PDA

View Full Version : PELOSI: Buy a $15,000 Policy or Go to Jail!

andymays
11-06-2009, 06:57 PM
JCT Confirms Failure to Comply with Democrats’ Mandate Can Lead to 5 Years in Jail

http://republicans.waysandmeans.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=153583

Washington, Nov 6 -

Today, Ranking Member of the House Ways and Means Committee Dave Camp (R-MI) released a letter from the non-partisan Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) confirming that the failure to comply with the individual mandate to buy health insurance contained in the Pelosi health care bill (H.R. 3962, as amended) could land people in jail. The JCT letter makes clear that Americans who do not maintain “acceptable health insurance coverage” and who choose not to pay the bill’s new individual mandate tax (generally 2.5% of income), are subject to numerous civil and criminal penalties, including criminal fines of up to $250,000 and imprisonment of up to five years.

In response to the JCT letter, Camp said: “This is the ultimate example of the Democrats’ command-and-control style of governing – buy what we tell you or go to jail. It is outrageous and it should be stopped immediately.”

http://republicans.waysandmeans.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=153583

boxcar
11-06-2009, 07:03 PM
JCT Confirms Failure to Comply with Democrats’ Mandate Can Lead to 5 Years in Jail

Washington, Nov 6 -

Today, Ranking Member of the House Ways and Means Committee Dave Camp (R-MI) released a letter from the non-partisan Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) confirming that the failure to comply with the individual mandate to buy health insurance contained in the Pelosi health care bill (H.R. 3962, as amended) could land people in jail. The JCT letter makes clear that Americans who do not maintain “acceptable health insurance coverage” and who choose not to pay the bill’s new individual mandate tax (generally 2.5% of income), are subject to numerous civil and criminal penalties, including criminal fines of up to $250,000 and imprisonment of up to five years.

In response to the JCT letter, Camp said: “This is the ultimate example of the Democrats’ command-and-control style of governing – buy what we tell you or go to jail. It is outrageous and it should be stopped immediately.”

Recently someone asked this dingbat if mandated health care was constitutional. To paraphrase her, she responded: Are you serious? Typical elitist, holier-than-thou, how-dare-you-challenge-me, look-down-the-condescending-snout reply.

Boxcar

DJofSD
11-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Reminds me of debtors prison. You couldn't pay your debt to some one, you got thrown into jail until you did. Couldn't harvest your crops while in the pokey? To bad.

JustRalph
11-06-2009, 07:16 PM
This is gonna be fun...........can't wait till the pundits start talking about this

I predict someday this shit goes to the Supreme court

DJofSD
11-06-2009, 07:19 PM
That some day had better be sooner not later.

Show Me the Wire
11-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Another illustration of the short-sightedness of the progressives and the resulting unintended consequences of their stupidity. This is akin to sending dead beat dads to jail as felons over child support payments.

Putting someone on prison for failing to make child support payments is sentencing someone to prison over a financial debt. However, the courts ruled sending people to jail dor failing to pay was constituional. Go figure. Then the law of unintended consequences appeared.

It seems convicted felons are pretty much unemployable, even in a robust economy. Unemployed dads can't make payments as they have no income. Making people criminals over a financial obligation turned out to be a bone-headed idea, resulting in the total loss of child support.

Yet the bone-head progressive crowd do not learn from their mistakes.

price
11-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Nobody said anything when "they" came for me. Where were the cries of freedom and choice when it came to

Using my sealtbelt
Smoking
DUI checkpoints
Insurance Checkpoints
Photo Radar
Red Light Cameras
Proof of Car Insurance

It won't be long until the day arrives where a fat ass like me cannot order a Large Pizza all for myself without paying a fine or facing jail. I work shifts...so I guess it wont be long until I need to have papers with me for driving through a bad area late at night.

bigmack
11-06-2009, 07:52 PM
This is as comical as it gets. Who do they think they're dealing with?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/11_6_09_16_47_32.png

ArlJim78
11-06-2009, 08:02 PM
you'll eat what they tell you to eat, go to the doctor they tell you to go to, receive the care they decide you deserve, and put you in jail if you don't play along.

the good news is only twelve months to go before we fundamentally change congress.

price
11-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Fundamentally change Congress? Are you kidding?

Both sides laugh at us. We are nothing more than pawns in their little game. I would never celebrate a "D" or "R" winning anything. I know both parties hate the common man and work night and day to screw us over in favor of the campaign contribution class.

Bitter? You bet
Cling to Guns and Religion? sure thing!

I am the guy they make jokes about at their little fund raising parties and I hate them all.

Boris
11-06-2009, 09:00 PM
The collection of fines from those that do not comply is an integral part of the plan. In fact, more than 100% of the "deficit reduction" this bill produces is from fines.

$104 in federal deficit reductions
$167 in fines collected from individuals and businesses

Thats from the CBO. Here's a pretty good article that talks to both sides of the issue. A little red meat for everyone.

http://www.bizjournals.com/extraedge/washingtonbureau/archive/2009/11/09/bureau1.html

To help pay for the bill, which would cost $1.05 trillion over 10 years, the legislation would impose a 5.4 percent tax surcharge on individuals with incomes of $500,000 or more (or $1 million for joint filers.) This surcharge would raise an estimated $461 billion over 10 years.

Although only a tiny percentage of small business owners would have to pay this new tax, it could hit many of the nation's most successful business owners -- the ones most likely to create new jobs. Most small businesses are structured as S corporations, partnerships or sole proprietorships, where company profits flow through to their owners, and are taxed as individual income.

Combine this surcharge with a likely increase in individual income tax rates for high earners, and some small business owners could face tax rates of around 45 percent -- 10 percent higher than the highest corporate tax rate.

"That's a pretty big bite," Rys said. "It's less money that they're going to have to operate the business."

ArlJim78
11-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Fundamentally change Congress? Are you kidding?

Both sides laugh at us. We are nothing more than pawns in their little game. I would never celebrate a "D" or "R" winning anything. I know both parties hate the common man and work night and day to screw us over in favor of the campaign contribution class.

Bitter? You bet
Cling to Guns and Religion? sure thing!

I am the guy they make jokes about at their little fund raising parties and I hate them all.
you hate them all, so you should also be in favor of a fundamental change to congress.

first of all democrats are corrupt statists, if you can't see the damage their agenda has inflicted you're blind. What did a Republican congress do to the country that compares to the hideous job killing, freedom usurping agenda of Reid/Pelosi/Obama? we'll be lucky if we survive this bunch with anything resembling a healthy private sector.

secondly, I said NOTHING about a party. I said we need to fundamentally change congress and I'd be perfectly happy with all incumbents thrown out regardless of party.

finfan
11-06-2009, 09:58 PM
I'd be perfectly happy with all incumbents thrown out regardless of party.

Agreed :ThmbUp:

price
11-06-2009, 10:17 PM
you hate them all, so you should also be in favor of a fundamental change to congress.

first of all democrats are corrupt statists, if you can't see the damage their agenda has inflicted you're blind. What did a Republican congress do to the country that compares to the hideous job killing, freedom usurping agenda of Reid/Pelosi/Obama? we'll be lucky if we survive this bunch with anything resembling a healthy private sector.

secondly, I said NOTHING about a party. I said we need to fundamentally change congress and I'd be perfectly happy with all incumbents thrown out regardless of party.

As long as "D" and "R" incumbendts lose to non "D" and "R" candidates I will be thrilled. Otherwise it's a circle jerk.

Our private sector died the minute the ink on free trade/NAFTA dried. It was something that Clinton and Bush Sr fought for. The race to the bottom has been on ever since. The guys that fund campaigns celebrated at fancy parties while hoards of hard working folks were given their walking papers. I'm supposed to care about a bunch of fancy bankers and insurance speculators now? Let them rot. We should have let them fail or called them uncompetitive as they did to the working man back in the day. Of couse they get bailed out because they matter and we don't.

swami13
11-06-2009, 10:18 PM
That woman is just flat out weird, how she got in that position of power in this country scares the hell out me.

illinoisbred
11-06-2009, 10:21 PM
That woman is just flat out weird, how she got in that position of power in this country scares the hell out me.
I long for the day she returns to the 1 job she may be almost qualified for- housewife.

