PDA

View Full Version : Polytrack Is Horseracing's Toyota Prius

samyn on the green
10-28-2009, 11:37 AM
Polytrack Is Horseracing's Version Of The Toyota Prius (http://gregcalabrese.blogspot.com/2009/10/polytrack-is-horseracings-version-of.html)

HRTV is re-broadcasting past Breeder's Cup broadcasts during racing down time. Yesterday the 1986 B.C. was shown. Jockey Chris McCarron was off all of his mounts with a broken leg suffered just days before the B.C. In 2009 television will shy away from showing a horse suffering a fatal breakdown, in 1986 they showed the breakdown that led to McCarron's injury 4 times! Snap, snap, snap, snap! This led me to reflect on cultural changes over the last few decades and the realization that racing is in worse shape than I previously thought. Not only is racing feeding the slot machine gambling vice that will succeed it, but racing is completely unfit for the new consumer morality that holds sway today.

46zilzal
10-28-2009, 11:50 AM
Interesting article until the fellow brought GOD into the notion of how society changed. There were a lot of people who did not have that mythical being in their life BACK then as well who do NOT worship at the alter of $$$$$$$$$$$.

Bruddah
10-28-2009, 12:53 PM
The author of that drivel should have their privileges revoked at their local heroin den.

fmolf
10-28-2009, 04:44 PM
that is the silliest thing i have ever read.