PDA

View Full Version : Reasons to Hope Rip Van Winkle Wins the BC Classic

Steve R
11-05-2009, 04:20 PM
He's the best individual and, more important, he is running drug free. Same for Mastercraftsman in the Dirt Mile. And Lillie Langtry in the Juvenile Fillies Turf, Viscount Nelson in the Juvenile Turf, Fleeting Spirit in the Sprint and both Beethoven and Alfred Nobel in the Juvenile. I may have missed some, but I'll be rooting for all of these and any others competing without race day medication.

nearco
11-05-2009, 04:24 PM
He's the best individual and, more important, he is running drug free. Same for Mastercraftsman in the Dirt Mile. And Lillie Langtry in the Juvenile Fillies Turf, Viscount Nelson in the Juvenile Turf, Fleeting Spirit in the Sprint and both Beethoven and Alfred Nobel in the Juvenile. I may have missed some, but I'll be rooting for all of these and any others competing without race day medication.

He will be running without Lasix. But O'Brien never said anything about not running on Bute. Given RVW's foot issues, he might be tempted to give him a dose.

WinterTriangle
11-05-2009, 06:50 PM
I'll be rooting for all of these and any others competing without race day medication.

100% kudos to ya, I agree, as I've said in other posts, it take *everybody* including the bettors to just say no to the drugging thing in racing.