PDA

View Full Version : New bet 123 racing at Mnr,Pha, Haw

MAGICHORSEMAN
10-28-2009, 11:25 AM
Is anyone playing the new bet call 123 racing at Mountaineer, Philly, or Hawthorne ? It is a separate bet for each track. It envolves adding the payoffs for each of your picks for the six races. It includes the place and show payoffs. It pays 60% to the winnner,30% to the 2nd place and 10% to third.

So you could have only one winner ( a longshot ) and win the bet.

Steve 'StatMan'
10-28-2009, 12:47 PM
I'm interested and want to check this out! It is from the same company that has been providing the free Survival Contest at Monmouth, Meadowlands and Woodbine. I have definitely fallen for these contests. This version is a parimutuel version of the game at a select number of tracks. Hope this works out quite well! Looks like $2 combos where you can make more than 1 selection per race, and the winner is calculated the same way - tickets are ranked by the WPS payoffs from the races and selections on each combo, and parimutel payoffs are made on the 123 game tickets for that track's card. Like a 123 style contest every day!

Thanks for mentioning this - first I'd heard of it, and looking forward to my chances to get into it esp. if it goes well. Will be very interested to see how it works out.

CBedo
10-28-2009, 01:15 PM
Make sure you check the takeouts. I quickly looked at a few days of results from Philly and it looked like to me (just looking at number of entries on the website and the payoffs listed) that the takeout was over 30%.

Pell Mell
10-28-2009, 01:22 PM
I can't even find the results for this bet at PP. Is there any where that explains how this bet works?

CBedo
10-28-2009, 01:40 PM
http://www.123racing.com/

There is a rules or how to play section. Of course, I found no mention of takeout rates anywhere.

MAGICHORSEMAN
10-28-2009, 02:03 PM
The correct website is www.123racing.info (http://www.123racing.info)

ok thanks for the inquiry

senortout
10-28-2009, 02:13 PM
Would you agree its pretty obvious that this '123' bet can only be made on track or otb?

Or am I missing something....I do like the idea!

senortout

turfeyejoe
10-28-2009, 03:29 PM
How do you play this contest? When I went to the 123racing website, it says you make your selections with a teller or self-service machine. Does this mean it's offered only on track and not online?
Are players limited to 1 selection per race?

turfeyejoe
10-28-2009, 03:48 PM
According to the website, 100 percent of the pool is returned to bettors. If that's the case, how do 123racing and the track make any money on this? A bet with 0 percent takeout sounds too good to be true.

CBedo
10-28-2009, 03:52 PM
I went through a few days at Philly and took the number of entries (times 2 I think if I remember right, it was a couple weeks ago) and took that as the pool size. Then for the return, I just added the three payouts. When you compared them, I got over a 30% takeout on each day. The reason I'm not sure about the calculations is that I got a different takeout rate for all three days I calculated.

CBedo
10-28-2009, 04:05 PM
The correct website is www.123racing.info (http://www.123racing.info)

ok thanks for the inquiryIs there a difference between the .com and .info website?

CBedo
10-28-2009, 04:07 PM
According to the website, 100 percent of the pool is returned to bettors. If that's the case, how do 123racing and the track make any money on this? A bet with 0 percent takeout sounds too good to be true.I believe it says 100% of the NET pool will be returned which I would assume means after the takeout.

turfeyejoe
10-28-2009, 04:15 PM
I checked the results from Tuesday at Philly Park ... there were 248 players, which translates to $496 in the pool. Only $335 was paid out, which calculates to a 32 percent takeout. OUCH!

rrbauer
10-28-2009, 05:01 PM
I checked the results from Tuesday at Philly Park ... there were 248 players, which translates to $496 in the pool. Only $335 was paid out, which calculates to a 32 percent takeout. OUCH!

Good ol' Pennsy tracks. Getting rich from slots and gouging horseplayers like there's no tomorrow. Why anyone plays their tracks is beyond me.

rokitman
10-28-2009, 05:12 PM
It says "Prizes will cease to be nanded out at the end of the June challenge."

Mysterious.

http://thescore.123racing.ca/

Canarsie
10-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Would you agree its pretty obvious that this '123' bet can only be made on track or otb?

Or am I missing something....I do like the idea!

senortout

I heard them talking about it at the Mountaineer feed last week and said WOW I'll play. They talked about assigned names and other stuff I couldn't bet at NJBets pretty sure it's on track.They also spoke of rotating it can't figure that out haven't visited the web site yet.

Steve 'StatMan'
10-28-2009, 05:48 PM
They have a calendar of events - looks like PHA and MNR are scheduled for all Fri thru Tues cards. Hawthorne is only scheduled for Wed & Thurs (except Thanksgiving). FYI-Hawthorne has their own series of on-track contest series on Fridays and Sundays. IL competitor Arlingtion/CDSI have a Saturday contest at a rotating series of IL Trackside OTBs.

Not sure if they allow for fans to bet the 123-Wager at a different track than the one they are at - I.E. at Hawthorne on a Saturday betting the 123 on PHA or MNR.

Steve 'StatMan'
10-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Appearently there is either one card, or an early and late card, that can be bet from any of the various tracks. I'm assuming this since the wager is available at Balmoral Park, an IL Harness track, but their track isn't on the event schedule for November.

MAGICHORSEMAN
10-29-2009, 12:20 AM
yes

MAGICHORSEMAN
10-29-2009, 12:30 AM
The website states that the bet is available at the five thoroubred tracks- Pid, Mnr, Haw, Pha ( and OTB's), and Canterbury horse tracks. The bet is also able to accept bets from Balmoral, Maywood, and Poconos (and OTB's).

Eight racetracks and OTB in Eastern Pa.

Perhaps it will grow. The takeout is really high.

I cannot believe that Mnr has jumped on this 123 racing bandwagon but has not ever had a rolling pick 3 or ever had a pick 4 for its live races. The track has just this summer allowed its patrons to play the 10 cent supers nationwide. Before this summer the patrons had to bet $1 supers on all tracks in America. Attendence is way down.

rokitman
10-29-2009, 01:26 PM
The website states that the bet is available at the five thoroubred tracks- Pid, Mnr, Haw, Pha ( and OTB's), and Canterbury horse tracks. The bet is also able to accept bets from Balmoral, Maywood, and Poconos (and OTB's).

Eight racetracks and OTB in Eastern Pa.

Perhaps it will grow. The takeout is really high.

I cannot believe that Mnr has jumped on this 123 racing bandwagon but has not ever had a rolling pick 3 or ever had a pick 4 for its live races. The track has just this summer allowed its patrons to play the 10 cent supers nationwide. Before this summer the patrons had to bet $1 supers on all tracks in America. Attendence is way down.
Players really need to stop being dumbasses about high takeouts.

Steve 'StatMan'
10-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Quite a lot of 'middle men' in this - the track where the wager is placed, that track's horsemen, their state, the tote company, and 123-company for providing the wager/tracking etc. More fingers wanting and deserving at least some slice of it, plus a small pool so less to work with. Essentially a Show-6 contest with the best WPS totals taking the top payout for the day, with no carryover. How much better than the others are people, and can they beat that higher takeout?

turfeyejoe
10-29-2009, 05:27 PM
Somebody checked with officials at Hawthorne and they admitted the takeout is 35 percent. Outrageous! No wonder they don't advertise the rate.