PDA

View Full Version : Keeneland betting numbers up nicely!

RichieP
11-01-2009, 05:41 AM
Combined on track/off track numbers up 8.7%. Congrats to the team there as this is no easy feat in today's times.

I know "The Fat Man" did more than his fair share to boost them too! ;)

More here:
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/53233/on-track-down-simulcast-up-at-keeneland?source=rss

:ThmbUp:

fmolf
11-01-2009, 06:36 AM
Combined on track/off track numbers up 8.7%. Congrats to the team there as this is no easy feat in today's times.

I know "The Fat Man" did more than his fair share to boost them too! ;)

More here:
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/53233/on-track-down-simulcast-up-at-keeneland?source=rss

:ThmbUp:
their numbers were bolstered by of track wagering.I would guess that they had a lot of disgruntled california monies in the pool as well as money from other eastern tracks where the weather caused off the turf races and small fields.On track handle and attendance took a disturbing decline.

lamboguy
11-01-2009, 09:21 AM
the keeneland meet is an exciting meet. i noticed that a lot of no name trainers won during this meet, along with the bigger outfits. there were plenty of horses without backshoes that won. TVG did the best job ever in covering the meet. Donna Brothers did a superb job with all the insights she provided during the meet. maybe because it is only a 3 week meet more trainers are geared to get their horses ready for it. they benefit from higher purses in the bottom of the condition books. there were plenty of horses entered out of condition just to get a race into them. Saratoga had a great meet as well. both saratoga and keeneland have shorter meets than most, so i would say those are events.

when you look at winter racing in Aqueduct it is pretty boring with no one in the place.

fmolf
11-01-2009, 11:14 AM
the keeneland meet is an exciting meet. i noticed that a lot of no name trainers won during this meet, along with the bigger outfits. there were plenty of horses without backshoes that won. TVG did the best job ever in covering the meet. Donna Brothers did a superb job with all the insights she provided during the meet. maybe because it is only a 3 week meet more trainers are geared to get their horses ready for it. they benefit from higher purses in the bottom of the condition books. there were plenty of horses entered out of condition just to get a race into them. Saratoga had a great meet as well. both saratoga and keeneland have shorter meets than most, so i would say those are events.

when you look at winter racing in Aqueduct it is pretty boring with no one in the place.
Winter racing at aqueduct is prety dreary....only the diehards are there I still try to get their 2 or 3 times a month,even when the inner meet starts i usually do well with selective bets during this meet as i gear my play down and follow gulfstream as well.With a little tampa thrown in as well.