Might be a good time to but....

skate
10-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Any thoughts?

I mean, i really mean, to Buy:)

NJ Stinks
10-27-2009, 06:08 PM
From what I've seen on TV, it may the best time to buy.

RaceBookJoe
10-27-2009, 06:28 PM
I would think that you could find a great deal. There are a ton of homes and office spaces just empty. I live in Henderson and a mile from me there is a shopping plaza that used to be filled...now i think it might be less than half full. rbj

Tom
10-27-2009, 08:56 PM
From what I've seen on TV, it may the best time to buy.

Watching CSI? :D

Grissom's house is up for sale.

Dave Schwartz
10-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Watching CSI?

You mean the one with the kinky lady? :lol:

juanepstein
10-27-2009, 11:46 PM
Any thoughts?

dont think so.

been to the fannie mae site- home path.com? was on it the other day and only got to the 140th page and theres 8 homes per page.thats just fannie mae not freddie mac or big banks.i saw a whole street of house that the bulider hasnt finished yet. brand spanking new,no landscaping,4 bed,3 baths for $90,000.

if you want to buy a home for yourself to live in great but for quick investments- no way.

the people with money are buying land for long term in really good neighborhoods like the beachs and hillsides from home builders that are unlaoding inventory to stay afloat.

im pretty sure everything is gonna blow up again because theres to many houses that have no one in them .i woud say hold like i am.

for quick turn around you have to find that piece of junk in the great neighborhood were people wanna live. like here in palms springs isnt to bad.

lamboguy
10-28-2009, 12:08 AM
instead of owning your home the american dream has turned into renting it

juanepstein
10-28-2009, 12:29 AM
instead of owning your home the american dream has turned into renting it

ive been thinking about buying up a few double wides close together in a nice park and lease out just for that reason.

nice parks out here in palm springs.

skate
10-28-2009, 05:29 PM
i wasnt thinking about turning over, just something to leave behind.

not a better place to play the horses.

Not a condo , but a house w/ low Maintenance, one cactus maybe.

JustRalph
10-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Watching CSI? :D

yeah, but can you imagine what kind of insects might inhabit that place?

DJofSD
10-28-2009, 05:36 PM
I don't think it's a good investment.

If the economy recovers, and, if people start to flock back to LV to the same levels as two years ago, then and only then will you see any kind of upward price movement that would allow you to make money on the investment.

However, if you're just looking to buy and live in it without any great expectations on a ROI then go for it. It's a buyers market.

nvemil
10-28-2009, 11:10 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704222704574499111253111876.html

skate
10-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Welp, if it were just the economy, then i'd have to look into China or Iraq.

Not the US, but things will turn...

Dick Schmidt
10-30-2009, 03:10 AM
Skate,

Rule of thumb that has seved me well: buy when no one else is buying, sell when everyone else is sure prices will go up forever. I own more property than I did 2 years ago, or even last year and I think I will do well. Those who look only 2 or 3 years ahead will wait until RE is on the move again and then bemoan that they missed the best deals. The trick to being a good investor (or horse player) is to listen to no one else, do what you think is right for you. In real estate, you need to look 10-15 years out.

Remember, the true secret to making money is to go the oposite direction from "everyone else". The majority is always wrong.

Dick

"Don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?"
"Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

ddog
10-30-2009, 11:10 AM
depends who YOUR "everyone else" is.

jballscalls
10-30-2009, 11:19 AM
my goal in 20 years is to retire, buy a nice place in Southern Highlands and live out my days in the desert!

DJofSD
10-30-2009, 11:30 AM
my goal in 20 years is to retire, buy a nice place in Southern Highlands and live out my days in the desert!

Mr. Dryden: Lawrence, only two kinds of creature get fun in the desert: Bedouins and gods, and you're neither. Take it from me, for ordinary men, it's a burning, fiery furnace.

T.E. Lawrence: No, Dryden, it's going to be fun.

Mr. Dryden: It is recognized that you have a funny sense of fun.