PDA

View Full Version : Name a State Worse then California.

Igeteven
10-31-2009, 01:20 PM
Name a State Worse then California!

No doubt about it, California is the most corrupted State and the worse Horse racing on the planet.

I give will you my reasons why.

1. Track management considers the some horsemen and most players, the most disgusting people on earth. They think we are all stupid.

2. Plastic Tracks

3. Short Fields

4. Worse payouts in the world

5. Highest take out on the planet

6. Too many maiden’s claimers

7. Too many exotics bets,

8. King of the carryovers

9. Stewards’ don’t enforce the rules.

10. A California Horse Racing Commission, who listens too the track management and rubber stamps anything they want.

A. Conflict of interested with the Commissioners, also, half of them really don’t know horse racing and it shows. They are there only for show and some thing to do. Good old Bo, doesn't know a bet or the head of a horse if she had too!

11. The track selects Races and plan racing to make the pick six and the pick 4 harder, Again, Handicapping doesn't mean a thing anymore, just bet 12-1 on down.

So you see some of the problems, Please post some more or Name a State that is better or worse then California.

Good Luck

Greyfox
10-31-2009, 01:24 PM

California must be a terrible place. That's why millions of tourists go there and return there every year.

Igeteven
10-31-2009, 01:29 PM
I talking about horse racing, not Disneyland.

With that response, I see track management point.

twindouble
10-31-2009, 01:30 PM

No doubt about it, California is the most corrupted State and the worse Horse racing on the planet.

1. Track management considers the some horsemen and most players, the most disgusting people on earth. They think we are all stupid.

2. Plastic Tracks

3. Short Fields

10. A California Horse Racing Commission, who listens too the track management and rubber stamps anything they want.

A. Conflict of interested with the Commissioners, also, half of them really don’t know horse racing and it shows. They are there only for show and some thing to do. Good old Bo, doesn't know a bet or the head of a horse if she had too!

11. The track selects Races and plan racing to make the pick six and the pick 4 harder, Again, Handicapping doesn't mean a thing anymore, just bet 12-1 on down.

So you see some of the problems, Please post some more or Name a State that is better or worse then California.

Good Luck

Massachusetts; At least you have tracks to complain about, we are down to one track, Suffolk Downs. Without slots they will be going soon and it's highly questionable if they them. Plus they want to do away with dog tracks.

RichieP
10-31-2009, 01:46 PM
Hands down Arizona is much worse.

Insane takeouts
Blocking in state bettors from doing their thing at home

Help horse players everywhere by taking a stand and NOT wagering a single dollar at Tup,Yav etc

JustRalph
10-31-2009, 01:57 PM
Don't forget Starting Tomorrow, State Taxes go up 10%

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/10/31/california-takes-interest-free-loan-from-working-people/

Starting Sunday, cash-strapped California will dig deeper into the pocketbooks of wage earners — holding back 10% more than it already does in state income taxes just as the biggest shopping season of the year kicks into gear.

Technically, it’s not a tax increase, even though it may feel like one when your next paycheck arrives. As part of a bundle of budget patches adopted in the summer, the state is taking more money now in withholding, even though workers’ annual tax bills won’t change.

Think of it as a forced, interest-free loan: You’ll be repaid any extra withholding in April. Those who would receive a refund anyway will receive a larger one, and those who owe taxes will owe less.

But with rising gas costs, depressed home prices and double-digit unemployment, the state’s added reach into residents’ regular paycheck isn’t sitting well with many.

more at the link

It is supposed to a be a temp loan to the State............yea right..........

bigmack
10-31-2009, 02:00 PM
Highest take out on the planet
Wrong. Not even close.
http://www.sportsbettingacumen.com/horse-racing-track-takeout-chart.asp
Too many exotics bets:lol:
King of the carryovers
What a terrible thing that is.
A California Horse Racing Commission, who listens too the track management
Too should be to.
The track selects Races and plan racing to make the pick six and the pick 4 harder:lol:

Show Me the Wire
10-31-2009, 02:01 PM
Illinois.

Dave Schwartz
10-31-2009, 02:27 PM
Mack,

Although you are correct, be aware that the table you pointed us to has some mistakes. It is, by my guess, a very old table. It still shows CA at 15.43% in WPS and I believe that is at least 10 years old. As I recall, CA has made 2 jumps previously, to 15.53% and 15.63%.

Dave

BillW
10-31-2009, 02:31 PM
Mack,

Although you are correct, be aware that the table you pointed us to has some mistakes. It is, by my guess, a very old table. It still shows CA at 15.43% in WPS and I believe that is at least 10 years old. As I recall, CA has made 2 jumps previously, to 15.53% and 15.63%.

Dave

They're still at 15.43% as far as I know.

http://www.horseplayersassociation.org/hanatrackratingsbytrackname.html

fmolf
10-31-2009, 03:44 PM
the main reason california has gone in the tank is the fake stuff.A lot of trainers do not want to run on it,a lot of owners do not want to run their horses on it.the repercussions are that very few ship into california any longer.That in my opinion has created a domino type effect where races do not fill and handle decreases as a cause and effect and the whole racing scene spirals downward.I hate to beat a "dead horse" but i think if they do go back to dirt they can begin to climb out of the hole their in.Even having the breeders cup two years in a row has been a bust for them.I also think this years will be less successful than last years even,which would be disastrous but the breeders cup will get what they deserve for being so greedy!I am rambling...sorry to all.

proximity
10-31-2009, 03:49 PM
you left off possibly the most important reason:

california's pathetic simulcast schedule!!

it's great that tracks and otbs in almost every other state show and accept bets on california racing but do they return the favor and help boost the pools in wv, pa, la,.......?

no.

california is a sad, sad situation.

toetoe
10-31-2009, 03:52 PM
Dear U-Get-Odd,

Far be it from me to defend my native state (infancy ?), but (4) and (5) are wrong wrong wrong !!! On these two points you. Will. Lose. :D .

Igeteven
10-31-2009, 04:11 PM
If you like short fields, good luck to you and your wallet :bang: :bang:

bigmack
10-31-2009, 04:38 PM
You picked the one point uncontested in your thread. Who's this 'you', you talkin' 2?

BlueShoe
11-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Dear U-Get-Odd,

Far be it from me to defend my native state (infancy ?), but (4) and (5) are wrong wrong wrong !!! On these two points you. Will. Lose. :D .
Correct,actually Californias takeout is quite competitive compared to many other states.However,if this monstrous proposal to increase the takeout by 5% comes about,then points 4 and 5 will regrettably become true.

johnhannibalsmith
11-01-2009, 12:36 PM

Perhaps I'm just confused but where #2 through 11b intended as support of this assertion?

horses721
11-01-2009, 05:44 PM

2. Plastic Tracks

3. Short Fields

Good Luck
I haven't read any replies to your post yet but I'm sure the people who live in Californai will get their panties in a bunch over you criticizing their poor state of racing in the state.
They should call California the short field state(unless it is cheap state-bred claimers)!

WinterTriangle
11-01-2009, 06:56 PM
California must be a terrible place. That's why millions of tourists go there and return there every year.

Unlike actual Californian residents, who don't seem to want to stay.;)

---- builders say about 85% of people moving into our region are Californians.

the main reason california has gone in the tank is the fake stuff.

I think many human beings don't like anything natural anymore.

Kind of editorials you see here lately, due to influx: "Why can't the county keep the ponds and streams snake-free, so they will be safe for our children to walk around?"

Get rid of snakes, in ponds and streams...................in Arkansas. :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I like people from Calif, and have visited there, quite beautiful.

Track Collector
11-01-2009, 10:49 PM
you left off possibly the most important reason:

california's pathetic simulcast schedule!!

it's great that tracks and otbs in almost every other state show and accept bets on california racing but do they return the favor and help boost the pools in wv, pa, la,.......?

no.

california is a sad, sad situation.

Right you are Proximity!

I recall there is some kind of law limiting the total number of out of state simulcast races they can show each day.

During the day CA offers about 1/3 to 1/2 the available tracks running and almost none at nighttime except their local Los Alamitos. No CT, Pen, Mnr, EvD, Cby, etc.

Arizona is very bad too, with no evening thoroughbred tracks offered so that they can "protect" the business at the AZ evening dog tracks. At least the simulcast menu during the day is much better than CA.

kingfin66
11-01-2009, 11:42 PM
Mack,

Dave

It is an old table Dave, but it not 10 years old. More like two. I will try to get it updated. It is worth keeping up to date.

WinterTriangle
11-02-2009, 12:31 AM
Despite all the negativity, I have hopes CA racing will turnaround.

It's gorgeous there, the location of the tracks especially, people love it, yearround racing, great weather.... and it's too great an investment to let it go downward spiral. It's just experiencing a hump, IMHO.

There's all that "X factor" that people don't figure in, which hard data doesn't take into consideration. Calif in general in a tough spot right now....everything affected, but it's just a cycle.

NoDayJob
11-02-2009, 01:44 AM
The only thing that can save CA racing is another Ken Maddy. Ain't goina
happen, I fear. The politicians don't giva $h!t about horse racing and the
public is getting screwed big time as usual. Pity---

DanG
11-02-2009, 07:14 AM

Avg fld size in 2009… (National average is 8.16)

• NYRA: (Aqu, Bel and Sar) = 7.9

• So Cal: (Dmr, Hol and SA) = 8.2

Never let the facts "geteven" your agenda.