PDA

View Full Version : Beulah Park

cosmo96
10-29-2009, 11:36 AM
I realize that Beulah is not the glamor spot of horseracing. But, have you noticed the full fields. Most of the fields are ten and twelve horses. With the small purses I don't understand. All I know is that it is great for the better. Besides, Beulah has great soft pretzels.

illinoisbred
10-29-2009, 11:41 AM
I don't mean it as an insult but by and large what's at Beulah can't compete for the smallest purses at other midwest tracks.

cosmo96
10-29-2009, 11:45 AM
You are so right about Beulah and other Midwestern tracks. I wonder why they are getting the large fields?

illinoisbred
10-29-2009, 11:54 AM
You are so right about Beulah and other Midwestern tracks. I wonder why they are getting the large fields?
I think it's because there's an overabundance of poorer stock and Beulah offers 1 of the few venues around to compete. I've noticed you usually get an influx of privately sold Hawthorne horses once the season ends here. Is Ralph Martinez there yet? He'll run quite a few there if he's in close contention for# races won by a trainer.

rastajenk
10-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Kentucky-based stables that don't have Keeneland quality are shipping in. A lot of new shooters from Iowa, Minnesota and other places out that way. Hoosier is done, and Thistledown is about to be; some from Michigan. Seems to be the only place that's not Mountaineer in a large radius that's running right now, I guess.

illinoisbred
10-29-2009, 12:07 PM
I see Joe Woodard is running a string there.

CincyHorseplayer
10-29-2009, 01:36 PM
If there are full fields at Beulah and there aren't 2 barn winning 50% of the races it's worth betting.

From what I've seen in the past is that people take the it's a dumpy track=make sloppy wagers approach.There are many logical horses that go off at astounding prices because of this exact thing.What else would explain it.

Pass the chalk though.There is enough unpredictability with these bottom claimers that makes it unwarranted.

Personally I have gone on some of my best win streaks at this track.Give it an honest run and take a shot.You might be surprised.I'll be playing some races there til the end of this year.

Good luck!

Zman179
10-29-2009, 06:10 PM
I absolutely adore betting on Beulah with its full fields. Best afternoon betting product in the land by far.

post time
10-29-2009, 09:52 PM
The full fields could be getting bigger if Mountaineer Park gets its way and shuts down for the winter.Turfway is also going to only 3 racing days a week while Beulah might have cheap claimers the field size is more important to many gamblers. Time to get on board at Beulah for the winter. Big fields == BIG PAYOUTS

raybo
10-30-2009, 12:39 AM
I've never checked Beulah. What is the average super pool there? Do they have supers in every race? Do they offer the 10c super? (brings more money into the pools)

I love big fields and cheap races. Volatility, concerning handicap-ability, as long as there are full PPs for all (or most) of the animals, is right up my alley.

My favorite tracks: EvD, DeD, LaD, Hou, Hoo, pretty much tells you where I'm coming from.

menifee
10-30-2009, 01:05 AM
I've never checked Beulah. What is the average super pool there? Do they have supers in every race? Do they offer the 10c super? (brings more money into the pools)

I love big fields and cheap races. Volatility, concerning handicap-ability, as long as there are full PPs for all (or most) of the animals, is right up my alley.

My favorite tracks: EvD, DeD, LaD, Hou, Hoo, pretty much tells you where I'm coming from.

They offer 10 cent supers. They have two or three races a day with full fields. 2500-3500 nw condition lifetime. 12 horse fields. Very difficult to handicap like Evangeline. I've hit a few dimes for a couple k, but have probably lost more than i won. Pool size is around 10-20k on the super. A few times a meet the pool will play to a dime.

When I play these supers, I never try to pick the winners. I key off the closers who always get a piece but never win. Speed seems to do well there. I don't think it is a track bias, I just think at this level they don't know how to pass each other.

raybo
10-30-2009, 01:31 AM
They offer 10 cent supers. They have two or three races a day with full fields. 2500-3500 nw condition lifetime. 12 horse fields. Very difficult to handicap like Evangeline. I've hit a few dimes for a couple k, but have probably lost more than i won. Pool size is around 10-20k on the super. A few times a meet the pool will play to a dime.

When I play these supers, I never try to pick the winners. I key off the closers who always get a piece but never win. Speed seems to do well there. I don't think it is a track bias, I just think at this level they don't know how to pass each other.

The $10k-$20k pools is a concern but I've made $3000 +- more than once at EvD, before slots, with $10k pools. I'm way up at EvD and DeD, "difficult to handicap" is great. I want the whole pool if I can get it!