swami13
11-06-2009, 10:30 PM
How about waking up next to her every morning? :bang:

illinoisbred
11-06-2009, 10:33 PM
How about waking up next to her every morning? :bang:
Well, at least she'd be just her husbands nightmare and not ours.

bigmack
11-06-2009, 10:37 PM
I long for the day she returns to the 1 job she may be almost qualified for- housewife.
Here is her district
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/11_6_09_19_29_29.png

In office since '93 these are the margins she's won by:

82.5%
81.85%
84.4%
85.83%
84.5%
79.6%
83.0%
80.4%
71.7%

The reason she does what she does is because she has nothing to fear about being re-elected. The closest thing to a housewife in her district was in the last parade.

illinoisbred
11-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Can't that district be gerrymandered a little further west?

GameTheory
11-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Nobody said anything when "they" came for me. Where were the cries of freedom and choice when it came to

Using my sealtbelt
Smoking
DUI checkpoints
Insurance Checkpoints
Photo Radar
Red Light Cameras
Proof of Car InsuranceDon't forget the drug laws and victimless crimes. I was railing about all that stuff when I was a teenager. Those arguments were out there, just not heeded. In my younger days I guess I figured that are lawmakers cared about the constitution and about whether or not they had the authority to make such laws. But they don't care -- was there ever a time when they did?

illinoisbred
11-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Don't forget the drug laws and victimless crimes. I was railing about all that stuff when I was a teenager. Those arguments were out there, just not heeded. In my younger days I guess I figured that are lawmakers cared about the constitution and about whether or not they had the authority to make such laws. But they don't care -- was there ever a time when they did?
So much for the "loose constructionists". They've been really good at taking away our freedoms and liberties.

Dave Schwartz
11-06-2009, 11:22 PM

Price,

Yeah, tell it like it is!

Great post.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

finfan
11-06-2009, 11:35 PM
The reason she does what she does is because she has nothing to fear about being re-elected. The closest thing to a housewife in her district was in the last parade.

Serious question

Does anyone know the founders reasoning on giving the Speaker such power?

After all they have 'national' power but are only elected by 1/435th of the electorate.

Tom
11-07-2009, 12:01 AM
We need to end this government.
It is the real enemy to the people, and the only enemy.

mostpost
11-07-2009, 12:02 AM

A Using my sealtbelt
B Smoking
C DUI checkpoints
D Insurance Checkpoints
E Photo Radar
F Red Light Cameras
G Proof of Car Insurance

It won't be long until the day arrives where a fat ass like me cannot order a Large Pizza all for myself without paying a fine or facing jail. I work shifts...so I guess it wont be long until I need to have papers with me for driving through a bad area late at night.
By the letters:
A. Don't use it. Hopefully that will reduce the excess "stupid" population.
B. Your "right" to smoke ends where my nose begins.
C. I personally know someone who died because of a drunk driver, FOOL.
D. That's so I don't have to pay when you drive drunk and kill somebody.
E. Drive the speed limit.
F. Please explain your "Constitutional Right" to drive through Red Lights.
G. Same as "D"
You are off to a terrific start. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

price
11-07-2009, 12:57 AM
You don't get it most. I do not drink alcohol at all. I think that the cops should not be able to pull me over without some kind of suspicion. I have never had a traffic ticket of any kind..but when I get one I would at least want a human being to cite me. I have always had insurance including that extra thing that insures me against uninsured, but I do not like being stopped without any cause to "show my papers". As for your friend...I am sorry for your loss. If we are going to make policy on tragedies. What about stopping all cars coming in and out of public parks? For the chidren you know. As for smoking...I don't. However my office has no public access...we work alone and yet we cant smoke? Because big brother tells me so. If you desire a nanny state where the public is safe from tradegy I guess Cuba is about a good a place as any. I do not want to live in a police state...or a place that jails its citizens for not having insurance.

JustRalph
11-09-2009, 09:05 PM
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_110909/content/01125107.Par.63705.ImageFile.jpg

ddog
11-09-2009, 09:22 PM
this whole HC thing is a farce.

shut the country down if this is the best they can do.

STRIKE NOW.

don't send taxes don't buy anything beyond bare needs, STRIKE this gvt.

Bring it down.

start over.