PDA

View Full Version : Would an off track tarnish a Triple Crown?

Valuist
06-04-2003, 04:13 PM
Funny Cide already has won the Preakness over a track listed as "good", but which had been upgraded from muddy earlier. New York can't get a break w/the weather, so would a sloppy or muddy track win by Funny Cide tarnish the Triple Crown? I would say possibly. The Preakness field was subpar and now we'll be down to 5 horses, 4 if you consider Supervisor a filler.

spotwinshow
06-04-2003, 04:36 PM
Off track 2 legs, 6 horse field, nutless tc winner, CD slowed down 4/5 second the night prior to the KY Derby. Nothing unusual about this years' races! The best tc fix would be a gelding so as not to artificially upset the breeding industry, and with no biggest-name connections to be envious of! There are 5 fillers, and of course the TC is fixed!!
****P.S.= If FC loses, disregards this post!!!

PaceAdvantage
06-04-2003, 05:43 PM
Hey Spot, nice joke!

andicap
06-04-2003, 06:58 PM
Secretariat beat absolutely no one to win the Belmont in a 5-horse field. Sham was finished by that point and the others were all going for 2nd place.
Affirmed's victory over Alydar was basically a match race.

FC still has to beat Empire Maker who is also good on an off-track and don't count out Ten Most Wanted who got hurt in the Derby and had a terrible trip.
He should be 4th choice and maybe a decent exacta play with FC. Wally Dollase is a top-notch trainer.

Buddha
06-04-2003, 08:55 PM
I don't think that an off track would tarnish a triple crown because I think that a true champion should be able to run on most all conditions.

Skanoochies
06-06-2003, 02:20 PM
I think it will be a wet track even if it`s a hundred degrees out .Don`t forget the track maint. crew. They will be giving it a good spraying of water after every race and probably go around twice before the Belmont. Hell they are from N.Y. too. F.C. is their baby and its his home track. As far as tarnishing the feat if it happens, I doubt it. Two triple crown winners only only beat two other horses in the Belmont, and two others only beat three.
Let`s just hope its a great race whoever wins and no bullshit like happened to Winning colors.

Have a great day and good luck everyone!!!!

Skanoochies.:D :D :D

GARY Z
06-06-2003, 08:54 PM
looks like we are in the perfect storm
f.c. 's bloodlines are etched in mud and speed and t'm'w is his
day to prove he really is a "freak"
e m ,inmho, will not be used in a protracted speed duel at this point
in his career and i,for one, can not forget the curious decision of
bob frankel looking to the jersey derby as a prep for the belmont when he previously
advised the press he would skip the preakness due to physical
problems of this former winter book favorite.

jose will place f.c. close to any pace scenario and/or the lead and
with his home track advantage this is funny cide's
time to win by open lengths ala secretariat's belmont

any speed /pace figures will prove his last
race is a top,unmatched by even em. his recent bullet work and low
cover under the radar screen clearly indicate to me he is a
ready horse.
the predicted weather is for heavy rain sat. afternoon,so we could
witness a preakness like surface,which should have the
schwartz's(go rockin robin) thinking about their decision not to
enter this"relative" of funny cide in the belmont.

finally, while this horse is classified as ny bred, remember
he was conceived in ky prior to his being foaled in ny
state

for once, the good guys are getting their chance to prove
how great and democratic this game can be..

hell is freezing over.. we are going to have a ny bred triple crown winner!!!!!!!!!

Skanoochies
06-06-2003, 11:19 PM
Right on Gary Z, hope tour right. It`d make a better story than Seabiscuit IMO!

Good luck tomorrow,

Skanoochies.:)