PDA

View Full Version : more neocon buffoonery

Hank
10-25-2009, 01:20 AM
Limbaugh takes to the airwaves attacking Obama, quoting a completely fraudulent college thesis.This idiot doesn't even fact check a source before opening his yap,and all of his worshipers believe everything that comes out of his fat mouth.:lol::lol:

bigmack
10-25-2009, 01:58 AM
I've heard WalMart has discounted meds if you're unable to afford them through your regular provider. Share with us the name of your Shrink & we'll be happy to vouch for your need to up your meds.

Meanwhile, have a seat in the lounge and we'll soon explore the potential of your being improperly toilet trained.

Show Me the Wire
10-25-2009, 08:23 AM
Limbaugh takes to the airwaves attacking Obama, quoting a completely fraudulent college thesis.This idiot doesn't even fact check a source before opening his yap,and all of his worshipers believe everything that comes out of his fat mouth.:lol::lol:

What is worse a news organiztion that makes up false stories and manufactures evidence to support its position or an entertainer not fact checking entertaining speech?

In the real world the buffoonery is the newsperson that takkes to the airwaves to attack a sitting president with fraudelant sources.

I think you know which discredited news anchor I am talking about. The one, that recently lost his lawsuit, against his former employer.

No comparison between a an entertainer and a newsperson. Entertainers do not have to fact check their opinions. Your ire is totally misplaced. Unless you are advocating CNN's approach about fact checking comedy skits, while not fact checking hard news sources.

I don't understand why progressive liberals become so upset over entertainment? Fact checking a comedy sketch, the concept is funnier than the original comedic sketch itself.

It is really overreaching by the progressives when they want to impose fact checking into entertainment and comedy. These authoritarian control freaks are really a sad bunch.

Snag
10-25-2009, 09:46 AM

Hank, I have to believe you either didn't listen to Rush's comments and you're just repeating someone else's talking points or you didn't listen to the whole bit Rush did when he was talking about the thesis.

If you were listening, you would have heard him say it was a spoof. If you came into the middle of it, I can understand your comment but would strongly suggest you listen to the whole thing before calling him names.

If you were just repeating someone else, shame on you.

ArlJim78
10-25-2009, 09:51 AM
during the broadcast Limbaugh's team did the fact checking, and he pointed out that the story wasn't sourced and might be satire. he then asked why did that even matter because the so-called news media runs with unchecked bogus stories about him, and nobody bats an eyelash.

you've got the media focused like a laser fact checking critical entertainment like SNL or Limbaugh, but they didn't do any critical investigations of their own. Where are the fact checkers on any Obama speech? The lies he tells should keep them busy for days. Oh wait, what am I thinking? you don't fact check your own boss unless you want to get fired or investigated or added to the enemies list with everyone else.

They're a joke. Of course all this wouldn't have happened if you could find a single shred of evidence of Obama's school years. No papers exist including this mysterious thesis and nobody at Columbia remembers him.

Hank
10-25-2009, 10:01 AM
I've heard WalMart has discounted meds if you're unable to afford them through your regular provider. Share with us the name of your Shrink & we'll be happy to vouch for your need to up your meds.

Meanwhile, have a seat in the lounge and we'll soon explore the potential of your being improperly toilet trained.

Your concern for my well being is heartwarming,however I must warn you that off your meds type post are frowned upon By PA,oh wait my bad thats only if you're not a right wingnut, never mind you're fine here.

Hank
10-25-2009, 10:13 AM
What is worse a news organiztion that makes up false stories and manufactures evidence to support its position or an entertainer not fact checking entertaining speech?

In the real world the buffoonery is the newsperson that takkes to the airwaves to attack a sitting president with fraudelant sources.

I think you know which discredited news anchor I am talking about. The one, that recently lost his lawsuit, against his former employer.

No comparison between a an entertainer and a newsperson. Entertainers do not have to fact check their opinions. Your ire is totally misplaced. Unless you are advocating CNN's approach about fact checking comedy skits, while not fact checking hard news sources.

I don't understand why progressive liberals become so upset over entertainment? Fact checking a comedy sketch, the concept is funnier than the original comedic sketch itself.

It is really overreaching by the progressives when they want to impose fact checking into entertainment and comedy. These authoritarian control freaks are really a sad bunch.

