PDA

View Full Version : Maj Hasan...one Soldiers Opine

JustRalph
11-07-2009, 02:17 PM
http://www.jrsalzman.com/post/2009/11/07/PTSD.aspx

From the article:

So why haven't they gone crazy? Because you don't get PTSD from sitting on your ass around Walter Reed. Not only is it not possible to “catch” secondhand PTSD, but it is not that kind of a place. I would know, I was a patient there for nine months. The place is simply not that stressful or chaotic. When I was there my PTSD got better, not worse. And I would be willing to bet my dog tags that I saw far more wounded Soldiers than shit bag major did during our overlapping time there in 2007. I regularly visited Ward 57 to give advice to the new wounded. Other Soldiers and amputees did it for me when I was there so I considered my visits “paying it forward”. I had daily physical and occupational therapy. I regularly partook in activities in and out of Walter Reed with present and past wounded Soldiers. To say that this guy got PTSD from being stationed at Walter Reed is an absolute ****ing farce. The people who are making this shit up have never set foot on Walter Reed, let alone met a soldier with PTSD.

Much Much More at the link

PaceAdvantage
11-07-2009, 05:08 PM
The people who are making this shit up have never set foot on Walter Reed, let alone met a soldier with PTSD.

Much Much More at the linkI hope to high Heaven that 46zilzal pays extra attention to my quoted bit above...as we all KNOW he places UTMOST IMPORTANCE on FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE....

So there you go 46zilzal...the expert has spoken....

boxcar
11-07-2009, 05:58 PM
I hope to high Heaven that 46zilzal pays extra attention to my quoted bit above...as we all KNOW he places UTMOST IMPORTANCE on FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE....

So there you go 46zilzal...the expert has spoken....

Except in this case... :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Tom
11-07-2009, 06:00 PM
He read all about it in Reader's Digest.

ArlJim78
11-07-2009, 06:05 PM
In a shocking coincidence:rolleyes: , it seems major Hasan in 2001 (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/6521758/Fort-Hood-shooting-Texas-army-killer-linked-to-September-11-terrorists.html)worshiped at a mosque led by a radical Iman who was a spiritual advisor to 3 of the 9/11 hijackers.

__________________________________________________ _______

Fort Hood shooting: Texas army killer linked to September 11 terrorists

Major Nidal Malik Hasan worshipped at a mosque led by a radical imam said to be a "spiritual adviser" to three of the hijackers who attacked America on Sept 11, 2001.

Hasan, the sole suspect in the massacre of 13 fellow US soldiers in Texas, attended the controversial Dar al-Hijrah mosque in Great Falls, Virginia, in 2001 at the same time as two of the September 11 terrorists, The Sunday Telegraph has learnt. His mother's funeral was held there in May that year.

The preacher at the time was Anwar al-Awlaki, an American-born Yemeni scholar who was banned from addressing a meeting in London by video link in August because he is accused of supporting attacks on British troops and backing terrorist organisations.

Hasan's eyes "lit up" when he mentioned his deep respect for al-Awlaki's teachings, according to a fellow Muslim officer at the Fort Hood base in Texas, the scene of Thursday's horrific shooting spree.

As investigators look at Hasan's motives and mindset, his attendance at the mosque could be an important piece of the jigsaw. Al-Awlaki moved to Dar al-Hijrah as imam in January, 2001, from the west coast, and three months later the September 11 hijackers Nawaf al-Hamzi and Hani Hanjour began attending his services. A third hijacker attended his services in California.

Hasan was praying at Dar al-Hijrah at about the same time, and the FBI will now want to investigate whether he met the two terrorists.

boxcar
11-07-2009, 07:52 PM
He read all about it in Reader's Digest.

And we know that publication is too deep for him.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
11-08-2009, 07:30 PM
more background on Hasan (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/6526030/Fort-Hood-gunman-had-told-US-military-colleagues-that-infidels-should-have-their-throats-cut.html).

