PDA

View Full Version : Shane Sellers

GaryG
11-04-2009, 06:46 PM
SS has won with 26% of 204 mounts since coming back from retirement. Will be riding 1st call for Asmussen at FG. Bonne chance Shane!

bushwick
11-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Is Bridgemohan not coming?

illinoisbred
11-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Is Bridgemohan not coming?
He probably will after Churchill closes.

illinoisbred
11-04-2009, 09:25 PM
SS has won with 26% of 204 mounts since coming back from retirement. Will be riding 1st call for Asmussen at FG. Bonne chance Shane!
In his prime he was as good as it gets. His temper is his only nemesis. I've never seen a jockey kick more walls, throw more helmets,and publically curse/swear as much as Shane.

Run Nicholas Run
11-04-2009, 11:08 PM
In his prime he was as good as it gets. His temper is his only nemesis. I've never seen a jockey kick more walls, throw more helmets,and publically curse/swear as much as Shane.

you must not have ever seen Nicky Santagata.

joanied
11-05-2009, 10:27 AM
I hope Shane can keep it together this time...he's too good a rider to throw it all away again...it's a tough road he's on...but maybe, finally, he'll steer a straight course:ThmbUp:

illinoisbred
11-05-2009, 10:49 AM
I hope Shane can keep it together this time...he's too good a rider to throw it all away again...it's a tough road he's on...but maybe, finally, he'll steer a straight course:ThmbUp:
I don't think he threw it away. He took a very strong stand regarding disability/workman's comp. issues and decided not to ride until some agreement could be reached between racing associations and the jockey guild. During his hiatus he launched a country/western singing career. I don't know if he's still pursuing that.

GaryG
11-05-2009, 10:57 AM
He had a song called Matthew, Mark Luke and Earnhardt......and another called Red Beans and Rice. Gotta love it!