PDA

View Full Version : Godolphin's Army

11cashcall
10-27-2009, 10:56 AM
They certainly are spicing things up!

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/racing-news/2009/October/26/Godolphin-assembling-record-Breeders’-Cup-roster.ASPX

Gorgeous George
10-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Mastery in the Breeders cup marathon is their best chance.

OTM Al
10-27-2009, 12:01 PM
Gayego has been in good form and did just fine last out at SA, so I think he should have a shot in the Sprint. This could again be a huge field, so the draw will be important.

I thought Delegator would be a big player in the mile last summer, but his last was disappointing. I still may use him a little bit.

I really liked Buzzword in his last, and while 5th, he was not terrible.

Godolphin had such a poor start this season, but then had an unbelievably strong late summer. They seem to be tailing off a bit though so it is a bit difficult to judge their stable right now. The races where they have multiple runners may give a bit more of a hint of which they feel is the better runner by who they put up on the horses.

Greyfox
10-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Having bought up some of the best racing stock for the last umpteen years shouldn't we expect Godolphin to win its share or more? They invaded Britain, next stop Amerca.

juanepstein
10-27-2009, 08:50 PM
they sent Kirklees (Godolphin) to the caulfield cup couple weeks ago and it completely flopped. both euro where the big favs. luca cumani owned the other runner Cima De Triomphe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDTc1yZWc9M

Market Mover
10-27-2009, 10:08 PM
they sent Kirklees (Godolphin) to the caulfield cup couple weeks ago and it completely flopped. both euro where the big favs. luca cumani owned the other runner Cima De Triomphe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDTc1yZWc9M

Any Godolphin horses being aimed for the Melbourne Cup?

juanepstein
10-27-2009, 11:14 PM

kirklees and cime de triumph could be hanging around. no news on others but my pick is VIGOR. he came out of the widest post and ran huge in the caulfield cup. he needs a better post because i belive hes warming up at the right time.

Changingoftheguard from the aiden obrien stable could be showing up.

Gorgeous George
10-28-2009, 06:43 AM
kirklees and cime de triumph could be hanging around. no news on others but my pick is VIGOR. he came out of the widest post and ran huge in the caulfield cup. he needs a better post because i belive hes warming up at the right time.

Changingoftheguard from the aiden obrien stable could be showing up.

Not with o'brien anymore he was sold to David Hayes. He had a slight injury a couple of weeks ago and missed a prep race so is going straight to the melbourne cup.

juanepstein
10-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Not with o'brien anymore he was sold to David Hayes. He had a slight injury a couple of weeks ago and missed a prep race so is going straight to the melbourne cup.

nice

wonder whos gonna ride. craig williams or brad rawiller

Market Mover
10-29-2009, 12:09 AM
nice

wonder whos gonna ride. craig williams or brad rawiller

craig williams on fire since his comeback...think he's going to score big in one of this upcoming weekend's aussie G1s...

juanepstein
11-02-2009, 03:38 PM

melbourne cup is tonight brotha.

changingofthegaurd has to pass a pre race vet exam to get in and vigors is out. vigors was my pick so now i have to re evaluate everything again.