PDA

View Full Version : Lukas

tanda
08-04-2001, 11:08 PM
Do not ever count Lukas out. Maybe Padua is reconsidering.

Since May 1999: Charismatic, Cash Run, Cat Thief, Commendable and Scorpion. All Grade Is, all big prices.

Of course, Scorpion does not begin with a C, so that destroys my Lukas/Grade I/ "C" longshot theory.

P.S. Congaree blew

ridersup
08-05-2001, 09:16 AM
Tanda:

Since you reached the S's with Scorpion you might as well add Spain and Surfside and the $700 plus exacta in the BC Distaff

Ridersup

Tom
08-05-2001, 10:01 AM
Others might call it great training how he is always ready for the big races, but I call it suspicious how so many of his horses suddenly run by far the best race of their lives. When Oscar Barerra used to do it, there were calls for his head every day. I am still curious-did anyone make Scorpion a contender yesterday, and if so, what race(s) did he ever run to make you think he would improve that much. I am willing to listen to reasonable handicapping conclusions and maybe even agree afterwards.
(Hop is spellled everything ritgh!)
Tom

tanda
08-07-2001, 12:20 PM
Ridersup,

Yeah, I remembered Spain after I posted.

Does any big name trainer drop so many bombs in Grade I races?

In the last 3 years, he has a Kentucky Derby, BC Juvenile Fillies, BC Classic, Belmont Stakes, BC Distaff and Jim Dandy at double digit odds (and all but Scorpion at 17 or 18 plus : 1).