PDA

View Full Version : This is a nice %

the_fat_man
10-25-2009, 01:40 PM
On 9/28 KD was able to fully time only 5 of their 12 races.

I remember reading over the summer that the owner wanted to shut down (or something like that).

My question is WHY is this track even operating? If they (and all the others that also consistently) can't time their races they should be shut down. They can take peoples' money but maybe it's time that they gave something back. Maybe expecting comprehensively accurate data is too much to ask but can they at least TIME their races. Even if they can't get it exact put a ****in number in the chart. There's got to be someone at the track with a stopwatch.

And how stupid does EQUIBASE look by PDFing, ENCRYPTING, and limiting the availability of these charts so they can protect their precious CRAP data.

illinoisbred
10-25-2009, 04:04 PM
Don't they change their layout/configuration from year to year? I remember stopping at the rest stop on the interstate and looking over the field which is KD,there was no indentifable course. Malfunctioning, incorrect, or total lack of timing is a serious issue which too many tracks seem to ignore.

ManeMediaMogul
10-25-2009, 08:15 PM
Sport versus handicapping information.

The sport is my horse can beat your horse.

Enter gambling.

How can I beat the other people out of their money?

If I time the races...I'll have an edge.
If I time the workouts...I'll have an edge.
If I construct pace figures...I'll have an edge.

The information we have is a privilege, not a right. Racing fans in other countries would die for a chart or some speed figures.

If you don't have an accurate timing system...don't construct pace figures.
If you don't get up and clock...don't call the clockers crooks.
If you don't have an edge...don't bet.

Just enjoy the sport.

the_fat_man
10-25-2009, 08:44 PM
Right.............................

I feel blessed and honored that the race tracks and Equibase have allowed me to bet their races and use their crappy data.

wtf are you smoking?

speed
10-25-2009, 10:09 PM
They have to operate even a tiny race meet so they may simulcast year round.

nearco
10-25-2009, 11:13 PM
They bill themselves as "America's only European style race course", so it makes sense they would throw the fractionals out the window.
Anyway, they gave you the finish time for every race, what more do you need in a 1½m race over an kidney shaped course and up and down hills.

the_fat_man
10-25-2009, 11:14 PM
:bang::bang:

:lol::lol:

hazzardm
10-26-2009, 02:30 PM
KD is way up the list of tracks I wish to visit. I'm a firm believere in tailgating :)

Bettowin
10-26-2009, 03:17 PM
KD is way up the list of tracks I wish to visit. I'm a firm believere in tailgating :)

I think LIRM lives near that track. We had dinner a couple months ago and he mentioned starting an annual party event at his home when the meet is running. Something I wouldn't miss:)

46zilzal
10-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Laying out a track for timing is a large undertaking. You have to have discernible and repetitive points of call. That place looks very backwards

ManeMediaMogul
10-26-2009, 06:26 PM
Right.............................

I feel blessed and honored that the race tracks and Equibase have allowed me to bet their races and use their crappy data.

wtf are you smoking?

"Who says I can't get stoned?"

hazzardm
10-26-2009, 08:23 PM
I think LIRM lives near that track. We had dinner a couple months ago and he mentioned starting an annual party event at his home when the meet is running. Something I wouldn't miss:)

LIRM and I hooked up a couple times for beer. I think it would make a pretty fun weekend.