PDA

View Full Version : Why Zensational Won't Win the Sprint

paceman
11-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Zensational is emerging as a lock Pick 6 single by many, but let's not be too hasty to crown him Sprint champion. Look carefully at pace figures and you'll see that Zensational will be forced to run much faster early than in any prior race he has run. Read more at http://bit.ly/3tvGS5

exiles
11-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Zensational is emerging as a lock Pick 6 single by many, but let's not be too hasty to crown him Sprint champion. Look carefully at pace figures and you'll see that Zensational will be forced to run much faster early than in any prior race he has run. Read more at http://bit.ly/3tvGS5

BRIS PACE FIGURES:lol:

WinterTriangle
11-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Zensational is emerging as a lock Pick 6 single by many

I have a few strikes against him myself. One being that horses he is running against have run against better..there are others. He is not my win choice.

Space Monkey
11-01-2009, 05:39 PM
I agree with WT. Last 2 grade 1 wins at dmr were against fields of 5 with moderate ability. I'll be looking elsewhere. Wide open race that should offer great wagering opportunities.

toetoe
11-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Nice video links. Very handy. :ThmbUp:

the_fat_man
11-01-2009, 05:45 PM
I haven't looked at the field

HOWEVER

I don't believe that Hollywood Hit (drugs induced freak) is in the race

so, who exactly is supposed to be a killer?

Space Monkey
11-01-2009, 06:45 PM
Zensational is emerging as a lock Pick 6 single by many,

Every year there's at least one of these. People trying to latch on to singles in the pick 6. Every year most of them fail. I'm not saying that Z2 can't win, but hes no single. Too tough a field.

Robert Fischer
11-01-2009, 08:54 PM
clearly he is talented, baffert eases doubts about ability to handle east coast comp.

It looks like you will really need to see an opposing setup materializing and maybe also a closer friendly track. Have to learn more about the field and track.

Bochall
11-01-2009, 09:33 PM
I think if Gayego brings his game he will be tough to deny.

Robert Fischer
11-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Every year there's at least one of these. People trying to latch on to singles in the pick 6. Every year most of them fail. I'm not saying that Z2 can't win, but hes no single. Too tough a field.

i guess it depends who is naming the singles. the only two i can really remember from last year was stardom bound and zenyatta(and both won easily), but some people thought horses like curlin or indian blessing were singles...

toussaud
11-01-2009, 09:51 PM
everyone keeps sleeping on fatal bullet and he's done absolutly nothing wrong.
if not for a freakish performane by lute last year he'd be going for a repeat.

garyscpa
11-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Going with Fleeting Spirit here. One Group 1 win and 3 Group 1 seconds this year.

MAGICHORSEMAN
11-01-2009, 11:15 PM
I will also select a horse in a breeder's cup race next week and come up with a statement saying that it will not win. Of course I will have a 13/14 chance of being right. Then some will say I am a great handicapper!

CBedo
11-01-2009, 11:48 PM
I will also select a horse in a breeder's cup race next week and come up with a statement saying that it will not win. Of course I will have a 13/14 chance of being right. Then some will say I am a great handicapper!If you pick one to lose that takes as much money as Zensational, I'll give you some credit maybe. You don't think there is any value in eliminating a possible heavily bet entry?

WinterTriangle
11-02-2009, 12:21 AM
Going with Fleeting Spirit here. One Group 1 win and 3 Group 1 seconds this year.

I threw him out. Last win was july, and before that was sometime in 2007? for me, what is his recent form, is it great? enough to overcome 2nd-itis? After shipping? also, mostly races at 5F and 6F (stamina?) ....

Dancing in Silks looks good to me, and a few others, Gayego, Capt, Fatal, etc. but not so much Fleeting or Zensational, JMHO. :)

Robert Fischer
11-02-2009, 02:02 AM
everyone keeps sleeping on fatal bullet and he's done absolutly nothing wrong.
if not for a freakish performane by lute last year he'd be going for a repeat.

I don't know if Fatal Bullet fired his big guns last out (excuse pun):rolleyes: in the Phoenix at Kee,
but capt. candyman arguably outperformed him coming off of the pace that held well and running a standout finish. Candyman isn't necessarily a horse I would even consider, so I don't know if that means that the Phoenix was just that weak... Either way I will look into candyman a little more thoroughly.

rokitman
11-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Gayego waltzed on by while chatting on his cell phone in the Ancient Title. How fast is he gonna be when he actually runs.

Fingal
11-02-2009, 11:49 AM
I agree with WT. Last 2 grade 1 wins at dmr were against fields of 5 with moderate ability. I'll be looking elsewhere. Wide open race that should offer great wagering opportunities.

He's going to be facing early pace pressure like he's never known before, & if he doesn't break well......... IMO his reputation caused some of his possible competition out here in S. Cal to look elsewhere.

WinterTriangle
11-02-2009, 12:05 PM
I don't know if Fatal Bullet fired his big guns last out (excuse pun):rolleyes: in the Phoenix at Kee,
but capt. candyman arguably outperformed him coming off of the pace that held well and running a standout finish. Candyman isn't necessarily a horse I would even consider, so I don't know if that means that the Phoenix was just that weak... Either way I will look into candyman a little more thoroughly.

Stats say no horse has ever won this off a keenland prep

BTW, is Kodiak still running in this? Seems like they keeep changing minds. Switch to Assmusen, but can he work magic with a horse who appears not to like synth? He sure is a solid runner though with nice speed.

toetoe
11-02-2009, 12:28 PM
As always, Kodiak Kid is my go-against.

If we find a presser that figures to get a perfect trip, we may have our winner. It's counterintuitive to picture this, but that "presser" may actually be Zensational or Fatal Bullet (or some other speedball), who, having failed to grab the lead, is nevertheless able to win from two or three lengths off.

Of course, the Godolphin version of Gayego is formidable indeed. :eek: .

toetoe
11-02-2009, 12:30 PM
He's going to be facing early pace pressure like he's never known before, & if he doesn't break well......... IMO his reputation caused some of his possible competition out here in S. Cal to look elsewhere.

Give him some respect. You make him sound like Zenyatta. :faint: .

Quagmire
11-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Stats say no horse has ever won this off a keenland prep

BTW, is Kodiak still running in this? Seems like they keeep changing minds. Switch to Assmusen, but can he work magic with a horse who appears not to like synth? He sure is a solid runner though with nice speed.

Kodiak Kowboy is out.

Robert Fischer
11-03-2009, 12:16 AM
Going with Fleeting Spirit here. One Group 1 win and 3 Group 1 seconds this year. he is very interesting.

Java Gold@TFT
11-03-2009, 05:23 AM
Zensational = Groovy

Robert Fischer
11-03-2009, 11:34 AM
she is very interesting.:)

WinterTriangle
11-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Just looked at Zensational's workout stuff. Screws fully tightened.

spiketoo
11-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Just looked at Zensational's workout stuff. Screws fully tightened.

Haven't seen most recent but gonna guess 46 or 47. Heck Baffy works his FTS as such.

plainolebill
11-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Last was 45 and change - under a stout hold. I wonder it they are trying to get him to rate? :lol: