PDA

View Full Version : The Blind Side

CBedo
10-26-2009, 03:22 PM
I just saw a trailer for a Sandra Bullock movie, The Blind Side. I didn't realize this movie was being made. It was a great book, that I would recommend to all. The Blind Side: The Evolution of the Game was written by Michael Lewis, the author of Moneyball (and Liar's Poker) is a great look at the rise of the importance of the left tackle in the nfl (thank you Lawrence Taylor), and the human story about an poor inner city Memphis kid (Michael Oher) and his journey towards the NFL.

I'm sure the movie will be good (all football movies are good!), but don't just settle for the movie. Read the book! If you are a football fan, you won't be able to put it down once you start it.

rrbauer
10-26-2009, 06:39 PM
I just saw a trailer for a Sandra Bullock movie, The Blind Side. I didn't realize this movie was being made. It was a great book, that I would recommend to all. The Blind Side: The Evolution of the Game was written by Michael Lewis, the author of Moneyball (and Liar's Poker) is a great look at the rise of the importance of the left tackle in the nfl (thank you Lawrence Taylor), and the human story about an poor inner city Memphis kid (Michael Oher) and his journey towards the NFL.

I'm sure the movie will be good (all football movies are good!), but don't just settle for the movie. Read the book! If you are a football fan, you won't be able to put it down once you start it.

I'll take your word about the appeal of the book. However, LT was a linebacker not a left tackle.

Quagmire
10-26-2009, 06:46 PM
I'll take your word about the appeal of the book. However, LT was a linebacker not a left tackle.

LT made the left tackle the most important spot on the O line by his blitzing from most QB's "blindside" He changed the way teams protect the QB.

cj's dad
10-26-2009, 07:09 PM
And Micheal Oher is a Raven - he will hopefully be in the purple and white for a long time.

CBedo
10-26-2009, 07:21 PM
LT made the left tackle the most important spot on the O line by his blitzing from most QB's "blindside" He changed the way teams protect the QB.Thanks for explaining that for me so I didn't have to make a snide comment. :bang:

LT changed the way offenses pass blocked. He is almost single handedly responsible for driving up the cost of a left tackle.

Valuist
10-26-2009, 07:24 PM
Speaking of Lawrence Taylor, did anyone see the hit Adrian Peterson laid out on the Steeler DB William Gay? Gay was in position to make the tackle head on and Peterson ran over him like a bug. When Peterson came out, I knew he had quickness and elusiveness, but his power is very impressive. Imagine Earl Campbell with much better speed.

CBedo
10-26-2009, 07:25 PM
I just watched the trailers, and in them, they appear to make the story about Sandra Bullock's character, who plays the mom. Although she was definitely an important character in the book, I will disappointed if they made this thing out to be about her.

Another reason to READ THE BOOK!

CBedo
10-26-2009, 07:27 PM
Speaking of Lawrence Taylor, did anyone see the hit Adrian Peterson laid out on the Steeler DB William Gay? Gay was in position to make the tackle head on and Peterson ran over him like a bug. When Peterson came out, I knew he had quickness and elusiveness, but his power is very impressive. Imagine Earl Campbell with much better speed.It would be a pretty cool video to put that hit side by side with the video of Early planting his helmet in the DBs chest.

cj's dad
10-26-2009, 07:52 PM
It would be a pretty cool video to put that hit side by side with the video of Early planting his helmet in the DBs chest.

Or Bo Jackson - Auburn - (my nominee for the greatest athlete in my lifetime) running over Brian Bosworth (Oklahoma),

BB never recovered from the embarrassment and went on to become a 2nd rate actor.

CBedo
10-26-2009, 08:29 PM
Or Bo Jackson - Auburn - (my nominee for the greatest athlete in my lifetime) running over Brian Bosworth (Oklahoma),

BB never recovered from the embarrassment and went on to become a 2nd rate actor.Saying he was 2nd rate might be giving him too much credit!

Growing up in Texas, I was a huge Earl Campbell fan. I got to meet him as a kid, and I used to go as him for Halloween every year (I was oblivious to some slight pigment differences we had). He was truly amazing. I have been comparing Adrian Petersen to him for some time.