PDA

View Full Version : PayPal: Any ADW still take it, or any way to fund using it?

Lateralus
10-29-2009, 12:23 PM
I need to get an account set up by Breeder's Cup. I'd prefer to bet it from home. I've been selling stuff on eBay to fund my Breeder's Cup betting so I don't have to use "my own" funds, even though obviously selling stuff I don't need it's still my own funds. :D Problem is I doubt I'll be able to get the money from PayPal to my bank to an ADW on time.... any ADW still take PayPal? Or maybe there is a way to go through a middle man, such as buy a prepaid credit card using PayPal or fund something they DO take with PayPal?

CBedo
10-29-2009, 12:42 PM
I don't think Paypal allows any of the ADWs to use them for processing. I'm guessing that EBay looks at ADWs the same as online poker. When EBay bought PayPal, they decided that they didn't want the business risk of dealing with online gambling and stopped processing from all of those types of sites.

Horseplayersbet.com
10-29-2009, 01:22 PM
I need to get an account set up by Breeder's Cup. I'd prefer to bet it from home. I've been selling stuff on eBay to fund my Breeder's Cup betting so I don't have to use "my own" funds, even though obviously selling stuff I don't need it's still my own funds. :D Problem is I doubt I'll be able to get the money from PayPal to my bank to an ADW on time.... any ADW still take PayPal? Or maybe there is a way to go through a middle man, such as buy a prepaid credit card using PayPal or fund something they DO take with PayPal?
Horseplayersbet.com takes Green Dot.

LottaKash
10-29-2009, 01:28 PM
Youbet, uses a bank check number for a direct deposit from your checking account....I am pretty sure you can sign up and be betting in a day or less using the paper bank check procedure....It worked for me....It may be different now, and I don't remember the name of the procedure, as it has been a very long time since I had to deposit any funds into my account....Call them...It was a swift and painless process...

best,

netbet
10-29-2009, 02:13 PM
Twinspires.com also take the Green Dot deposits. I have used it in the past and it is very simple and quick.

hazzardm
10-29-2009, 02:53 PM
Youbet, uses a bank check number for a direct deposit from your checking account....I am pretty sure you can sign up and be betting in a day or less using the paper bank check procedure....It worked for me....It may be different now, and I don't remember the name of the procedure, as it has been a very long time since I had to deposit any funds into my account....Call them...It was a swift and painless process...

best,

I think YouBet will also give a one time funding before the above paperwork is wrapped up

rokitman
10-29-2009, 03:34 PM
TVG is always yappng thru my TV about calling in to set up an account and how you'll "be ready to bet in minutes" but I don't klnow if they are counting on you to have a credit card to be ready that fast.

Pell Mell
10-29-2009, 05:02 PM
It only takes Pay Pal 2 days to put money in my bank account and I use ez money with TS and that takes about 10 seconds to go from bank to their account.

BetCrazyGirl
10-29-2009, 09:32 PM

best,

I did mine that way with Youbet a few months back, it was ready in just seconds, its called ExpressCash under Youbet.

Lateralus
11-03-2009, 08:47 AM
Thanks eveyone for the replies. :) Provided PayPal deposits hit my checking within 2 or 3 days I'm good to go. It used to to take longer than that in the past; I just noticed recently how fast it is now.

For my BC bankroll I sold my "schtuff" on eBay... not as much as I'd liked though because I like to FIRE on Breeder's Cup. I figure one of these years I'll hit something extremely substantial. ;) I worked as fast as I could and even stayed up all night one night photographing / listing. Ran out of time though and clearly should have started the process earlier. My BC bankroll will probably be only about half of what I wanted, and I'm not sure if I'm going to bet as planned and hope I hit enough in day 1 to keep me going through day 2, or cut all wagers in half to ensure I stay in. Or, cut all wagers in half and increase to planned amount if I hit at the 50% level. Probably the latter.