PDA

View Full Version : Vote: Zenyatta Classic

tzipi
11-05-2009, 07:03 PM
So many threads. I just say we do a vote and a reasonings of your vote to get a better idea of what she might do or....bragging rights for posters. :D

tzipi
11-05-2009, 07:06 PM
OK my vote is Top 3 BUT 3rd being the best chance. I'm saying anywhere from 6th to 3rd place at best. No way a win.

bisket
11-05-2009, 07:21 PM
yup she'll most likely screw up any big return in an exotic

tzipi
11-05-2009, 07:31 PM
VOTING TOP 3 DOESN'T MEAN WIN. IT JUST MEANS 2ND OR RD.

again....

TOP 3 MEANS 2ND or 3RD.

Sorry I messed up their a bit but peoples explaination should be obvious what they think

bisket
11-05-2009, 08:02 PM
hey zip thats how i took it.

tzipi
11-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Yeah I mean no one who thinks she will win would vote Top 3 when it clearly has the option,SHE WILL WIN up there. I think everyone got it. Top 3 meaning 2nd and 3rd at best.

toussaud
11-05-2009, 10:35 PM
the more i look at this race the more I think she wins by default.

CBedo
11-05-2009, 10:41 PM
surprised the fair odds right now as set by the poll are 7/1. I haven't voted yet as I haven't finished my handicapping, but I promise I will NOT vote that she wins for sure.

tzipi
11-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Wow,only 5 out of 40 voters think she'll win it so far. thought there'd be more.

Zenyatta To Crush
11-06-2009, 12:22 AM
Boy there sure are a lot of Zenyatta doubters on this board. Just because she's never ran against this kind of competition, doesn't mean she can't. Many of these doubters probably didn't think Rachel had a shot against the boys either. I think the only things that get this mare beat are...Mike Smith giving her a horrible ride...or Rip Van Winkle running his career best with a great trip...and even THAT might not be good enough.

There will be people staying away from her 5/2 price but looking back after the race and she's 14 for 14, people will be wondering why they lost all that money trying to beat her.

To all those people who voted Zenyatta out of the money, I don't want you coming back on here saying you had her to win the whole time, because you didn't. If she finishes out of the money and with not many excuses, I'll be back on here to say I was wrong. I'll at least admit when I'm wrong.

BlueShoe
11-06-2009, 12:32 AM
Two go againsts favorites in the BC,the two Z's;Zenyatta and Zensational.

bks
11-06-2009, 01:38 AM
I voted for top 3. I will be very surprised if she misses the board. I think she has a 35-40% chance of winning, and will be using her liberally in the vertical exotics.

Horseplayersbet.com
11-06-2009, 07:46 AM
I can't see her making the board. Her numbers are slightly inferior and she has never gone the distance. She wouldn't have been a cinch in the Ladies Classic either.

Valuist
11-06-2009, 08:04 AM
I saw the most bizarre ad on TVG last night. They show some clips of Zenyatta. Then in big bold print the viewer sees:

BET ZENYATTA
GIRL POWER

Yes, I don't need anyone to tell me that TVG gets most of their revenues from account wagering. I understand that. What I don't understand is why they feel the need to editorialize and actually tell people who to bet. Let's see, you're urging the viewer to take a low price on a horse facing a bigger, much tougher field than she's ever faced, at a distance further than she's ever run, and due to her style, she figures to get a very wide trip.

If you are going to editorialize, why not try to sell the public on a live longshot? Sell the virtues of a 15-1 or 20-1; I would think that would stimulate more interest. The typical sports fan who follows racing on Derby day and maybe Belmont day if a Triple Crown is at stake likely doesn't know who Zenyatta is.

tzipi
11-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Boy there sure are a lot of Zenyatta doubters on this board. Just because she's never ran against this kind of competition, doesn't mean she can't. Many of these doubters probably didn't think Rachel had a shot against the boys either. I think the only things that get this mare beat are...Mike Smith giving her a horrible ride...or Rip Van Winkle running his career best with a great trip...and even THAT might not be good enough.

There will be people staying away from her 5/2 price but looking back after the race and she's 14 for 14, people will be wondering why they lost all that money trying to beat her.

To all those people who voted Zenyatta out of the money, I don't want you coming back on here saying you had her to win the whole time, because you didn't. If she finishes out of the money and with not many excuses, I'll be back on here to say I was wrong. I'll at least admit when I'm wrong.

Well most people did'nt write their opinion or vote like asked in the post so anyone claiming they voted one way or other after race is just B.S.'ing if they didn't write their vote down.

