PDA

View Full Version : Dismantling America

JustRalph
10-27-2009, 08:49 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2009/10/27/dismantling_america_98883.html

October 27, 2009
Dismantling America
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/topicons/thomas_sowell.jpg
By Thomas Sowell
Just one year ago, would you have believed that an unelected government official, not even a Cabinet member confirmed by the Senate but simply one of the many "czars" appointed by the President, could arbitrarily cut the pay of executives in private businesses by 50 percent or 90 percent?

Did you think that another "czar" would be talking about restricting talk radio? That there would be plans afloat to subsidize newspapers-- that is, to create a situation where some newspapers' survival would depend on the government liking what they publish?

Did you imagine that anyone would even be talking about having a panel of so-called "experts" deciding who could and could not get life-saving medical treatments?

Scary as that is from a medical standpoint, it is also chilling from the standpoint of freedom. If you have a mother who needs a heart operation or a child with some dire medical condition, how free would you feel to speak out against an administration that has the power to make life and death decisions about your loved ones?

Does any of this sound like America?

How about a federal agency giving school children material to enlist them on the side of the president? Merely being assigned to sing his praises in class is apparently not enough.

How much of America would be left if the federal government continued on this path? President Obama has already floated the idea of a national police force, something we have done without for more than two centuries.

We already have local police forces all across the country and military forces for national defense, as well as the FBI for federal crimes and the National Guard for local emergencies. What would be the role of a national police force created by Barack Obama, with all its leaders appointed by him? It would seem more like the brown shirts of dictators than like anything American.

How far the President will go depends of course on how much resistance he meets. But the direction in which he is trying to go tells us more than all his rhetoric or media spin.

Barack Obama has not only said that he is out to "change the United States of America," the people he has been associated with for years have expressed in words and deeds their hostility to the values, the principles and the people of this country.

more at the link

Tom
10-27-2009, 09:01 PM
All you have to do is listen to Obama's past statements to know where he is heading. Beck and Rush have played them over and over, but all anyone seems to be able to do is attack the messengers. To bad we have no educational requirements for voting.....too many are not equiped to really particiapate in society. Obama thirives on the uneducated.

Hank
10-27-2009, 09:51 PM
:( Poor neoconderthals,They prefer their freedoms usurped by pug Politicians,
Wake up and smell the coffee boys its heads they win tails you lose.The whole L vs R thing is a red herring, distract, divide and conquer......OBAMA orchestrated all this this is 08?:rolleyes:

And that Guy's article has more holes in it than swiss cheese,"Private company":lol: Yea the profits are private the losses are public

boxcar
10-27-2009, 10:32 PM
:( Poor neoconderthals,They prefer their freedoms usurped by pug Politicians,
Wake up and smell the coffee boys its heads they win tails you lose.The whole L vs R thing is a red herring, distract, divide and conquer......OBAMA orchestrated all this this is 08?:rolleyes:

And that Guy's article has more holes in it than swiss cheese,"Private company":lol: Yea the profits are private the losses are public

Methinks it's you who has the head in the sand. Didn't BO promise to "fundamentally transform America"? And didn't he promise "change the face of America"? Are you denying that he's trying his level best to do these things?

Boxcar

pandy
10-27-2009, 11:02 PM
All you have to do is listen to Obama's past statements to know where he is heading. Beck and Rush have played them over and over, but all anyone seems to be able to do is attack the messengers. To bad we have no educational requirements for voting.....too many are not equiped to really particiapate in society. Obama thirives on the uneducated.

Thrives on the uneducated? C'mon, the Northeast is quite possibly the most well educated area of the country and they love him in New England.

Hank
10-27-2009, 11:51 PM
Methinks it's you who has the head in the sand. Didn't BO promise to "fundamentally transform America"? And didn't he promise "change the face of America"? Are you denying that he's trying his level best to do these things?

Boxcar

:sleeping:

Bochall
10-28-2009, 12:06 AM
To bad we have no educational requirements for voting......C'mon Tom, that's unAmerican

lamboguy
10-28-2009, 12:06 AM
this is another right wing conspriracy

Hank
10-28-2009, 12:07 AM
Thrives on the uneducated? C'mon, the Northeast is quite possibly the most well educated area of the country and they love him in New England.

Tommy boy is a citizen of Opposite world,consequently logic and facts register with him as illogical lies.

NJ Stinks
10-28-2009, 12:16 AM
Scary as that is from a medical standpoint, it is also chilling from the standpoint of freedom. If you have a mother who needs a heart operation or a child with some dire medical condition, how free would you feel to speak out against an administration that has the power to make life and death decisions about your loved ones?

Yea, it's real scary to think that medical professionals suddenly start making medical decision based on your political beliefs. Wasn't this on the Twilight Zone?

Give me a break, Ralph. :rolleyes:

LottaKash
10-28-2009, 12:23 AM
Tommy boy is a citizen of Opposite world,consequently logic and facts register with him as illogical lies.

Hank, there were millions and millions of people just like you, just prior to the upcoming years of the enslavement of Russia's and Germany's people, and they too, thought the "bad-guys" were the "good-guys", until it was too late.....History has a way of repeating itself, and I feel for people like you who do not see what is currently happening and what is coming soon, in this nation as well as globally....I wonder sometimes, just what it is, that people like you and them, "do and did see" ?

best,

PaceAdvantage
10-28-2009, 01:05 AM
Yea, it's real scary to think that medical professionals suddenly start making medical decision based on your political beliefs. Wasn't this on the Twilight Zone? I know. Humans never do outrageous shit like that....:rolleyes:

They almost always act the exact way they are supposed to act...no emotions..no inherent biases...they act just like machines...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
10-28-2009, 07:45 AM

I wish you well, Hank.
You are the smartest poster here.

46zilzal
10-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Yea, it's real scary to think that medical professionals suddenly start making medical decision based on your political beliefs. Wasn't this on the Twilight Zone?

Give me a break, Ralph.
What horse shit. We have medical insurance here, have for years, and there is NO interference with medical decisions by any elected officials

Tom
10-28-2009, 10:07 AM
Good for you, ziily.
You are not here.
Our officials have already stated their intent to do so.

boxcar
10-28-2009, 10:27 AM
:sleeping:

Let's see if you can answer something easier. (I wouldn't want to tax your poor brain.) When was the last time you were awake and actually conscious of anything going on around you, Hank?

Boxcar

Tom
10-28-2009, 10:39 AM
Hank is SUPER on it, Boxcar. Hank is 100% on top of things.
Hank is ALWAYS right, Boxcar. Always right.

From the Bizzaro world of me!
:lol:

BenDiesel26
10-28-2009, 01:05 PM
What horse shit. We have medical insurance here, have for years, and there is NO interference with medical decisions by any elected officials

On the otherhand, there is a higher death rate for most major illnesses (specifically, cancers) and much longer average wait times for procedures considered routine in the US. Who is making the decisions which result in these outcomes?

46zilzal
10-28-2009, 01:34 PM
On the otherhand, there is a higher death rate for most major illnesses (specifically, cancers) and much longer average wait times for procedures considered routine in the US. Who is making the decisions which result in these outcomes?
I just love it when people OUTSIDE health care make broad assumptions NEVER having a clue what the day to day world is like in the INSIDE of the profession.

Black Ruby
10-28-2009, 01:35 PM
Hank, there were millions and millions of people just like you, just prior to the upcoming years of the enslavement of Russia's and Germany's people, and they too, thought the "[color=red][i]bad-guys" were the "good-guys"

You're absolutely right, just look on this board, a lot of people think Limbaugh and Beck are the good guys.

Tom
10-28-2009, 02:49 PM
See Ruby, that is where you get into trouble. Trying to assume what other people think. You are not very good at it.

We all applaud Beck and Rush for reporting the stories that others try to bury. It is never about Rush or Beck - is always about the messages they bring. We just tend to defend their character when you libs attack them instead of addressing their message - which is like always! :lol:

boxcar
10-28-2009, 03:29 PM
You're absolutely right, just look on this board, a lot of people think Limbaugh and Beck are the good guys.

And who are your "good guys"?

Boxcar

rastajenk
10-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Mao. Castro. Chavez. And Mother Teresa.

BenDiesel26
10-28-2009, 05:06 PM
I just love it when people OUTSIDE health care make broad assumptions NEVER having a clue what the day to day world is like in the INSIDE of the profession.

Why do I need to go what goes on INSIDE the profession when my question had absolutely ZERO to do with the day to day work involved?

Canada has a higher death rate on most major illnesses than US--YES, don't have to be a doctor to find this

Canada has longer wait times for many procedures that are routine in the US--YES, don't have to be a doctor to find this

So answer the question. Who makes the decisions in Canada that have resulted in these outcomes? You said government has nothing to do with people's healthcare there. I don't give a hoot what goes on inside the profession, I just want to know why the two things listed above are occurring. Obviously, something is being done differently up there to obtain these outcomes.

JustRalph
10-28-2009, 05:12 PM

Give me a break, Ralph. :rolleyes:

I didn't write it.......... I offered the article for review.........give me a break

NJ Stinks
10-28-2009, 05:23 PM

That reminds me....

I'm listening to the first half-hour of Rush today. He's going over all the poll numbers that indicate America really is conservative and is finally waking up to the multitude of failings possessed by Barack. The next half-hour is constant Obama bashing. Believe me - I mean Rush - Obama is the biggest buffoon and threat to America we have ever known.

So basically Rush spends the hour first telling us how effective his constant whining is and then continues with his whining. As I pondered who in his right mind would listen to this drivel day after day, it occurred to me that 30 years ago Rush would have been one of those preachers you see on TV or hear on the radio. And he would have made a fortune there too. Only difference is that the devil would be the diabolical one - not Obama! :eek:

One hour was all I could stand even though I was stuck in cars driving at work.

boxcar
10-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Mao. Castro. Chavez. And Mother Teresa.

:lol: :lol: :lol: But where's BO? :eek: :eek:

Boxcar

boxcar
10-28-2009, 06:03 PM
That reminds me....

I'm listening to the first half-hour of Rush today. He's going over all the poll numbers that indicate America really is conservative and is finally waking up to the multitude of failings possessed by Barack. The next half-hour is constant Obama bashing. Believe me - I mean Rush - Obama is the biggest buffoon and threat to America we have ever known.

So basically Rush spends the hour first telling us how effective his constant whining is and then continues with his whining. As I pondered who in his right mind would listen to this drivel day after day, it occurred to me that 30 years ago Rush would have been one of those preachers you see on TV or hear on the radio. And he would have made a fortune there too. Only difference is that the devil would be the diabolical one - not Obama! :eek:

One hour was all I could stand even though I was stuck in cars driving at work.

Give us that huge list of BO's accomplishments that do not merit "whining".

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
10-29-2009, 01:42 AM
That reminds me....

One hour was all I could stand even though I was stuck in cars driving at work.I just find it so bizarre that you listen to Rush. I mean, I NEVER listen to Rush, and I would venture a guess that I would agree with him more than you would in any given day.

Why would you listen to him? Is it some sort of badge of courage with you left-of-center types?

"One hour was all I could stand...."

I don't believe you...I believe that if you could, you'd listen to his entire show...

Me? I couldn't care less what Rush has to say on any given day...

It's odd that you left-of-center types love to bash the right-of-center types on off-topic for holding up Rush as some sort of "Savior," yet it's you guys who probably lsiten most often to his show!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like I said...bizarre....

PaceAdvantage
10-29-2009, 01:46 AM
I just love it when people OUTSIDE health care make broad assumptions NEVER having a clue what the day to day world is like in the INSIDE of the profession.I have a question.

What does the United States, with it's supposed "INFERIOR" health care system experience more of:

A) An influx of foreigners seeking health care inside the U.S.

or

B) An outflux of U.S. citizens seeking health care in foreign countries, such as Canada.

Please answer that question with a simple "A" or "B", if you can.

NJ Stinks
10-29-2009, 02:16 AM
I just find it so bizarre that you listen to Rush. I mean, I NEVER listen to Rush, and I would venture a guess that I would agree with him more than you would in any given day.

Why would you listen to him? Is it some sort of badge of courage with you left-of-center types?

"One hour was all I could stand...."

I don't believe you...I believe that if you could, you'd listen to his entire show...

Me? I couldn't care less what Rush has to say on any given day...

It's odd that you left-of-center types love to bash the right-of-center types on off-topic for holding up Rush as some sort of "Savior," yet it's you guys who probably lsiten most often to his show!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like I said...bizarre....

I just answered the same question in the "More Neocon Buffoonery" thread (Post # 64) when Husker55 wondered about the same thing.

I don't come here to lie, PA. What fun would that be? And, for the record, I only listen to conservative talk radio when I'm stuck in a car at work. Sometimes it makes the time go by quicker and sometimes it doesn't.

PaceAdvantage
10-29-2009, 02:21 AM
I don't come here to lie, PA. What fun would that be? And, for the record, I only listen to conservative talk radio when I'm stuck in a car at work. Sometimes it makes the time go by quicker and sometimes it doesn't.If you could listen at work, would you?

On second thought, I understand what you're doing...it's not bizarre at all...if I were going to listen to talk radio, I would much rather listen to a right winger than a boring, whiny left winger...

The ratings prove that point as well...

And I do listen to talk radio...just not Rush...I listen to Mark Levin most often...

JustRalph
10-29-2009, 05:44 PM
just a note..............you can read a transcript of most of Rush's show on his website every night......and refer back to other days etc........

I don't listen much.......but do read the transcripts often..........

JustRalph
10-31-2009, 02:30 PM
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/today.parcoltop22.32517.ImageFile.jpg

I love the Graphics Rush uses at his Website........

btw, Beck and Limbaugh are the good guys!

Hank
11-01-2009, 12:28 AM
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/today.parcoltop22.32517.ImageFile.jpg

I love the Graphics Rush uses at his Website........

btw, Beck and Limbaugh are the good guys!

You guys are screwed:lol::lol:

PaceAdvantage
11-01-2009, 01:57 AM
You guys are screwed:lol::lol:Perhaps, but Nancy has never looked better...not sure about Obama though...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Java Gold@TFT
11-01-2009, 05:23 AM
If you could listen at work, would you?

On second thought, I understand what you're doing...it's not bizarre at all...if I were going to listen to talk radio, I would much rather listen to a right winger than a boring, whiny left winger...

The ratings prove that point as well...

And I do listen to talk radio...just not Rush...I listen to Mark Levin most often...
From Howard Stern's "Private Parts"

Researcher: The average radio listener listens for eighteen minutes. The average Howard Stern fan listens for - are you ready for this? - an hour and twenty minutes.
Pig Vomit: How can that be?
Researcher: Answer most commonly given? "I want to see what he'll say next."
Pig Vomit: Okay, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?
Researcher: Good point. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours a day.
Pig Vomit: But... if they hate him, why do they listen?
Researcher: Most common answer? "I want to see what he'll say next."

Just substitute "Rush" for "Stern". The libs can't get enough - they are masochistic but lean toward learning something. Maybe some day they will learn how to vote.

NJ Stinks
11-01-2009, 12:03 PM
The libs can't get enough - they are masochistic but lean toward learning something. Maybe some day they will learn how to vote.

This from a guy who probably voted for GWB twice. Hilarious.

PaceAdvantage
11-01-2009, 07:23 PM
This from a guy who probably voted for GWB twice. Hilarious.You didn't? :eek:

Sailwolf
11-01-2009, 08:16 PM

The insurance companies do that now!

boxcar
11-01-2009, 08:38 PM
The insurance companies do that now!

And so, it would be okay to give Big Gov more reasons to refuse paying for treatments?

Boxcar

Tom
11-01-2009, 10:32 PM
The insurance companies do that now! With insurance companies, you have the options of going elsewhere, although that choice is severely limited by the government's refusal to allow competition in the HC field in spite of their lies about wanting to increase i ( they do not - they want to limit it). If we were allowed to buy from any of the 50 or 57 states, depending on your political persuasion (:D), and if they would do tort reform, most everyone could afford adequate insurace and affordable costs.
With a public option, and a huge historical database of "death squad" mentality among the Obama team, you will be praying to God to allow you to hook up with a mean old insurance company.

toetoe
11-02-2009, 12:12 PM
And that Guy's article has more holes in it than swiss cheese

Please run the risk of identification as a racist ( :rolleyes: ) by shining light on said holes.

toetoe
11-02-2009, 12:18 PM
I listen to Mark Levin most often...

The GRATE one ? :jump: .

ddog
11-02-2009, 12:30 PM
With insurance companies, you have the options of going elsewhere, although that choice is severely limited by the government's refusal to allow competition in the HC field in spite of their lies about wanting to increase i ( they do not - they want to limit it). If we were allowed to buy from any of the 50 or 57 states, depending on your political persuasion (:D), and if they would do tort reform, most everyone could afford adequate insurace and affordable costs.
With a public option, and a huge historical database of "death squad" mentality among the Obama team, you will be praying to God to allow you to hook up with a mean old insurance company.

The day the ins co come out for repeal of the anti-trust exp you can make some case.
Until then, you are just showing your talking-points stupidity.

Well done , i might add.

The day they come out for competition get back to us , ok?

IF rates go down you think the ins co like that?

IF you allowed ins co to cross sell their internal costs would go UP not DOWN!

You are a person with no understanding of the capitalist system you seem to want to live in.

No biz wants competition, none.

Hell, they come right out and admit they can't compete with the gvt, who we all know is the worst biz man of ALL TIMES!!!!!!!