PDA

View Full Version : Supervisor

LutherCalvin
06-05-2003, 09:15 AM
Why is this horse in the Belmont Stakes? Two wins in fifteen starts. It took him five starts to break his maiden. He had difficulty beating maiden claimers and his only victory was against $25k claimers. His highest Beyer is 89. He finished 3rd in only one of three graded races and that one had only six starters. This colt is destined for last place place in the Belmont. Is Supervisor running only for bragging rights of the owner?

JustRalph
06-05-2003, 01:05 PM
I read an article in somewhere that said his owners are from the Belmont area and they wanted owners seats for their family.

Boris
06-05-2003, 08:14 PM
If he beats one horse, he'll make $30,000, and twice that if he beats 2. Given the way they were dropping out, I think entering the horse was a smart thing. One of the high priced horseys gets wrapped up early and he'll earn his keep. He does show that he can close some ground in the stretch. I'll actually spend a few bucks on him if he looks the part in the post parade keyed in the bottom of the tri.

Bubbles
06-06-2003, 03:07 PM
I have him running third on an off-track. In his last start, he closed for third, and NOBODY was catching the winner. 'Visor was nearly second in that one (just 3/4 lengths back), and he can close a bit; could be a bomb if it rains.

PaceAdvantage
06-06-2003, 03:24 PM
I have him running second....he will definitely be in my exactas and trifectas.....

I'm going for my own Triple Crown...I've had the exacta in both the Derby and Preakness....if I hit the crown, it will be a first for me...LOL

Figman
06-06-2003, 03:38 PM
SUPERVISOR certainly has more credentials to belong in the Belmont than MIGHTY SAVIOUR does to even compete in the second race at Belmont Saturday. This definately looks like a case for owner and trainer of MIGHTY SAVIOUR to get gratis accomodations for the Stakes day. This horse has gone off at 83-1 or higher in four of its last five starts and has been beaten by better than 137 lengths over its past 5 races....and all these races were at Suffolk Downs!

JustRalph
06-06-2003, 04:35 PM
I have him about 8-10 back and in last place..........but he has to be on a ticket to make any money in the race.....

WINMANWIN
06-06-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by LutherCalvin
Why is this horse in the Belmont Stakes? Two wins in fifteen starts. It took him five starts to break his maiden. He had difficulty beating maiden claimers and his only victory was against $25k claimers. His highest Beyer is 89. He finished 3rd in only one of three graded races and that one had only six starters. This colt is destined for last place place in the Belmont. Is Supervisor running only for bragging rights of the owner?

He's in because he BEAT FUNNY CIDE IN THE HOLY BULL and
ran O.K. in that race.Granted, Funny broke from the 13th hole
and had trouble. In case you haven't gone back some races.
Why not enter him, The field IS ONLY 6 DEEP.

PaceAdvantage
06-06-2003, 08:32 PM
Let's see....

Scrimshaw might be done....Dynever was training with a funky shoe the last week or two, or so I heard....Ten Most Wanted could easily throw in a terrible race, Funny Cide and Empire Maker are the two most likely winners....

If Supervisor finishes third, which he could EASILY do, I think everyone connected will be more than happy....

Plus, if EM or FC collapses in the stretch, then Supervisor can easily finish 2nd....

Like I said, this is a very special race.....3yos going 1 1/2 miles....strange things can and have happened....

If you're looking for a price for the bottom of your tickets, look no further than Supervisor....

linrom1
06-06-2003, 09:42 PM
This horse will benefit from the added distance. I bet he'll love the Belmont strip too, and he looks like he ready to run his top race.

3Sx4D to Damascus wow!

JustRalph
06-07-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by linrom1
This horse will benefit from the added distance. I bet he'll love the Belmont strip too, and he looks like he ready to run his top race. 3Sx4D to Damascus wow!

I don't think closers benefit from added distance.... maybe from 5F to 6F but nothing beyond. Anybody want to explain to me why closers should benefit at 1.5 miles? The pace will be slower up front........

Larry Hamilton
06-07-2003, 10:27 AM
I have Supervisor winning the 12th race by a nose, maybe the 13th, if he can dodge the speedy tractors

linrom1
06-07-2003, 11:19 AM
It's not an issue of a closer benefiting from longer distance,. This horse should be able to handle the distance, it's all over his pedigree. Besides, I don't think that JR and his agent decided that JR needs 1 1/2m work out. And of course, Linda Rice is just a stupid , as well as the owners. BTW, Supervisor is a homebred.

JustRalph
06-07-2003, 07:53 PM
So he finishes 25 off the lead and of course the weather was probably a factor for all of the horses. But I still need to see something more than pedigree for distance before I think he can do the distance.

You know, Pete Rose Jr. should have the best pedigree in the world for hitting a baseball. I don't know about his dosage index and his dam's side........but he never stayed in the Majors more than about a month. He did pretty well in the minors but couldn't make the jump to the majors. I would say that Supervisor has the same problem. He was trying to jump to the majors. Anybody who put money on him being in the money found that out today. He shouldn't have been there.

rastajenk
06-07-2003, 08:46 PM
Ditto that for Dyna-never.