Anyway I don't like Zenyatta at all,not her,she's great,I just mean her chances. The barn has been nowhere to be seen against tougher competition or boys all season long and then picks this spot to run her?? I think it's a no lose situation for them and that's why. Think she runs 3rd at best. JMO

lamboguy
11-06-2009, 11:19 AM
i realise thar Z-lady's numbers and buyer numbers are a bit shy in this field. but when you break the race down other than rip van winkle you must ask yourself who really has the ability to beat a horse of the Z-lady's ability of synthetic surface. the 2 best us based 3yo colts, minethe bird and summer bird have never run on the synthetic surface, and neither have faced the calliber of compettion that Z-lady and rip van winkler have to offer in this race. many will attest to what happened last year with curlin when he ran out of gas at the end of the race. many would think that curlin would destroy the competion in this field on conventional dirt, many would argue that STEVE ASMUSSEN is a better trainer than whoever is in this race. one might think that if he couldn't get the job done, how will these guys. i tend to agree with that line of thinking.

toussaud
11-06-2009, 11:52 AM
i realise thar Z-lady's numbers and buyer numbers are a bit shy in this field. but when you break the race down other than rip van winkle you must ask yourself who really has the ability to beat a horse of the Z-lady's ability of synthetic surface. the 2 best us based 3yo colts, minethe bird and summer bird have never run on the synthetic surface, and neither have faced the calliber of compettion that Z-lady and rip van winkler have to offer in this race. many will attest to what happened last year with curlin when he ran out of gas at the end of the race. many would think that curlin would destroy the competion in this field on conventional dirt, many would argue that STEVE ASMUSSEN is a better trainer than whoever is in this race. one might think that if he couldn't get the job done, how will these guys. i tend to agree with that line of thinking.

you get it.

that's why i said she would win by default.

at first it was like she will lose, she will lose she's running in tougher fields now ,etc

but when you look at it, and if you give her the credit she deserves, is there REAlly A HORSE IN THE RACE that can run a sub 2:01 10F race on the pro ride?

if enstein, richards kid or mine that bird do it it's something that they have never done before

summer bird hated the track so much as a 2YO he went to oaklawn

quality road is out there on apace maker.

Rip van winkle could take to it.. but aiden o'brien is 0 for his last 23 in breeders cup races

you really have to look hard at zenyatta here.

lamboguy
11-06-2009, 12:23 PM
aiden is offferrrr, but he has big shots today!

ZENYATTA chances lie in the cup that is half empty instead of half full. she got a gaint shot to pullthis off.

46zilzal
11-06-2009, 12:41 PM
FUNNY stuff. The one thing I took to heart in all of CJ's posts was that SLOW EARLY PACE LINES DO NOT WORK.....I had forgotten this, as energy distribution wise, fields sent out with easy fractions have a ton of energy left late.

LOOK at all her races this year. EVERYONE knows that to beat a deep closer, WALK out the first 3/4 of the race so you can come again when that big move comes calling. THAT is what skews the numbers in her races this year. Go back to lines 6 and 7 where she met some strong early fractions and she STILL MOVED ON THEM.

We have not seen her best races this year.

toussaud
11-06-2009, 12:59 PM
let me put it this way

if she runs her best.. if she runs like she did in last year's ladies classic, where she ran 1:46 and 3, she will win this race.

if she's off at all, she won't.

joanied
11-06-2009, 01:11 PM
I voted and I am in the minority with this...
Zenyatta to win
:jump: :jump: :jump:

Steve R
11-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Why doesn't it matter that Zenyatta hasn't broken a 100 BRIS figure on the AWS all year but Colonel John, Richard's Kid and Einstein all have? From what I can tell, the pace characteristics of Zenyatta's races are not significantly different from those of the others. I don't see anything unusual in her patterns other than being about two or three lengths slower than last year.

lamboguy
11-06-2009, 04:01 PM
the "value"m 2 5-2 on ZENYATTA is disintegrating swifty these days. she is currently even money in the early wagering. that is why we need betfair if you are swift enoght to pick up on these huge overlay's

tzipi
11-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Now after looking at the race more,I will say 4th or 5th. Even money is crazy IMO.

Harvey Pack:"NEVER BET A HORSE DOING SOMETHING IT HASN'T DONE BEFORE"

toussaud
11-06-2009, 09:33 PM
there is no way in hell barring injury 4 horses in this race are going to finish ahdead of zenyatta.

zenyatta on top, richards kid and einstein in the second slot of my extaca ticket. I ton't think thisi s really a money making race

tzipi
11-06-2009, 09:49 PM
there is no way in hell barring injury 4 horses in this race are going to finish ahdead of zenyatta.

zenyatta on top, richards kid and einstein in the second slot of my extaca ticket. I ton't think thisi s really a money making race

Hey,if you want to bet Zenyatta to beat this field at THOSE ODDS after just the races she run and at the Beyers she's run(97,99), woo go right ahead. Everyone is allowed to do what they want. JMO

toussaud
11-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Hey,if you want to bet Zenyatta to beat this field at THOSE ODDS after just the races she run and at the Beyers she's run(97,99), woo go right ahead. Everyone is allowed to do what they want. JMO
i did not even say she was going to win.

there is a fine line between being a handicapper and being a realist.

