PDA

View Full Version : Wow HDTV Coverage on ESPN

redshift1
11-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Wow, great camera coverage and stunning picture.

nearco
11-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Wow, great camera coverage and stunning picture.

The camera work is top notch. Somebody at ESPN must have watched coverage of the Arc, Melbourne Cup, and other big worldwide races. Gets you right into the action, not like you're watching from the other end of the parking lot.

joanied
11-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Commercial on....
I agree about the camera work...very nice...ESPN in HD...awesome...one thing...wish they'd post the complete order of finish :bang:

redshift1
11-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Commercial on....
I agree about the camera work...very nice...ESPN in HD...awesome...one thing...wish they'd post the complete order of finish :bang:

I didn't notice that I have my computer going as well... I did notice Biofuel getting knocked into the grandstand though.

joanied
11-06-2009, 06:14 PM
I didn't notice that I have my computer going as well... I did notice Biofuel getting knocked into the grandstand though.

My puter is right here...one window, one place...I'll look at the complete orders of finish later...
yeah, she really went sideways...coulda been a mess!

soupman2
11-06-2009, 09:51 PM

I had Biofuel straight and in an exacta with She Be Wild. I think she would have won that race. At least would have come in second. She was making up ground.

toussaud
11-06-2009, 09:52 PM
I had Biofuel straight and in an exacta with She Be Wild. I think she would have won that race. At least would have come in second. She was making up ground.

dude if i had biofuel i'd make a flight to arcadia just to visit the jock's room. you gotta be kidding me. that was scrwed up.

redshift1
11-06-2009, 10:47 PM

It looked purposeful but who knows I had her as well on a win ticket.

Valuist
11-07-2009, 12:21 AM
As for the camera work, once again way too many camera cuts. The overhead shots are good but the low level shots are a total waste.

redshift1
11-07-2009, 01:41 AM
As for the camera work, once again way too many camera cuts. The overhead shots are good but the low level shots are a total waste.

Clearly, the intent is for the general sports consumer and not for the handicappers who analyze the races. It was a nice break from HRTV and TVG.

rastajenk
11-07-2009, 09:18 AM
I especially liked the Randy Moss Dome shot while talking to Gomez after the Distaff, err, Ladies Classic. :D

wisconsin
11-07-2009, 11:04 AM

My biggest pet peeve is the side shot around the far turn, only showing the pan AFTER they are into the stretch. I find it hard to follow true movers when they keep changing the view around! :bang:

Stillriledup
11-07-2009, 01:42 PM
Anyone know who's showing the races live? Espn's coverage doesnt' come on for a few hours and tvg isn't showing races live and the feed is blacked out on youbet.

rastajenk
11-07-2009, 01:44 PM
A B C

Stillriledup
11-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Ty Ras.

FantasticDan
11-07-2009, 04:34 PM
I'd really love it if they could at least show replays of the stretch run. :ThmbDown: