PDA

View Full Version : Smart Seattle

parlay
11-07-2009, 08:15 AM
Did anybody notice what caused this horse to check severly?

Bobzilla
11-07-2009, 08:28 AM

Smart Seattle was one of my key horses yesterday so I wasn't at all happy when I saw him check on the second turn. Up until that moment he had been enjoying the trip I was hoping for. The official chart doesn't mention anything about the interference which surprised me because it did appear obvious to me. When I have a chance I'm going to watch again to get a better idea of the whos and whats. I'll still take a horse saving ground in a turf event and running the risk of inside trouble rather than seeing them parked outside, at least during the first two thirds of the race.

Nacumi
11-07-2009, 08:33 AM

Probably the terrible ride Rose gave her. I was so fed up watching this one and then the ride on Zilva afterward, I wanted to call Motion up and ask why he continues to give Rose the mounts. He was sitting on a ton with both horses and put them both in bad spots so they couldn't have a chance to win. I suspect Mr. Strawbridge might have something to say to the trainer about future use of this jockey on his promising 2yos. :ThmbDown:

parlay
11-07-2009, 08:45 AM
and was sick with the panic Rose showed. He is following the winner
turning for home. That being said, if Biofuel doesn't get knocked out
of bounds he is the winna.
I have watched the SS race a few times and cant detect what happened.
The horse may have shied from something. He checked so abruptly i
thought he had broken down.
Motion has used Rose and Ramon D. , When he starts using GG he will
be shocked at the number of times his horses don't get stopped.

Bochall
11-07-2009, 10:00 AM
Smart Seattle checked (or shied) when either Hatheer or Elusive Galaxy rolled up on him in the 2 hole. Maybe he was cut off a bit but he surely chucked it after that. Rose got impatient on Zilva. Think he unecessarily yanked him to the 5 path in midstretch when a lil patience may have been more prudent. Disappointed in him as he has been a favortie of mine. Motion moved all his horses to Maryland and Rose was his man this year. He rides the rail like Borel but you can find lotsa trouble down there in a full field, something he doesnt experience in Maryland these days.

parlay
11-07-2009, 01:12 PM
He won without me in the 1st :bang: :bang: :D

Nacumi
11-07-2009, 01:21 PM
He won without me in the 1st :bang: :bang: :D

I was about to say the young lad must have gotten a talking to by the trainer last night after the two disaster rides on Strawbridge's other babies.
Methinks he would have gotten the pink slip if he didn't win on Smart Bid. :lol:
I wouldn't have bet him today with Parlay's money. Only cost me 12-1 odds.
:rolleyes: