PDA

View Full Version : $1,000.00 reward

Tape Reader
10-27-2009, 08:40 PM
$1,000.00 reward!

HI All,

The attached is a previous ad that I placed. To date it has had lots of lookers but with no takers. Can anyone do this for me? I have an account with NYRA and I would like to keep it that way as I'm a $2 bettor and don't give a s_ _ _ about rebates.

I really need this by year end as I have a large tax bill due.

Hi All,

I would appreciate any advice/estimates I can get for having an auto-betting program programmed for me similar to what PA did with this link:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/...ead.php?t=53321 (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53321)

The desired program would scan the tote board at User Defined track, at different UD MTP, according to UD variables and automatically place bets at 0 MTP. (The auto betting part is essential as I usually scan for big prices, and can't afford to miss one.)

The program would be 100% tote board and read Win pool odds only.

As I am not a programmer, some sort of "easy language" for describing my User Defined variables would be greatly appreciated.

All bets would be of vertical nature: WPS, EX, TRI, SUPER, HI FIVE.

I currently have an account with NYRA.

Sincerely,

Tape Reader

CBedo
10-27-2009, 11:05 PM
You plan to pay for the software and your "large tax bill" with $2 bets? :rolleyes:

GameTheory
10-28-2009, 01:17 AM
You plan to pay for the software and your "large tax bill" with $2 bets? :rolleyes:Maybe he plays lots of exotic combos?

In any case, did you ask PA since he already has one? (And so does Mr. Bedo, now that I think about it.) I have made such programs myself a few times, although I don't know anything about the NYRA online betting platform. It is probably possible. Of course, with your large tax bill looming; I guess I'd like to see the money upfront, or I guess you could reveal to me your toteboard secrets, I can make a version for my personal use. And then once I've made $1000 with it I can give the program to you...

formula_2002
10-28-2009, 02:35 PM
What are your "User Defined variables " ?

Tape Reader
10-28-2009, 04:58 PM
You plan to pay for the software and your "large tax bill" with $2 bets? :rolleyes:

Just to clarify. It behooves me to make some bets before year end as I had some winnings this year.

Tape Reader
10-28-2009, 05:00 PM
What are your "User Defined variables " ?

Generic tote board stuff: >ML at 10 MTP, < than ML at 0 MTP , rapid drop in odds in last few minutes, pass on races with less than 7 contenders, pass on horses less than 7-1, etc. I would like it as user friendly as possible as I am not a programmer.

Tape Reader
10-28-2009, 05:08 PM
Maybe he plays lots of exotic combos?

In any case, did you ask PA since he already has one? (And so does Mr. Bedo, now that I think about it.) I have made such programs myself a few times, although I don't know anything about the NYRA online betting platform. It is probably possible. Of course, with your large tax bill looming; I guess I'd like to see the money upfront, or I guess you could reveal to me your toteboard secrets, I can make a version for my personal use. And then once I've made $1000 with it I can give the program to you...

I really need someone that knows NYRA and all aspects of this project as I would be of no help. I'm sure that a satisfactory payment schedule could be agreed on.

CBedo
10-28-2009, 06:28 PM
I really need someone that knows NYRA and all aspects of this project as I would be of no help. I'm sure that a satisfactory payment schedule could be agreed on. This is one of the biggest issues with me. Given that I've never scraped or bet the NYRA platform, I'd be starting from scratch, which would probably mean much more than $1000 of work based on my hourly consulting rates. Sorry.

Tape Reader
10-28-2009, 08:30 PM
This is one of the biggest issues with me. Given that I've never scraped or bet the NYRA platform, I'd be starting from scratch, which would probably mean much more than $1000 of work based on my hourly consulting rates. Sorry.

Thank you for your honesty. This is the problem for made-to-order software. If only more tote bettors could see the beauty in auto-bet, there would be a market for, user defined, software.

CBedo
10-28-2009, 08:52 PM
Thank you for your honesty. This is the problem for made-to-order software. If only more tote bettors could see the beauty in auto-bet, there would be a market for, user defined, software.Yes, I dream of a day where all the tracks and ADWs see that computer handicappers and bettors can grow their business and make easy to use APIs for us all to integrate into our own programs.

njcurveball
10-28-2009, 10:34 PM
Yes, I dream of a day where all the tracks and ADWs see that computer handicappers and bettors can grow their business and make easy to use APIs for us all to integrate into our own programs.

Be careful what you wish for. Prices will move wildly depending on the order of bettors in the que. I would guess if this ever happened there would be pages and pages of posts on here by people who bet at 3-1 through their program and would up with 5-2 or 2-1 even though they bet at the last minute.

Each bet influences the next one when the money hits the pools, even in a batch format.

If there were enough money coming in late through batch programs, who is to stop a betting team driving up the odds with one account triggering bets on other horses and then betting the formerly short priced horse who is now at juicy odds.

A very similar thing happens in place and show pools. The 1 minute overlay quickly gets overbet.

If a horse who is legitimately 3-1 is sitting on the board at 5-1. ALL of the money coming in does not get 5-1. If you think we have changing late odds now, wait to see what happens if many computer handicappers are running batch betting programs at zero minutes to post.

Jim

CBedo
10-28-2009, 11:41 PM
Be careful what you wish for. Prices will move wildly depending on the order of bettors in the que. I would guess if this ever happened there would be pages and pages of posts on here by people who bet at 3-1 through their program and would up with 5-2 or 2-1 even though they bet at the last minute.

Each bet influences the next one when the money hits the pools, even in a batch format.

If there were enough money coming in late through batch programs, who is to stop a betting team driving up the odds with one account triggering bets on other horses and then betting the formerly short priced horse who is now at juicy odds.

A very similar thing happens in place and show pools. The 1 minute overlay quickly gets overbet.

If a horse who is legitimately 3-1 is sitting on the board at 5-1. ALL of the money coming in does not get 5-1. If you think we have changing late odds now, wait to see what happens if many computer handicappers are running batch betting programs at zero minutes to post.

JimThis already happens to my automated betting model right now!