PDA

View Full Version : SEA THE STARS TO STAND IN IRELAND

Gorgeous George
10-27-2009, 08:56 AM
Sea The Stars is to stand at the Aga Khan's Gilltown Stud in County Kildare.
Owners the Tsui family had been considering various options for their brilliant colt after he was officially retired a couple of weeks ago.

"After considering options we have decided to stand Sea The Stars in Ireland at Gilltown Stud, with His Highness the Aga Khan," Ling Tsui, mother of his registered owner Christopher Tsui, said in a statement.

"Gilltown is an ideal stud for Sea The Stars to thrive and develop as a stallion and there is no more appropriate place for him to stand than in his homeland and close to Currabeg where he was trained by John Oxx.

"His Highness was kind enough to let us stand Sea The Stars at Gilltown while keeping ownership of him and we are most grateful.

"The staff and facilities at Gilltown are top class and Sea The Stars will enjoy his stay there."

Sea The Stars is potentially the most valuable stallion on the planet after rounding off his three-year-old career unbeaten in six Group Ones.

The Aga Khan added: "Mrs Tsui and Christopher's decision to entrust the future career at stud of Sea The Stars to Gilltown Stud farm brings to everyone at the Aga Khan Studs, as well as to me personally, the greatest happiness.

"We are all proud to have such a remarkable athlete join the Aga Khan stallions at stud, and we are convinced that the Aga Khan mares, who have produced outstanding racehorses during the last 50 years, will breed very well indeed to Sea The Stars.

"Mrs Tsui and Christopher's decision is certainly one of the most important developments for my operation since I inherited it in 1960.

"I am also most pleased that Mrs Tsui and Christopher will be developing their own breeding operation with the help of their magnificent horse, Sea The Stars.

"This horse could also help develop relations to bring Chinese investment into the European bloodstock market."

The Aga Khan has his own exciting proposition for the colt.

He continued "I look forward to the earliest opportunity to send my unbeaten champion Zarkava to Sea The Stars.

"I believe the last two Arc winners were made for each other both in terms of ability, temperament and conformation. The best needs to be bred to the best."
__________________________________________________ _______________

I wonder what the foal will be worth when STS covers Zarkava???