PDA

View Full Version : Chicklets !?

cj's dad
11-02-2009, 12:22 PM
Chicklets is the only name I can refer to ??

They were used by Woodbine until recently and I believe in use also at Keeneland last fall - '08.

I found the usage at Woodbine to be helpful during the running of the race and very accurate as to final positioning.

What happened to them ? Anyone ?

Quagmire
11-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Thats the Trakus system and I believe Woodbine and Keeneland are the only tracks that use it. http://www.trakus.com/portal.asp

BillW
11-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Chicklets is the only name I can refer to ??

They were used by Woodbine until recently and I believe in use also at Keeneland last fall - '08.

I found the usage at Woodbine to be helpful during the running of the race and very accurate as to final positioning.

What happened to them ? Anyone ?

They were up on the on-track video all this meet at Keeneland. Where are you watching? I would guess it is their choice as to what feed they use.

cj's dad
11-02-2009, 12:34 PM
They were up on the on-track video all this meet at Keeneland. Where are you watching? I would guess it is their choice as to what feed they use.

Boy am I gonna regret this answer; TVG ! :faint:

Tom
11-02-2009, 12:37 PM
Of course the went away - they were a good idea! :rolleyes:

toetoe
11-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Chicklet

That's like Gidget, right ?

johnhannibalsmith
11-02-2009, 01:25 PM
I wondered about this earlier when wathing Woodbine and figured that it must be an propietary right issue regarding Trakkus and whether or not KEE/WOO had the right to dissemenate the product to a 3rd party that made revenue from it.

But, I just assume lawyers are behind everything that suddenly sucks one day.

BlueShoe
11-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Chicklets?Arent those the little pieces of gum that come about 10 or 12 to the box?Used to chew them when I was a kid.

toetoe
11-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Chicklets?Arent those the little pieces of gum that come about 10 or 12 to the box?Used to chew them when I was a kid.

Just thinking about 'em makes me, um, disseminate. :blush: .

CBedo
11-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Thats the Trakus system and I believe Woodbine and Keeneland are the only tracks that use it. http://www.trakus.com/portal.aspDel Mar has Trakus as well.

LottaKash
11-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Mohawk an Woodbine raceways use them for the Harness as well...I find them so mesmerizing, almost hypnotic in fact....At night when it is hard to see the entire field of view, especially in the darkness and shadows when the horse numbers are obscure, I watch the "chicklets" almost exclusively....It helps to keep track of several or many horses thruout the running of the race....They appear to very acccurate as well, in fact, if a horse deviates inwardly or out from the rail, even minimally, it is reflected to boot....Later on, I will watch the replays to catch any little nuances that I may have missed while watching those sweet little chicklets....I like em a lot and, I think that all the tracks should implement something along those lines, as I miss them when absent at other tracks....I sure would like to see the up to the minute odds included in those chicklets, as well.....:jump:

best,

DJofSD
11-02-2009, 03:35 PM
You can buy them from any independent distributor in Tijuana, BC.

fmolf
11-02-2009, 06:00 PM
made by adams gum company in queens, ny....also made the delicious flavors of teaberry, clove and pepsin gums!

cj's dad
11-02-2009, 07:29 PM
I like chicklets much better than Trakus- chcklets has more pizzazz !!

Thanx for the input/satire !!

the_fat_man
11-02-2009, 07:48 PM
WO makes the best use of them. Once you get accustomed to watching their races, you develop a low tolerance for the rest of the BS out there.

KEE was doing real well too, until this year ,when they decided to follow Southern CAL tracks and give us the full color spectrum with a white backround for the numbers (in other words, you can't read the shit) AND reduce the font to the point where you can't make out the numbers (even if they hadn't screwed up the color). Unreadable numbers are not much better than NO numbers. Guess they figured there was no need to spend the money to test the changes before going with them.

BlueShoe
11-02-2009, 10:07 PM
You can buy them from any independent distributor in Tijuana, BC.
Ah,Nostalgia!---San Diego.U.S. Navy.Underage drinking trips south of the Border.Street urchins selling--Chiclets.How long ago that was.