PDA

View Full Version : Read this and then act if you value your country

ddog
10-30-2009, 01:37 PM
http://www.dallasobserver.com/content/printVersion/1568654

He has most of it correct.

The Cfra is a trojan horse I am afraid, not nearly strong or ruthless enough.

I can only think that many still really think this was an accident or a left/right train wreck or a cycle that had to play out.

It wasn't. The policy was pursued and set and the so called regulators were bought off or told to stand down for many many years at the Fed level especially.

Anyone that was involved , yeah that's a lot, needs to be tossed out and set as a pariah among honest people.

You will not "recover" until this thing is burned down as it's totally corrupt and Un_american at it's core.

The basis of the wrong track numbers is wrapped in this.

DJofSD
10-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Good article.

Most, if not all, of the people mentioned in the article should be summarily shot, if they're not already dead. And, add to that list, any member of Congress that voted for repeal of Glass-Steigal and the Modernization Act passed by Congress in the dead of night, as the last act before adjorning with the measure not even being read.

My reasoning: all of the malfeasance amounts to acts of treason. Deal with them accordingly.

mostpost
10-30-2009, 03:16 PM
http://www.dallasobserver.com/content/printVersion/1568654

He has most of it correct.

The Cfra is a trojan horse I am afraid, not nearly strong or ruthless enough.

I can only think that many still really think this was an accident or a left/right train wreck or a cycle that had to play out.

It wasn't. The policy was pursued and set and the so called regulators were bought off or told to stand down for many many years at the Fed level especially.

Anyone that was involved , yeah that's a lot, needs to be tossed out and set as a pariah among honest people.

You will not "recover" until this thing is burned down as it's totally corrupt and Un_american at it's core.

The basis of the wrong track numbers is wrapped in this.
The Obama administration and the DOJ has to take a strong stand on this. Those responsible for criminal actions must be indicted and prosecuted. There was more involved here, in many cases, besides carelessness. I am willing to give them more time. But, I need to see some indication that investigations are being pursued. Otherwise it will just be "more of the same"

toetoe
10-30-2009, 03:18 PM
Let's go after them with our best prosecutors. C'mon, Mr. Spitzer. We-e-ell, then, how about you, Mr. Edwards ? Oops ... :blush: .

ArlJim78
10-30-2009, 03:39 PM
I don't think you'll see any meaningful prosecutions. the gravy train will keep on rolling along.

DJofSD
10-30-2009, 04:10 PM
I don't think you'll see any meaningful prosecutions. the gravy train will keep on rolling along.
And the American taxpayer along with the future generations of citizens, will be taking it up the....

ddog
10-30-2009, 05:18 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601039&sid=aUuHhaDx8Hr8

The only JOBS they have done anything about are the ones for their bought and paid for scum gvt crackheads.

ddog
10-30-2009, 05:20 PM
Let's go after them with our best prosecutors. C'mon, Mr. Spitzer. We-e-ell, then, how about you, Mr. Edwards ? Oops ... :blush: .

It doesn't matter who takes them down.

They need to be taken.

Even the most evil or banal of creatures can affect a good sometimes.

Let's give it a shot and see, can't hurt , I can assure you of that.

Greyfox
10-30-2009, 06:37 PM
The Obama administration and the DOJ has to take a strong stand on this. Those responsible for criminal actions must be indicted and prosecuted. "

I can't imagine anyone on this board disagreeing with you here.
But I'm not going to pretend to know much about financial wizardry.
Supposedly everyone including home buyers were working within legal limits because of the absence of regulatory controls.
That Wall Street was governed by greedy CEO's and their supporters, is not against the law. Unfortunately, for most of them, it is still business as usual.
When the bubble burst, the Government had the choice of following basic business principles including "survival of the fittest."
Both Bush and Obama opted otherwise.
Both Bush and Obama put a bandages on the wounds.
Me thinks the problems go deeper than skin level.
Your post raises two questions:

1. What are the criminal actions that were done?

2. What sort of charges should be laid?

HUSKER55
10-30-2009, 06:38 PM
HOW ABOUT THE LAW FIRM OF SMITH & WESSON. A GOOD VOLLY FROM EACH ONE SHOULD DO WONDERS.

DJofSD
10-30-2009, 09:57 PM
Supposedly everyone including home buyers were working within legal limits because of the absence of regulatory controls.

Nice try. But not true.

There are plenty of regulations that were totally ignored. A blind eye was turned.