You make some good points,unfortunately most of Rush's listeners are not bright enough to grasp that he is a comedian and take what he spouts as gospel.

cj's dad
10-25-2009, 10:32 AM
You make some good points,unfortunately most of Rush's listeners are not bright enough to grasp that he is a comedian and take what he spouts as gospel.

Interesting that you know most of the millions of people that listen to El Rushbo.

boxcar
10-25-2009, 10:43 AM
Interesting that you know most of the millions of people that listen to El Rushbo.

There Hank goes projecting again... :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Rookies
10-25-2009, 10:48 AM

D, few of us do 'natch, although it is very entertaining to see people from your side of the batter's box, consistently quote the EXACT words, names and phrases used by El Windbag earlier in the day to illustrate their slant.

But get your pencils, crayons and stilletos sharpened. Flushed is gonna appear on FNS next week.

And what's the under/over on questions critical of his guest do you think Chris Wallace ( who I normally respect) will offer ? An integer between -1 & +1, je pense... ;)

jballscalls
10-25-2009, 10:57 AM
i dont know who is more loyal to their respective messiah, the left to obama, or the right to rush

cj's dad
10-25-2009, 10:57 AM
D, few of us do 'natch, although it is very entertaining to see people from your side of the batter's box, consistently quote the EXACT words, names and phrases used by El Windbag earlier in the day to illustrate their slant.

But get your pencils, crayons and stilletos sharpened. Flushed is gonna appear on FNS next week.

And what's the under/over on questions critical of his guest do you think Chris Wallace ( who I normally respect) will offer ? An integer between -1 & +1, je pense... ;)

To the best of my memory, I for one have never quoted RL; I rarely listen to the guy.

My opinions, for better or worse are mine alone.

Hank
10-25-2009, 11:25 AM

Gee lets see ,does the term dittohead ring a bell.:rolleyes:

cj's dad
10-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Gee lets see ,does the term dittohead ring a bell.:rolleyes:

For a lefty, you sure seem to know quite a bit about the Rush L show and its' terminology.:confused:

Show Me the Wire
10-25-2009, 12:13 PM

Your above qoute reflects my exact criticism of the progressive left elitist ideas. You assume most people do not know the difference.

The not knowing a difference between fact and fiction is rooted in the left, as the bellieved a manufactured story about a sitting preident, solely based on the idealogy. The left is so gullible and easily mislead through the manufactured image that the left is more educated and informed than people with opposite views.

Sure I want to look educated and informed, so I will believe the agenda. No questioning or critical thought is applied, because I want to be popular and think I am intelligent. :lol: People like that are easily led. Maybe that is why Obama remarked dems do what they are told.

NJ Stinks
10-25-2009, 12:32 PM
The left is so gullible and easily mislead through the manufactured image that the left is more educated and informed than people with opposite views.

OK, Show Me. Show me. Present some stats with links that prove what you said above. Surely this "manufactured image" that the left is more educated can easily be disproved.

I look forward to your response.

toetoe
10-25-2009, 12:40 PM

That's exactly why we need geniuses like Van Jones, Warren Ballentine, Sonia Sotomayor, Joe Biden and Al Franken to tell the listeners how to feel.

"Ba-a-a-ad listeners." (:Wagging index finger.)

toetoe
10-25-2009, 12:56 PM
... for the omission of the Clown Prince of Morality and Pure Genius, Mr. Jonathan Stuart "Proud to Be Jewish" Leibowitz. Gawd, he's so funny, too. :sleeping:

jballscalls
10-25-2009, 01:26 PM
... for the omission of the Clown Prince of Morality and Pure Genius, Mr. Jonathan Stuart "Proud to Be Jewish" Leibowitz. Gawd, he's so funny, too. :sleeping:

how you and I feel about Stewart is exactly how most on the left feel about limbaugh. just some douchebag with a microphone and a big loyal audience. they are exactly the same except for their positions on issues, but one is no better or worse than the other

Tom
10-25-2009, 01:40 PM
Let's review this. Almost all the libs here never address a fact, merely attack the person. To his credit, Hank tried to attack a fact. He got it wrong, but give him credit, he tried. After being exposed, he fell right back into the attack mode, but give him credit for his 15 seconds at tring to be fair and balanced.

And Rookies for his consistency. :lol:

jballscalls
10-25-2009, 01:47 PM
Let's review this. Almost all the libs here never address a fact, merely attack the person. To his credit, Hank tried to attack a fact. He got it wrong, but give him credit, he tried. After being exposed, he fell right back into the attack mode, but give him credit for his 15 seconds at tring to be fair and balanced.

And Rookies for his consistency. :lol:

"I've heard Walmart has discounted meds if your unable to afford them. give us the name of your shrink and we'll be happy to vouch for your need to up your meds" ---attack by a lib on this thread

"The progressive left's ELITIST ideas" another name calling by a lib in this thread

wow your right Tom! they always fall back on that

bigmack
10-25-2009, 02:02 PM
wow your right Tom! they always fall back on that
Yes, he is right. Irrespective of my swipe which was prompted by:
This idiot doesn't even fact check a source before opening his yap,and all of his worshipers believe everything that comes out of his fat mouth.
I disagree with Tom, Hank was using a personal attack. Show me where anyone from the usual suspects didn't in this thread.

Idiot, fat, yap. Just make your point. No need to include vendettas. Thus, my little doo wah ditty. :p

mostpost
10-25-2009, 02:04 PM
I saw this yesterday and was going to post it today, but you beat me to it.
Your opinion is absolutely correct. Naturally you have received the typical neocon abuse and misrepresentation.
They say "Rush is an entertainer" as if this excuses him from the truth. John Stewart, Stephen Colbert, and Bill Maher are also entertainers, but their commentary and comedy ate based on fact. Rush on the other hand is a fraud. His shtick is based on lies. Rush was so anxious to "pin" this one on Obama that he could not wait to have it verified. Here is the transcript from Rush's own website:
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_102309/content/01125107.guest.html
Rush talks about the "thesis" for several paragraphs. Four times we see the words "Break in Transcript." I believe these indicate a commercial break. It is only after the fourth of these breaks that Rush comes back and says "Gee folks, we may have made a mistake." Then he excuses it by claiming, "People have lied about me." What a tool!!!!
Once again Rush uses lies to move forward his agenda, and once again his synchophants (dittoheads) "RUSH" to his defense. The problem is not that he lies, the problem is the many people who believe his lies and thus act contrary to their own best interests.

jballscalls
10-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Yes, he is right. Irrespective of my swipe which was prompted by:

I disagree with Tom, Hank was using a personal attack. Show me where anyone from the usual suspects didn't in this thread.

Idiot, fat, yap. Just make your point. No need to include vendettas. Thus, my little doo wah ditty. :p

Hank was attacking a public figure which we all know is accepted based on how Rush, Palin, Obama, Biden, and even Jon Stewart in this thread are attacked on a daily basis. and countless others on here and everywhere, is generally accepted, even though it is in general a low class move.

You on the other hand made a personal attack on Hank, which as we know if a violation of the rules here on PA.

the only way you were attacked is if you consider yourself a 'worshipper' of limbaugh, then in that case, he definately made an attack that the "worshippers" are sheep, and thus it would be a personal attack.

so surely you are equally upset when the righties on here say horrible distasteful things about obama, stewart, olbermann, because obviously you were upset by the attack on Rush.

bigmack
10-25-2009, 02:39 PM
the only way you were attacked is if you consider yourself a 'worshipper' of limbaugh, then in that case, he definately made an attack that the "worshippers" are sheep, and thus it would be a personal attack
Me, personally attacked? :lol: Come on man, get off it. If I struck a chord with the whole Med thing know that it was in good fun. I laughed, still am.

Violation of the rules huh? I should be flogged.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/58.gif

Show Me the Wire
10-25-2009, 03:20 PM
OK, Show Me. Show me. Present some stats with links that prove what you said above. Surely this "manufactured image" that the left is more educated can easily be disproved.

I look forward to your response.

There are no stats for manipulation. Read the DU board and see all the crowing about how much more educated the DU posters are compared to conservative posters. If you have spent anytime in academia you will see the same.

Flattery is a form of brainwashing. Ever hear of positive and negative reinforcement? Your posting shows a lack of understanding of human nature.

Hank's posting fit the mold, he implied more educated people need to protect the less gifted from Rush and his ilk. A bit presumptious to assume you know what is best for other people to believe, isn't it?

The flattery of telling progressives they are more educated and therefore more capable to decide for people in general is a strategy, just like the Alinski strategy to delegitimize an opponent's postion by attacking the opponent and not the issues.

There are many illustrative examples on this board. Zilly is one prime example.

It is a shame you do not see through the sham about manipulation working both ways. Duplicity abounds in the progressive left.

toetoe
10-25-2009, 03:41 PM
John Stewart, Stephen Colbert, and Bill Maher are also entertainers, but their commentary and comedy ate based on fact. Rush on the other hand is a fraud. His shtick is based on lies.

Oh, that Rush Lame Blah might be as entertaining ... :sleeping: ... oops, where was I ? Oh, yeah, as entertaining as Messrs. Coldbeer, Maher Baba and Stuart Little Leibowitz. Of course, he'll never measure up intellectually. :rolleyes: .

Good for you, 'Post, for at least stepping out beyond the usual "You're overreacting" admonition. Glad to hear it. :) .

Show Me the Wire
10-25-2009, 03:54 PM
Oh, that Rush Lame Blah might be as entertaining ... :sleeping: ... oops, where was I ? Oh, yeah, as entertaining as Messrs. Coldbeer, Maher Baba and Stuart Little Leibowitz. Of course, he'll never measure up intellectually. :rolleyes: .

Good for you, 'Post, for at least stepping out beyond the usual "You're overreacting" admonition. Glad to hear it. :) .

Yeah like Oberman exaggerating his educational background as Ivy League. Another great example of the progressive left's strategy of manufacturing the image of having the more educated population.

jballscalls
10-25-2009, 04:04 PM
Yeah like Oberman exaggerating his educational background as Ivy League. Another great example of the progressive left's strategy of manufacturing the image of having the more educated population.

Dare i say the left is more formally educated but the right is more inteligent. I think time in the real world working tends to make someone far more intelligent that sitting in a classroom.

Tom
10-25-2009, 04:12 PM

Yeah, me too, but I took poetic license to take a poke at Hank! Tee hee hee.:blush:

Tom
10-25-2009, 04:18 PM
I saw this yesterday and was going to post it today, but you beat me to it. Your opinion is absolutely correct. Naturally you have received the typical neocon abuse and misrepresentation.

Yes you saw part of it. You did not listen in real time when it aired. That is why you just made a fool yourself again. I heard it live. I knew what it was about. From the get go. You found something that seemingly made Rush look bad and jumped all over it. Listen here is a tip - Rush is just too much over your head - don't listen to him or read about him. You just cannot handle his level. Stick to MSNBC, or CNN, home of the Jeopary Champs! :lol:

bigmack
10-25-2009, 04:20 PM
Yeah, me too, but I took poetic license to take a poke at Hank! Tee hee hee.:blush:
I hope Hank is OK

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/10_25_09_13_18_20.png

mostpost
10-25-2009, 05:03 PM
Yes you saw part of it. You did not listen in real time when it aired. That is why you just made a fool yourself again. I heard it live. I knew what it was about. From the get go. You found something that seemingly made Rush look bad and jumped all over it. Listen here is a tip - Rush is just too much over your head - don't listen to him or read about him. You just cannot handle his level. Stick to MSNBC, or CNN, home of the Jeopary Champs! :lol:
I did not listen to it in real time. I try not to throw up during the day (Or night). I read the transcript. I can read. Apparently you can not listen. In the transcript Rush went on for sixteen paragraphs before finally acknowledging that the thesis might be bogus. This was in the second hour of the show. Prior to that it was absolutely clear that he fell for it hook line and sinker, or that he did not care.
At the end of the transcript Rush says:
RUSH: I'm also told that the blog containing the passage on Obama's thesis is a satire blog. So it's one of these sites like ScrappleFace or The Onion or some such thing. So I shout from the mountaintops: "It was satire!"
It was satire on the blog. It was not satire by Rush, because he presented it as truth. After he was found out he pretended it was satire, and you being the loyal little dittohead you are were duped.....again

Tom
10-25-2009, 06:23 PM
Clear to you. Those are the operative words here. :lol::lol::lol:

Snag
10-25-2009, 06:58 PM
I did not listen to it in real time. I try not to throw up during the day (Or night). I read the transcript. I can read. Apparently you can not listen. In the transcript Rush went on for sixteen paragraphs before finally acknowledging that the thesis might be bogus. This was in the second hour of the show. Prior to that it was absolutely clear that he fell for it hook line and sinker, or that he did not care.
At the end of the transcript Rush says:

It was satire on the blog. It was not satire by Rush, because he presented it as truth. After he was found out he pretended it was satire, and you being the loyal little dittohead you are were duped.....again

So now you want to do the programing for Rush? You know when he knew?

