PDA

View Full Version : "What ever happened to" thread

tzipi
10-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Arthur Wendell- Old trainer who used to train mainly at Aqueduct. Had Arromanches for a while.

Dale Cordova- Jock who rode in NY during late 90's for a while then disappeared.

Michelel Lutrell- Another 90's jock who I think went to South America for a bit I think. Is she at Philly?

illinoisbred
10-29-2009, 09:29 PM
Diane Nelson?

tzipi
10-29-2009, 09:36 PM
Pretty sure Diane retired couple years back.

illinoisbred
10-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Pretty sure Diane retired couple years back.
Didn't she do some fashion modeling on the side? I only saw her once in person- came in to ride a NY shipper in a stake at AP. What a gorgeous woman!

boomman
10-30-2009, 01:43 AM
Arthur Wendell- Old trainer who used to train mainly at Aqueduct. Had Arromanches for a while.

Dale Cordova- Jock who rode in NY during late 90's for a while then disappeared.

Michelel Lutrell- Another 90's jock who I think went to South America for a bit I think. Is she at Philly?

Cordova back at Remington after 11-year retirement

Friday’s eighth race on the opening card at Remington Park will mark the return of jockey Dale Cordova from an 11-year retirement.

Cordova, 45, stepped away from racing in 1998 to stay closer to his family in Jones, Oklahoma. A trip to Oaklawn Park this spring and the richest purse structure in Remington history prompted his decision to begin riding again this summer. He will ride Costa de Oro for trainer Randy Morse in the featured optional/claiming race at six furlongs for three-year-olds.

“I’m 45 now and I feel like I’m 20,” Cordova said. “I didn’t feel this good when I decided to retire. I’m stronger than I was then and I feel great both mentally and physically. My attitude is fresh. It’s unbelievable.”

Cordova was the regular rider of Silver Goblin, who scored 11 stakes wins and collected more than $843,950 in earnings in 1994 and ’95. In 1996, Cordova guided Broad Dynamite to a victory in the Astarita Stakes (G2) at Aqueduct and teamed with Say Florida Sandy for two stakes wins at Finger Lakes.

Cordova began his career in 1982 and compiled 1,651 wins from 12,892 mounts who earned $17,186,774.

Good to see Dale back! Was it Dale that tragically lost some family members in the TWA crash over New York? I believe so.............:confused:

Boomer

Horseplayersbet.com
10-30-2009, 10:36 AM
I think Lutrell was riding at the Meadowlands early last year.

tzipi
10-30-2009, 11:03 AM
"Dale Cordova back at Remington after 11 years"

Cool. I remember him winning I think it was 7 races at Aqueduct back in 1997 and for some reason I liked his horses that day so it worked out :)

I think Arthur Wendell maybe passed. I know he was very old back in the 90's in if I remember correctly.

johnhannibalsmith
10-30-2009, 08:34 PM
Wendel was indeed old in way back when he did have Arromanches. I vaguely remember talking about the old horse with Contessa after he had been claimed, I think been to jersey and back to Saratoga with Contessa, and he remarked that the horse went unclaimed for a long time because Wendel was quite old and at that point only had a horse or two. That and the horse had a paralyzed jaw if I remember correctly and had to be fed in a particular manner.

Horseplayersbet.com
10-30-2009, 08:42 PM
A further search for Lutrell got me over here. This guy got quite a few female jocks to pose with him:
http://www.webshots.com/search?query=Chris+and+the+Female+Jockeys

No Canadians, no Chantal :(

rokitman
10-30-2009, 09:59 PM
Yeah, ya gotta hand it to ol' Mr. Thumbsup. He's been quite thorough in getting the ladies to give him the finger.

PaceAdvantage
10-31-2009, 03:58 AM
No Canadians, no Chantal :(He's got a shot of Chantal...it's the worst quality photo of them all though...which is kind of ironic....

Horseplayersbet.com
10-31-2009, 08:27 AM
He's got a shot of Chantal...it's the worst quality photo of them all though...which is kind of ironic....
I must have missed it. Talk about out of focus.

The Hawk
10-31-2009, 01:13 PM
That dude is just a little creepy, no?

tzipi
10-31-2009, 01:19 PM
That dude is just a little creepy, no?

HAHA.

Rachael Lavoy looks like she out of it in her pic!