Fort Hood gunman had told US military colleagues that infidels should have their throats cut

Major Nidal Malik Hasan, the gunman who killed 13 at America's Fort Hood military base, once gave a lecture to other doctors in which he said non-believers should be beheaded and have boiling oil poured down their throats.

He also told colleagues at America's top military hospital that non-Muslims were infidels condemned to hell who should be set on fire. The outburst came during an hour-long talk Hasan, an Army psychiatrist, gave on the Koran in front of dozens of other doctors at Walter Reed Army Medical Centre in Washington DC, where he worked for six years before arriving at Fort Hood in July.

Colleagues had expected a discussion on a medical issue but were instead given an extremist interpretation of the Koran, which Hasan appeared to believe.

One of Hasan's neighbours described how on the day of the massacre, about 9am, he gave her a Koran and told her: "I'm going to do good work for God" before leaving for the base.

this is the second case of sudden jihadist syndrome directed at the military on US soil this year. I suggest they start to take this stuff more seriously. the views of Hasan are not out of the ordinary in the fundamentalist Islamic teachings.

boxcar
11-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Exactly right! I stated early on in the Fort Hood thread that this case had all the earmarks of PC run amok. PC comes with a high price -- in this case 13 lives and 30 others whose lives may be damaged forever.

More from the above cited article:

Fellow doctors have recounted how they were repeatedly harangued by Hasan about religion and that he openly claimed to be a "Muslim first and American second."

One Army doctor who knew him said a fear of appearing discriminatory against a Muslim soldier had stopped fellow officers from filing formal complaints.

Too bad those that Army doctor didn't fear more for the lives of Hasan's "infidels". If he had, they'd still be alive today.

Boxcar

Tom
11-08-2009, 10:11 PM
He is a sleeper. Take him out and shoot him. But first, use every available means of torture - REAL torture to make sure he has no other info about others.

The is no down side to torturing this POS. If he knows nothing, sucks to be him. And puleeeeze, tape it and stream it over the internet as a little message to the rest of the world.

jballscalls
11-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Thanks for posting Ralph. Ive spent a lot of time in support groups with People with PTSD and from listening to their strories, many of them exhibit the same feelings and experiences this solider had and not what that shitbag hasan dealt with.

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2009, 02:34 AM
One Army doctor who knew him said a fear of appearing discriminatory against a Muslim soldier had stopped fellow officers from filing formal complaints.I don't really buy this line of reasoning, but I suppose anything is possible. To me, the above sounds like the height of lunacy.

It's like saying you fear appearing discriminatory against child predators, so you don't call the police when a stranger in a car pulls up to your neighbors yard and tries to trick your neighbor's kid into going for a ride...

Pell Mell
11-09-2009, 07:20 AM
I don't really buy this line of reasoning, but I suppose anything is possible. To me, the above sounds like the height of lunacy.

It's like saying you fear appearing discriminatory against child predators, so you don't call the police when a stranger in a car pulls up to your neighbors yard and tries to trick your neighbor's kid into going for a ride...

PA, with all due respect, lodging a complaint in the military is a little different that making a phone call in civilian life.

lsbets
11-09-2009, 07:20 AM
I don't really buy this line of reasoning, but I suppose anything is possible. To me, the above sounds like the height of lunacy.

Its more than possible. In the Army, EO/CO (Equal Opportunity and Consideration of Others) training is conducted twice a year and baseless complaints are regularly filed by soldiers who won't man up to their actions. In the span of one week, I had two EO complaints filed against me as a commander - one for giving an Article 15 to a black soldier who was caught stealing at the PX, and another by a white soldier who had a long history of misbehavior. The black soldier said I was racist for taking rank from him after he was caught stealing. The white soldier said I was racist for taking his rank away because I was trying to look better after busting a black soldier. It was a pain in the ass having to sit down with two different investigators and produce all of the documentation and justify my actions as a commander, but it happens all the time. I am not surprised that in our ultra PC Army that many would opt to not report the Muslim because of fears it might tarnish their records and careers. The Army is no different than any other large organization - some will do the right thing no matter how difficult it may be or make things, while most will go along the path of least resistance.

ArlJim78
11-09-2009, 09:54 AM
this is troubling (http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/fort-hood-shooter-contact-al-qaeda-terrorists-officials/story?id=9030873), our intelligence agencies were aware months ago that Hasan was trying to get in touch with al Qaeda.
from ABC

Army Major in Fort Hood Massacre Used 'Electronic Means' to Connect with Terrorists

By RICHARD ESPOSITO, MATTHEW COLE and BRIAN ROSS

U.S. intelligence agencies were aware months ago that Army Major Nidal Hasan was attempting to make contact with people associated with al Qaeda, two American officials briefed on classified material in the case told ABC News.
It is not known whether the intelligence agencies informed the Army that one of its officers was seeking to connect with suspected al Qaeda figures, the officials said.

One senior lawmaker said the CIA had, so far, refused to brief the intelligence committees on what, if any, knowledge they had about Hasan's efforts.

Tom
11-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Do we need "Don't ask, don't tell for muslim extremist enemy combatants?

Good point by a caller on Beck today - Obama is telling us not to jump to conclusions about this muslim terrorist, to wait until we have all the facts ( scrubbed?) in. BUT, when he heard a black man was arrested by cops, he IMMEDIATELY called them stupid. And has NEVER apologixed for it.

Two-faced POS.

boxcar
11-09-2009, 10:50 AM

That is exactly what PC is -- LUNACY! Also, ever hear of peer pressure and what a powerful force that can be in people's decision-making processes. Couple that with Army policy and you'd have a pretty powerful deterrent to whistle blowing. Most people don't want to swim upstream because it's easier and less complicated to just go with the flow.

Moreover, your child predator analogy is a little extreme because nothing has surfaced, thus far, in this major's background to suggest overt acts of aggression on his part.

Boxcar

46zilzal
11-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Since you know NOTHING of psychiatry, let me enlighten you to the fact that NO TWO PTSD's are caused by the same protagonist: stress is an individual's reaction to a particular situation that causes THEM to react. It could be one's lifestyle, the situation (how well I know looking after my wife's slow but inevitable health down turn which I could do nothing to stop), thier health, their job, their self-esteem etc etc.

Given the push long enough, ANYONE will suffer the ravages of this syndrome in various aspects. I know because I was a victim of it.

boxcar
11-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Since you know NOTHING of psychiatry, let me enlighten you to the fact that NO TWO PTSD's are caused by the same protagonist: stress is an individual's reaction to a particular situation that causes THEM to react. It could be one's lifestyle, the situation (how well I know looking after my wife's slow but inevitable health down turn which I could do nothing to stop), thier health, their job, their self-esteem etc etc.

Given the push long enough, ANYONE will suffer the ravages of this syndrome in various aspects. I know because I was a victim of it.

Oh, Enlightened One, permit me to bow before your superior intellect. Of course, you're right. The "protagonist" in this terrorist's case was his religion -- Islam. (Stuff this protagonist into your hash pipe and puff on it!)

Also, since everyone experiences stress, then I take it that all of us should be absolved of any wrongdoings? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

46zilzal
11-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Oh, Enlightened One, permit me to bow before your superior intellect. Of course, you're right. The "protagonist" in this terrorist's case was his religion -- Islam. (Stuff this protagonist into your hash pipe and puff on it!)

Also, since everyone experiences stress, then I take it that all of us should be absolved of any wrongdoings? :

We do not know what demons pushed this guy over the edge. They are real and they create unbelievable changes in NORMAL people. Recidivism is also another aspect that the cured patient has to be aware of and note the earliest aspects of their reaction again to the same pressures.

Tom
11-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Water board the demons out of him.

ArlJim78
11-09-2009, 11:58 AM
he wasn't pushed over the edge, he's been talking about this stuff for years.

like many others he was indoctrinated in the hateful teachings of fundamentalist Islam, even attending the same mosque as some of the 9/11 hijackers.
what does it take for some people to get a clue?

