PDA

View Full Version : So, How is that Obama Working for you!

JustRalph
10-31-2009, 04:54 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6896797

From the Link:

"Last Halloween, many of us were working, giving our blood, sweat and tears to get the current Democratic domination of the House, the Senate and the White House. Barely less than a year ago, we voted en masse for change--real change--change we believed in. And we finally overcame the republican tricks and got the biggest treat of the last 30 years--victory. Sweeping victory. A real mandate. For the first time in 30 years, we had our once-in-a-generation opportunity to mold the future of this country in a positive way. We gave our all. For what?

We bought and paid for the full seven-course meal. What they are giving us is a moldy half-eaten Big Mac they scavenged from a dumpster. Better than starving, you say? Don't dare complain, because they and their blogosphere sock puppets will accuse you of being an idealistic ingrate. "

See the link:
Much more with some great comments............

I thought it would take much longer than this...... I am ecstatic :lol:

boxcar
10-31-2009, 05:37 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6896797

From the Link:

"Last Halloween, many of us were working, giving our blood, sweat and tears to get the current Democratic domination of the House, the Senate and the White House. Barely less than a year ago, we voted en masse for change--real change--change we believed in. And we finally overcame the republican tricks and got the biggest treat of the last 30 years--victory. Sweeping victory. A real mandate. For the first time in 30 years, we had our once-in-a-generation opportunity to mold the future of this country in a positive way. We gave our all. For what?

We bought and paid for the full seven-course meal. What they are giving us is a moldy half-eaten Big Mac they scavenged from a dumpster. Better than starving, you say? Don't dare complain, because they and their blogosphere sock puppets will accuse you of being an idealistic ingrate. "

See the link:
Much more with some great comments............

I thought it would take much longer than this...... I am ecstatic :lol:

I would dearly LOVE to know just what "change" did they fully believe in? What changes were these poor, misguided, deluded people SPECIFICALLY looking for that BO promised during his campaign? I wonder what changes they thought BO nailed down specifically for them during his campaign?

Any of you libs out there wanna humor me by taking a shot at answering these? I'm in the mood for a hearty laugh. :D

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
10-31-2009, 06:01 PM
I would dearly LOVE to know just what "change" did they fully believe in? What changes were these poor, misguided, deluded people SPECIFICALLY looking for that BO promised during his campaign? I wonder what changes they thought BO nailed down specifically for them during his campaign?

Any of you libs out there wanna humor me by taking a shot at answering these? I'm in the mood for a hearty laugh. :D

Boxcar

Ever hear of healthcare reform? It's all over the newspapers and TV.

Let me know when you start laughing. :rolleyes:

Show Me the Wire
10-31-2009, 06:08 PM

What you call reform, I call illegal subsidies for health insurance companies. I am not laughing, I am lamenting over the looting of the public.

boxcar
10-31-2009, 06:25 PM

Where and when during his campaign did he promise the takeover of the Health Care and/or Insurance Industries. Remember: I said SPECIFICS during his campaign, i.e. BEFORE anyone voted for him in case you still don't get it. :rolleyes: What SPECIFIC promises did he make during his campaign about health care "reform"? What did he tell us specifically, during his campaign, would CHANGE with respect to our personal health care? Show it to us. Link us to it.

Boxcar
P.S. Was this the only "change" he promised?

PaceAdvantage
10-31-2009, 07:17 PM
And we finally overcame the republican tricks That really made me laugh....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Republican tricks....lol....what a bunch of fools if that's all it took....:lol:

bigmack
10-31-2009, 07:47 PM
Letterman had an interesting bit on this last night

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/922.jpg

Java Gold@TFT
11-01-2009, 05:39 AM

When did health care change? I haven't seen one headline in the newspapers that said "Allelujiah, Health Care has Been Reformed!"

He's had 9 months and now has Dems lined up against him in the House and Senate. Change? Give me a link to the Bill that reformed health care that BO signed. I'll be waiting but not holding my breath.

rastajenk
11-01-2009, 07:06 AM
I guess many of those "idealistic ingrates" imagined or hoped for a great surge in bottom-up input into decision-making, the will of the people finally heard and acted upon; even if it takes torches and pitchforks, the numbers will be in their favor in taking down the existing corporate-lobbyist-political structure.