I can be a realist by undrestanding that big z is one of the better horses in the race, with a sifnifiant home field advantage and not tossing her off myt icket, but be a value player and say that a richard's kid, a gio ponti or so can outfinish her.

tossing her off the entire ticket is wreckless. you are actually throwing away your good handicapping by saying hey she might get beat, by tossing all cauction to the wind and saying she doesnt' have a chance to hit the board

say you are right and she doesn't win. it's richards kid, it's einstien and it's zenyatta in that order

and you ahd the first two, how stupid do you look for being right but at the same time, being wrckless?

there is just no jusitifcation to keep her OFF the ticket is what i'm saying. at least cover your bases to let yourself cash a check

Hank
11-06-2009, 10:03 PM

What a stand up guy!:rolleyes:

rastajenk
11-06-2009, 10:27 PM
Some sort of weird, inverse redboarding.

I guess.

lamboguy
11-07-2009, 12:02 AM
i am not betting her at even money even though i rate her chances in this race as pretty high. i always look at the possibility that i am wrong as to why her buyer numbers are not as good as others in this race. i respect numbers but am not afraid to go against them. at even money this is not a great risk reward senario, at 5-2 its stealing.

on balance she should whip this field to smitherines. the race sets up perfectly for her because someone is going get a big lead and force the other horses to chase the leader. those guys are all going to get tired and she will walk right by them like they are standing still

bks
11-07-2009, 12:12 AM

tzipi, I think I see the problem here. You seem to think these speed figures are an indication of how fast she can run these days.

They're not.

Judge Gallivan
11-07-2009, 06:23 AM
Life Is Sweet in the Distaff - 107 BSF

lamboguy
11-07-2009, 07:00 AM
Hey,if you want to bet Zenyatta to beat this field at THOSE ODDS after just the races she run and at the Beyers she's run(97,99), woo go right ahead. Everyone is allowed to do what they want. JMOafter 40 years at this, i think i better learn your handicapping methods real soon before i go completely broke.

Horseplayersbet.com
11-07-2009, 09:32 AM
5 out of 27 Thoroughbred Bloggers Alliance members think Zenyatta will win:
http://tbablogs.com/BCPicks.php

toussaud
11-07-2009, 09:35 AM
5 out of 27 Thoroughbred Bloggers Alliance members think Zenyatta will win:
http://tbablogs.com/BCPicks.php
not one pick for richard's kid or einstien, horses that are proven over the surface which at this BC is a good thing to have.

Horseplayersbet.com
11-07-2009, 10:09 AM
not one pick for richard's kid or einstien, horses that are proven over the surface which at this BC is a good thing to have.
What are you talking about? 5 bloggers pick Einstein.

my_nameaintearl
11-07-2009, 10:14 AM
I like Einstein Ive been watching this horse. Hopefully get a good pay day out of it

toussaud
11-07-2009, 10:40 AM
What are you talking about? 5 bloggers pick Einstein.

still hung over. sorry

CBedo
11-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Once again, I let my emotions get in the way of my handicapping. When I started handicapping the Classic, my assumption was that Zenyatta would run out, but after handicapping the race, I think she has a chance to get in the money. I still don't think she will win, but she has a shot to screw up the exotic pays!

jognlope
11-07-2009, 05:38 PM
Summer Bird, Rip Van Winkle, Quality road.

toussaud
11-07-2009, 05:40 PM
win: Zenyatta
Place: richard's kid, Gio Ponti
Show: Richard's Kid, Gio Ponti, Einstien
4th: Richard's Kid, Gio Ponti, Einstien, Twice Over, Awesome Gem, Quality Road

tzipi
11-07-2009, 05:57 PM
AND HERE COMES MINE THAT BIRD,THE FORGOTTEN KENTUCKY DERBY WINNER,TO WIN!!!!

The Ferdinand call from the Breeders Cup.

ArlJim78
11-07-2009, 06:17 PM
I don't think she'll win, perhaps a slice at best.

I went with Twice Over, he looks sharp.

jognlope
11-07-2009, 06:33 PM
After watching her, Zenyatta first! Richard's Kid in there, likes surface

tzipi
11-07-2009, 06:59 PM
GOD BLESS HER! Great Race Zen. Ya beat me :D

jognlope
11-07-2009, 07:00 PM
OH MY GOD!!!!! She deserves a nice rest. What a phenom!!!!

DJofSD
11-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Take that, all of you doubters, take that!

Tom
11-07-2009, 07:02 PM
She had no shot.
She was boxed, too far back.
No shot at all.