If this guy was a Christian and had a Glenn Beck bumper sticker and shot up a group of Muslims, NOBODY would be talking about stress, secondary trauma, or concern about a backlash against Christians.

boxcar
11-09-2009, 12:27 PM
We do not know what demons pushed this guy over the edge. They are real and they create unbelievable changes in NORMAL people. Recidivism is also another aspect that the cured patient has to be aware of and note the earliest aspects of their reaction again to the same pressures.

Since when did you become a believer in demons?

Also, you didn't answer my question. All of us undergo stress to one degree or another. Does this fact absolve any of us from wrongdoing, since we could all say that demon stress made me do it?

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2009, 04:07 PM
If this guy was a Christian and had a Glenn Beck bumper sticker and shot up a group of Muslims, NOBODY would be talking about stress, secondary trauma, or concern about a backlash against Christians.An excellent point that bears repeating over and over again.

PaceAdvantage
11-09-2009, 04:10 PM
I am not surprised that in our ultra PC Army that many would opt to not report the Muslim because of fears it might tarnish their records and careers. The Army is no different than any other large organization - some will do the right thing no matter how difficult it may be or make things, while most will go along the path of least resistance.Thank you for providing first hand knowledge on the general situation that exists in today's Army. It's still very shocking to see how many red flags were out there that were either never seen or simply ignored that ended up costing so many so much...

JustRalph
11-09-2009, 05:13 PM
I think I am getting PTZD

and the post has nothing to do with occurring after anything, except for reading some "posts"

46zilzal
11-09-2009, 05:32 PM
(Am Fam Physician 2003;68:2401-8,2409. Copyright© 2003 American Academy of Family Physicians)

Although post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a debilitating anxiety disorder that may cause significant distress and increased use of health resources, the condition often goes undiagnosed. The lifetime prevalence of PTSD in the United States is 8 to 9 percent, and approximately 25 to 30 percent of victims of significant trauma develop PTSD. The emotional and physical symptoms of PTSD occur in three clusters: re-experiencing the trauma, marked avoidance of usual activities, and increased symptoms of arousal. Before a diagnosis of PTSD can be made, the patient's symptoms must significantly disrupt normal activities and last for more than one month. Approximately 80 percent of patients with PTSD have at least one comorbid psychiatric disorder. The most common comorbid disorders include depression, alcohol and drug abuse, and other anxiety disorders. Treatment relies on a multidimensional approach, including supportive patient education, cognitive behavior therapy, and psychopharmacology. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors are the mainstay of pharmacologic treatment.

boxcar
11-09-2009, 06:30 PM
(Am Fam Physician 2003;68:2401-8,2409. Copyright© 2003 American Academy of Family Physicians)

Although post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a debilitating anxiety disorder that may cause significant distress and increased use of health resources, the condition often goes undiagnosed. The lifetime prevalence of PTSD in the United States is 8 to 9 percent, and approximately 25 to 30 percent of victims of significant trauma develop PTSD. The emotional and physical symptoms of PTSD occur in three clusters: re-experiencing the trauma, marked avoidance of usual activities, and increased symptoms of arousal. Before a diagnosis of PTSD can be made, the patient's symptoms must significantly disrupt normal activities and last for more than one month. Approximately 80 percent of patients with PTSD have at least one comorbid psychiatric disorder. The most common comorbid disorders include depression, alcohol and drug abuse, and other anxiety disorders. Treatment relies on a multidimensional approach, including supportive patient education, cognitive behavior therapy, and psychopharmacology. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors are the mainstay of pharmacologic treatment.

It appears the good ol' major doesn't qualify on any of the above -- not from what I've read, thus far.

But have no fear, zilly, the MM will continue to paint this guy as a victim. And moreover, the moronic joint chief of staff guy( Pace, is his name?) essentially said that the GREATER tragedy would be to not to embrace diversity in the military -- that in the diversity, there's strength -- yada, yada, yada. Therefore, "diversity", to this idiot, is more valuable than human lives. The loss of all those lives and the injuries of all the others pale by comparison to the importance of diversity in the military, which further implies the endorsement and support of the PC status quo.

We are truly living in an insane world. Virtually the whole world has gone mad.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
11-09-2009, 07:26 PM
his business card has the abbreviation "SoA", for Soldier of Allah.
it's explained here (http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2009/11/major-muslims-calling-card-soa-soldier-of-allah.html).

http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/card2.jpg

Show Me the Wire
11-09-2009, 07:29 PM
He is a victim of Obama's lies and amatuerish foreign policies.

Tom
11-09-2009, 08:14 PM
He is a friggin terrorist and needs to be treated as such.

Maybe Obama will have him over for a beer.

JustRalph
11-09-2009, 08:37 PM
"Let's don't jump to conclusions, we don't have all the facts"

Obama on an obvious Muslim extremist who kills 13 soldiers and wounded 20.......

" The Cambridge Police Acted Stupidly! " Obama, shooting his mouth off without all the facts..........

Hmmm Hmmmm Hmmmm......... I wonder what the difference is?

GaryG
11-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Trying to paint this guy as a "nut" will make Barack Hussein the first look like more of a muslim apologist than the leader of the free world. He will not be able to stonewall this for long as the facts continue to be known about Hasan and his various activities.

ddog
11-10-2009, 01:14 PM
his business card has the abbreviation "SoA", for Soldier of Allah.
it's explained here (http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2009/11/major-muslims-calling-card-soa-soldier-of-allah.html).

http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/card2.jpg

If THIS IS TRUE, it is "from another world" beyond belief!!!!!

Hard to top this one.

Soldier of Allah , really NOW ........................ :( :( :(

A fanatical MUslim SHRINK to attend our troops!!!! Never thought I would live to see the day.They say empires die from within-- how very true that sounds.

boxcar
11-10-2009, 01:25 PM
"Let's don't jump to conclusions, we don't have all the facts"

Obama on an obvious Muslim extremist who kills 13 soldiers and wounded 20.......

" The Cambridge Police Acted Stupidly! " Obama, shooting his mouth off without all the facts..........

Hmmm Hmmmm Hmmmm......... I wonder what the difference is?

Great post! Funny how these "chickens" have a way of coming home to roost, isn't it? This, again, betrays BO's true mindset. His true sympathies. His true feelings which he tries so hard to conceal from us all.

Boxcar
P.S. Mosty, got some good spin for us on this? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

ArlJim78
11-10-2009, 02:08 PM
I see that Hasan is conscious now and refusing to talk. I hope someone is making sure that he has access to the news so that he realizes that he was shot by a female officer and that the whole world now knows about his trips to the strip club to get lap dances recently. Allah will be very displeased that he was partaking in the infidel lifestyle, he shouldn't expect any virgins waiting for him when he expires.

so.cal.fan
11-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Another SOA, John Mohammed will be executed tonight for murdering all those people in his 2002 terrorist attack, known as the DC Sniper murders.
Good riddance, Mohammed.
I only hope we all get to see Hasan executed.

ddog
11-10-2009, 05:33 PM
I see that Hasan is conscious now and refusing to talk. I hope someone is making sure that he has access to the news so that he realizes that he was shot by a female officer and that the whole world now knows about his trips to the strip club to get lap dances recently. Allah will be very displeased that he was partaking in the infidel lifestyle, he shouldn't expect any virgins waiting for him when he expires.

It's a little deeper than that imo.

The fact that they can go to those places and they do enjoy the infidel lifestyle is what can drive a guy nuts. You know you are not to partake and yet the "lifestyle" overwhelms you. Don't say it can't.

Then the radical type gets driven to insane actions becuase of the very life he sees around him.

They blame the infidel for their fall. Not an excuse , but that's the way I think it goes down.

TurfRuler
11-10-2009, 05:47 PM
'Ye though I walk through the valley of death, I shall fear NO evil."

But our Muslim brothers say "Allah Akbar" God is Great when they pray and prepare to die.

Have you ever asked yourself, "if there were no Goliath, there would have been no need for a David?"

bigmack
11-10-2009, 07:00 PM
I am not surprised that in our ultra PC Army that many would opt to not report the Muslim because of fears it might tarnish their records and careers. The Army is no different than any other large organization - some will do the right thing no matter how difficult it may be or make things, while most will go along the path of least resistance.
General Casey said, “Our diversity, not only in our Army, but in our country, is a strength. And as horrific as this tragedy was, if our diversity becomes a casualty, I think that’s worse,”.

Bigger casualty than 13 dead of his own soldiers?

riskman
11-10-2009, 07:35 PM
"Hasan's comments came in what was supposed to be a medical seminar, The Washington Post reported, but instead he spoke to senior Army doctors about Islam.(2007)

Hasan, a psychiatrist, aimed to describe "religious conflicts that Muslims may have with the current wars in Iraq and Afghanistan," according to the newspaper's report.

The report is based on a slide show that The Washington Post said Hasan used in the June 2007 presentation."

Here is the slide show: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/09/AR2009110903618.html?hpid=topnews

Nothing came of this with Hasan's superior officers? On top of this he is ordered to deploy to Afghan? It is unbelievable that this army shrink was left to simmer in a boiling pot and take out his revenge and anger on his fellow soldiers.

Someone here has to answer to the victims and their families.

JustRalph
11-10-2009, 07:36 PM
General Casey said, “Our diversity, not only in our Army, but in our country, is a strength. And as horrific as this tragedy was, if our diversity becomes a casualty, I think that’s worse,”.

They were calling for him to resign this morning on the radio..........

after saying that, he should not be in command. He obviously thinks Outlandish cosmic notions are more important than his Troops........or he has been brainwashed by one too many Diversity training classes

boxcar
11-10-2009, 11:29 PM

Yup, thanks for posting this. This is what I was alluding to earlier. (But I think I got my generals mixed up.) This is just a mind-numbing, mind-boggling statement that I cannot, for the life of me, wrap my mind around. I cannot understand how a U.S. general could say something like this.

Boxcar

boxcar
11-10-2009, 11:31 PM
"Hasan's comments came in what was supposed to be a medical seminar, The Washington Post reported, but instead he spoke to senior Army doctors about Islam.(2007)

Hasan, a psychiatrist, aimed to describe "religious conflicts that Muslims may have with the current wars in Iraq and Afghanistan," according to the newspaper's report.

The report is based on a slide show that The Washington Post said Hasan used in the June 2007 presentation."

Here is the slide show: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/09/AR2009110903618.html?hpid=topnews

Nothing came of this with Hasan's superior officers? On top of this he is ordered to deploy to Afghan? It is unbelievable that this army shrink was left to simmer in a boiling pot and take out his revenge and anger on his fellow soldiers.

Someone here has to answer to the victims and their families.

It won't be anyone in this arrogant, elitist government! People in high places are above making mistakes.

Boxcar

Tom
11-11-2009, 08:16 AM
If Casey is a general, we need to bring the troops home. Now. All of them.

ArlJim78
11-11-2009, 10:43 AM
I must admit that Casey's comments about diversity don't sit very well with me.
What's he going to tell the family members of those gunned down by Hasan, that they gave their lives for the cause of diversity?

Tom
11-11-2009, 10:48 AM
A general who cannot spot the enemy is worthless. Perhaps he should become a community organizer.

boxcar
11-11-2009, 11:15 AM
I must admit that Casey's comments about diversity don't sit very well with me.
What's he going to tell the family members of those gunned down by Hasan, that they gave their lives for the cause of diversity?

Exactly! And that they died for something worth much more than all their lives put together. Welcome to the not-so-wonderful world of Political Correctness -- Liberal Lunacy at its worst.

Boxcar