PDA

View Full Version : New BC bet on jockeys

point given
10-29-2009, 12:03 PM
According to the DRF a new wager on the winningest jockey will be offered
"
Breeders' Cup plans to offer a parimutuel bet on which jockey has the most wins in the 14 Breeders' Cup races, scheduled for Nov. 6-7 at Santa Anita Park, the organization announced on Thursday.
Though the field for the wager has yet to be set, the bet will likely have 14 wagering interests, according to Ken Kirchner, the simulcasting consultant for Breeders' Cup. The 14th betting interest will be a field comprising all jockeys that are not named individually, and ties will be treated as a dead heat, Kirchner said. Wagering will open on Nov. 5, after riders have been named. "

joanied
10-29-2009, 02:59 PM
Tha sounds like an unique and fun idea:jump: ...too bad we gotta wait til next Thursday...
Point Given...can you try posting the 'field' when it's announced? (In case some of us...mostly me, miss it:) )

Black Ruby
10-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Sounds like another good opportunity for a fustercluck. Will they do anything with the odds or refunds if one (or more) of a jock's mounts scratches on race day?

slew101
10-29-2009, 03:19 PM
They did this before a few years back. I recall playing Mike Smith because he was riding a bunch of horses for Baffert. He won a couple races (Vindication was one).

hazzardm
10-29-2009, 03:50 PM
I recall a few of the Head2Head wagers were decent overlays.

CBedo
10-29-2009, 04:59 PM
I actually like these type of props. Any time there are new bets that people play emotionally instead of logically, it has to be a good thing (if it doesn't have a monster takeout). The prop bets around the superbowl are a perfect example. There are some that can turn into solid wagers since some play them so poorly.

jefftune
10-29-2009, 07:48 PM
I like the idea of betting on jockeys. I myself probably won't make such a bet, but anything to change the game a bit and attract new fans is good. Maybe get some of that Nascar crowd to follow horse racing.

juanepstein
10-29-2009, 08:00 PM
happens in australia all the time.

they are called jockey challenges and are up for wagering on basically every big cup day.

we are in the stone age.

Run Nicholas Run
11-02-2009, 10:43 PM
I used to wager each year on the pari-mutuel
wager Lone Star used to offer when they had the
jockey challenge their.

This idea needs to be tweeked as they need to
use place and show finishes and get an overall point
system and try to eliminate any type of ties though.