Right. :eek:

lamboguy
GOD BLESS HER! Great Race Zen. Ya beat me :Dshe ran exactly as advertised, one of the bigest overlay's in the history of horseracing

tzipi
DON'T BE CLAMING YOU HAD ZENYATTA IN THIS POOL IF YOU DIDN'T WRITE DOWN YOUR VOTE,LIK IT WAS CLEARLY ASKED IN THE OP.

tzipi
11-07-2009, 07:05 PM
she ran exactly as advertised, one of the bigest overlay's in the history of horseracing

5-2 in that field. Would'nt say greatest overlay on history. 5-2 no way. GREAT RACE THOUGH ZENYATTA. PROUD OF YOU!

lamboguy
11-07-2009, 07:05 PM
DON'T BE CLAMING YOU HAD ZENYATTA IN THIS POOL IF YOU DIDN'T WRITE DOWN YOUR VOTE,LIK IT WAS CLEARLY ASKED IN THE OP.i'm not claiming nothing, i voted in the stupid pole and gave my reasons, and that's how the race came down. i only bet a lousy $300 on her and had a $50 exacta

tzipi
11-07-2009, 07:08 PM
i'm not claiming nothing, i voted in the stupid pole and gave my reasons, and that's how the race came down. i only bet a lousy $300 on her and had a $50 exacta

LAMBO you're good,you were one person here saying your opinion on her big time. Good job. Congrats!

That comment about writting down your vote def wasn't for you.

toussaud
11-07-2009, 07:10 PM
my pick is about 5 posts above had the exacta

tzipi
11-07-2009, 07:12 PM
my pick is about 5 posts above had the exacta

Nice call also. Congrats too :jump: '

You guys did great!

lamboguy
11-07-2009, 07:18 PM
ZENYATTA was 13-0 going into this race. she knew this surface better than any other horse in the field. the american 3 yo again were a weak crop headed by summerbird and mine that bird. the only horse that had any chance to beat her rip van winkle was not at his best all week. put that all together and ask yourself is a $7.00 ticket bad for a horse with the resume of ZENYATTA. i honesty thought she was going to be under even money.

i knew something about funnycide going into the kentucky derby and they let him go off @ $28. ZENYATTA was a bigger overlay to me.

tzipi
11-07-2009, 07:24 PM
ZENYATTA was 13-0 going into this race. she knew this surface better than any other horse in the field. the american 3 yo again were a weak crop headed by summerbird and mine that bird. the only horse that had any chance to beat her rip van winkle was not at his best all week. put that all together and ask yourself is a $7.00 ticket bad for a horse with the resume of ZENYATTA. i honesty thought she was going to be under even money.

i knew something about funnycide going into the kentucky derby and they let him go off @ $28. ZENYATTA was a bigger overlay to me.

Won't argue with ya. Good call on Zen. I had FunnyCide too! Could'nt believe his odds after almost beating Empire race before. Crazy

Zenyatta To Crush
11-07-2009, 08:26 PM
What a stand up guy!:rolleyes:
All I was saying was that many people argue a point strongly and then never admit that they were wrong. I think I was dead on with my prediction this time. She's a pretty awesome horse. Probably won't see one like her in awhile.

lamboguy
11-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Won't argue with ya. Good call on Zen. I had FunnyCide too! Could'nt believe his odds after almost beating Empire race before. Crazyi didn't bet him and i was as close to that guy as one could be, i bet on empire maker to show because i saw him beat funnycide in the wood live. i could never bet against empire maker from what i saw and the way he trained going into the derby, not that funnycide didn't train awesome either.

lamboguy
11-07-2009, 08:37 PM
All I was saying was that many people argue a point strongly and then never admit that they were wrong. I think I was dead on with my prediction this time. She's a pretty awesome horse. Probably won't see one like her in awhile.good call today, i am sure you must be one of the happiest persons in america today. i am very happy for you the mare put tears in my eyes as well today.

Niko
11-07-2009, 11:40 PM
I was one that said she wouldn't win and would struggle in this race based on this years figs versus last, something that's served me well over time beating short priced horses in big races. I didn't think she visually looked as good this year in her races as last either. Her late pace figs were still very high though.

Even though it cost me money with Gio I was happy for her. Great race and great filly.....and great for horse racing

And let's give credit to Mike Smith for the ride he gave her....

Zenyatta To Crush
11-08-2009, 01:12 AM
good call today, i am sure you must be one of the happiest persons in america today. i am very happy for you the mare put tears in my eyes as well today.
Thanks! Yes, this was a very happy day for me too. Its very rare that we get to see a special mare like this. I also got her at 10/1 to win the Classic a few months back so I finally won some money. Her connections had previously mentioned that they may run her again early next year so I hope they do. If not, I guess we've seen the last race from one of the best horses of all time.