on a percentage basis, based on the 100,000 citizens number. Most people would find that encouraging for New York. But most studies reveal that women in New York report rapes about 40% of the time. Many have said the publicity generated by rape trials in New York City is the prime reason they don't. You think the Ny Papers have anything to do with that? My point is you may want to look around at what you are defending before you start slamming others and when you stick your head out the window make sure nobody whacks it off or sticks anything in your mouth without your permission. The numbers clearly show that it is more likely to happen in New York.
Just another Pee Wee Brain......:cool:

Tom
06-07-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph
..... BTW Boise does have a higher incidence of reported Rape victims on a percentage basis, based on the 100,000 citizens number. Most people would find that encouraging for New York. But most studies reveal that women in New York report rapes about 40% of the time. Many have said the publicity generated by rape trials in New York City is the prime reason they don't. You think the Ny Papers have anything to do with that?
Just another Pee Wee Brain......:cool: [/B]

My first thought was, "Gee, NY women must be uglier than Boise women!"
:rolleyes: :eek:

Lefty
06-07-2003, 10:52 PM
Derek fesses up why he is the way he is, now how about Amazin and Ljb?

JustRalph
06-07-2003, 11:00 PM
Tom

Is that guy on a phone?

Tom
06-08-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by JustRalph
Tom

Is that guy on a phone?

Yes. It is the track superintendent at Belmont phoning in the track conditioin this morning.

BillW
06-08-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Tom
Yes. It is the track superintendent at Belmont phoning in the track conditioin this morning.

"Ahh, hello <tap, tap, tap> is this thing working, ahh yea, the track, err, ahh it's good, err no I mean err muddy, yea that's it" :D

boxcar
06-08-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Tom
You can either read the NY Times or watch the SciFi channel.
That paper has zero credibility. It is, however, really handy if you are buying large quantities of fish. Hmmmm, now that I think about it, maybe it isn't the fish that smell...?

I tried finding a use for that 0-credibility rag and decided to line my cats' litter boxes with it; but, evidently, they thought the paper stunk so badly that the box was already full of crap, and so they refused to use the boxes.

Boxcar (wondering if fire would be kinder to it)

Tom
06-09-2003, 09:55 PM
LOL...

I hard a similar one. My next door neighbor discontinued his subscription to the NY Times....seems the paperboy would always throw the paper on the lawn and his cat would keep covering it
up.