Or something like that. What they were blind to is that statist, central-committee type regimes don't take their direction from the mere pheasants, they just use them to gain access to the power needed to impose their will upon the masses. If I was an ardent Obama supporter a year ago, I'd feel abused, too. Or achingly stupid.

Valuist
11-01-2009, 08:17 AM
How about all those stimulus jobs created? All at a measly cost of $175,000 per job. Cash for clunkers? All at a cost of $24,000 per car......very efficient since many of the cars weren't worth 1/10th of that. Brilliant :rolleyes:

OntheRail
11-01-2009, 09:00 AM
How about all those stimulus jobs created? All at a measly cost of $175,000 per job. Cash for clunkers? All at a cost of $24,000 per car......very efficient since many of the cars weren't worth 1/10th of that. Brilliant :rolleyes:

Well the actual cost will be much hirer after we add Uncle Siam's interest.. :faint: . I was willing to give BO a fare chance after we loss :bang: . The No Lobbyist appointment reversal shot himself in the foot while it was still in his mouth :liar: . Yep another BS'er full of it... BO fitting cause he stinks on ice. :lol:

NJ Stinks
11-01-2009, 11:49 AM

When you are done rolling your eyes, Valuist, please share with us how much your 401(k) has decreased/increased percentage-wise since Obama signed the stimulus package in February.

Or are you trying to tell us that the cost of the Cash for Clunkers program and the cost of the jobs the stimulus may create are the most important barometers for you personally?

Same with you, Ontherail. How's your 401(k) doing since February? And thanks for giving Obama a fair shot. :D

Greyfox
11-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Letterman had an interesting bit on this last night

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/922.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :ThmbUp:

OntheRail
11-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Well NJ Stinks I'm worse off then I was 4 yrs ago... and have the feeling I'll be in an even worst spot in three years. And every time I make a buck the Garberment wants more of it.... leaving me with less. So yes I know I'll have less in the future... under BO and the Dem's. And with the Fed beating up the Dollar... or is that beating it down. To help the asshats at the expense of those who are responsible. :mad:

So I take it... when those rose colored glass get fuzzy your hoping Obuma's Heath care reform will buy you a new pair. :lol:

NJ Stinks
11-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Well NJ Stinks I'm worse off then I was 4 yrs ago... and have the feeling I'll be in an even worst spot in three years. And every time I make a buck the Garberment wants more of it.... leaving me with less. So yes I know I'll have less in the future... under BO and the Dem's. And with the Fed beating up the Dollar... or is that beating it down. To help the asshats at the expense of those who are responsible. :mad:

So I take it... when those rose colored glass get fuzzy your hoping Obuma's Heath care reform will buy you a new pair. :lol:

I had laser eye surgery a while back and paid for it myself. Imagine that. A liberal actually paying his own way. :sleeping:

Here's a newsflash: The longer the Bush tax cuts of 2002 and 2003 are in effect, the worse off you are going to be. How so? When the top earners aren't paying their fair share year after year, somebody else has to pick up the slack. Guess who.

Grits
11-01-2009, 01:54 PM
I had laser eye surgery a while back and paid for it myself. Imagine that. A liberal actually paying his own way. :sleeping:

No, this would be more like . . . . fat chance on your insurance provider paying for your ELECTIVE laser eye surgery because you don't want to wear your contact lenses or your glasses anymore.

Having it in the early 80s when it was first begun in this country, but before the advent of lasers it was "radial keratotomy", I paid for mine as well.;)

boxcar
11-01-2009, 05:55 PM

Here's a newsflash: The longer the Bush tax cuts of 2002 and 2003 are in effect, the worse off you are going to be. How so? When the top earners aren't paying their fair share year after year, somebody else has to pick up the slack. Guess who.

Ahh...here's another newsflash fer ya, Einstein: Those tax cuts were across the board, so when they end, everyone's taxes will increase. :rolleyes: Guess who pays, then? :bang: :bang:

Boxcar

Tom
11-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Boxcar, obviously you have forgotten.
Obama PROMISED that no one making under $250K a year would pay more taxes. Not one dime more. Right after he promised that all the health care debates would be open and public - on C Span. Totally open to the public.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: