PDA

View Full Version : After watching Lifes Sweet Distaff...

FastAndFurious
11-07-2009, 09:28 AM
After watching her distaff yesterday,does it change your mind on how Zenyatta will run?

Steve R
11-07-2009, 10:15 AM
After watching her distaff yesterday,does it change your mind on how Zenyatta will run?
Absolutely! But if she wins, for me the race will always have an asterisk next to it and it won't change my view that she is a very good but not great mare. If she does pull it off, I hope the obvious AWS bias will be taken into account when it comes to HOY voting.

jballscalls
11-07-2009, 10:20 AM
honestly it doesn't change my feelings on the race. Life is sweet had a monster pace to run into yesterday and she's always been a good runner. Zenyatta would have closed in yesterday like she always did and would have probably won or ran second to LIS.

but i still think she's a play against at low odds today. never ran distance, never faced boys seems alot to overcome at 5/2 or thereabouts. then again Rachel did it LOL

Java Gold@TFT
11-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Life Is Sweet ran in the Hollywood Gold Cup against males fininshing third while the Princess stayed in the barn - enough said.

Robert Fischer
11-07-2009, 10:48 AM
lets be honest - life is sweet got things her way and also ran unexpectedly well.

If she simply "ran her race" and won (presumably vs others whom we were unsure of their form and needed a "form comparison" in the first place) - THEN we would want to make a form comparison.
In this case it's meaningless. Horses like lethal heat who kicked her ass in previous races were non contenders yesterday.
The only thing you draw from it if you are reaching is that maybe Shirreffs is "hot"...

toussaud
11-07-2009, 10:58 AM
lethal heat was a throw out for me from jump street

she's ran 6 times in 3 months before yesterday. you werent' going to get a winning effort from her after that year she was put through

Robert Fischer
11-07-2009, 11:14 AM
lethal heat was a throw out for me from jump street

she's ran 6 times in 3 months before yesterday. you werent' going to get a winning effort from her after that year she was put through

she was so fit Abrams wanted to run her an unorthodox BOTH BC days.

anyway the point is that Life is Sweet's-ladies Classic should flatter Lethal Heat's form in a major way (having beat her about 2.5lengths/per in last two) if you want to make those types of form comparisons

toussaud
11-07-2009, 11:30 AM
she was so fit Abrams wanted to run her an unorthodox BOTH BC days.

anyway the point is that Life is Sweet's-ladies Classic should flatter Lethal Heat's form in a major way (having beat her about 2.5lengths/per in last two) if you want to make those types of form comparisons
\

which is not suprising coming from someone who ran someone 6 times in less than 3 months.

that doesn't necessarily mean she was not tired.

I'm just saying that's why I tossed her. to expect a mare to be a factor in a world championship race hwen it's her seventh race in 3 months is asking alot