PDA

View Full Version : Oaktree sectional times

gm10
11-03-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm comparing them with last year, and it is very interesting!!!

All distances (poly) are slower this time, but the whole difference is accounted for by the first four furlongs. The rest of the race is just as quick for every distance.

Looks like the jockey's are slowing it down.

cj
11-03-2009, 11:32 PM
This is exactly why I said speed is winning more. The jockeys have adjusted to the demands of the track. When millions of dollars are on the line, I wouldn't count on them being able to get away with crawling on the front.

gm10
11-03-2009, 11:58 PM
This is exactly why I said speed is winning more. The jockeys have adjusted to the demands of the track. When millions of dollars are on the line, I wouldn't count on them being able to get away with crawling on the front.

That's impossible to predict imo. They will remember last year, too. They do no want to look stupid by setting the pace and being overtaken after 3/4 of the race.

I also think that the pace is still too quick in the sprints. Closers are winning a lot of sprints.

cj
11-04-2009, 09:47 AM
That's impossible to predict imo. They will remember last year, too. They do no want to look stupid by setting the pace and being overtaken after 3/4 of the race.

I also think that the pace is still too quick in the sprints. Closers are winning a lot of sprints.

Of course any prediction is not a guarantee, but I've been around enough BCs to know what happens when the gate springs and you have a bunch of jockeys trying to win huge purses. At least a couple will usually get impatient.

RichieP
11-04-2009, 11:25 AM
Of course any prediction is not a guarantee, but I've been around enough BCs to know what happens when the gate springs and you have a bunch of jockeys trying to win huge purses. At least a couple will usually get impatient.

Also add to this the trainers who are there entertaining owners. They know there horse might have little/no chance and they instruct the jock to let the horse run early at least giving the owners a bit of a show.

There will be plenty of pace on.

"Hat" Bradshaw told me this and for 2 years at the really big races (Derby,Breeders etc) it has come to pass.

Best of luck:)

CBedo
11-04-2009, 01:22 PM
They will remember last year, too. They do no want to look stupid by setting the pace and being overtaken after 3/4 of the race.I think you are giving jockeys way too much credit!