Give us all a break. You and those wanting to make it a problem for Rush are dead in the water. Spin, spin, spin on.

NJ Stinks
10-25-2009, 07:06 PM
There are no stats for manipulation. Read the DU board and see all the crowing about how much more educated the DU posters are compared to conservative posters. If you have spent anytime in academia you will see the same.

Flattery is a form of brainwashing. Ever hear of positive and negative reinforcement? Your posting shows a lack of understanding of human nature.

Hank's posting fit the mold, he implied more educated people need to protect the less gifted from Rush and his ilk. A bit presumptious to assume you know what is best for other people to believe, isn't it?

The flattery of telling progressives they are more educated and therefore more capable to decide for people in general is a strategy, just like the Alinski strategy to delegitimize an opponent's postion by attacking the opponent and not the issues.

There are many illustrative examples on this board. Zilly is one prime example.

It is a shame you do not see through the sham about manipulation working both ways. Duplicity abounds in the progressive left.

Here's a link that shows that most of the top 10 states in education are blue and the bottom 10 are all red. I'm still waiting for a link from you proving otherwise. No lecture required.

http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/departments/elearning/Default.aspx?article=mosteducatedstates

toetoe
10-25-2009, 07:14 PM
Enjay,

The top ten states are still full of morons. How do I know ? Bill Maher Baba said so.

What are the geniuses' degrees in --- Lesbian Goddess Empowerment, Mother Earth Protection and Green Theological Studies ?

Tom
10-25-2009, 07:39 PM
Here's a link that shows that most of the top 10 states in education are blue and the bottom 10 are all red. I'm still waiting for a link from you proving otherwise. No lecture required.

http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/departments/elearning/Default.aspx?article=mosteducatedstates

Question, do you really think that means anything?

Show Me the Wire
10-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Question, do you really think that means anything?

I am wondering the same, Tom. I will give another example of the strategy, The Obama administration is telling the non-critical media look how intelligent you guys are. You do not need to pander to the unwashed masses like FOX news. Your audience is much more educated and is not interested in whether or not ACORN is aiding and abetting illegal activities or about the extreme views of the administrations czars and advisors.

NJ Stinks
10-25-2009, 09:32 PM
I am wondering the same, Tom. I will give another example of the strategy, The Obama administration is telling the non-critical media look how intelligent you guys are. You do not need to pander to the unwashed masses like FOX news. Your audience is much more educated and is not interested in whether or not ACORN is aiding and abetting illegal activities or about the extreme views of the administrations czars and advisors.

You brought it up - not me. You made a statement that is wrong. You used the term "manufactured image". Guess what? It's not manufactured.

The Acorn issue is not even on the radar screen when it comes to major issues this country is facing. Conservatives got all the mileage they could get with it. Good for you.

PaceAdvantage
10-25-2009, 09:48 PM
In reference to BigMack's "med" post, you guys must think I am on here 24/7 and able to edit and/or delete a post as it is made.

I assure you, I am not...

So what do I do now, that I am reading this thread for the first time ONLY NOW, in the middle of watching my beloved Yankees load the bases in the fourth with one out?

Do I now go through the entire thread, deleting all references to BigMack's "med" post (and there have been many) and then go delete Mack's original post?

Or do I just let it go and be branded a "right wing sympathizer who lets the righties get away with murder around here..."

I'm going to opt for the easy way out this time...

BTW, the Yankees just took the lead on a two-run Johnny Damon base hit...I'm a happy man for the time being!!!

PaceAdvantage
10-25-2009, 09:49 PM
Oh, and I believe in my heart of hearts that HANK only started this thread because he was pissed off that I praised him in that thread a few days ago...he wants to be on my shit list, but I won't let that happen...

Sorry Hank...:lol:

Tom
10-25-2009, 09:51 PM
:( I miss ljb.

bigmack
10-25-2009, 09:58 PM
:( I miss ljb.
As do I. At least he brought game. These guys are rank amateurs.

PA - That was a ball to walk ARod?

PaceAdvantage
10-25-2009, 09:59 PM
PA - That was a ball to walk ARod?According to "FoxTrak" or whatever that grid is called...it was....;)

BTW, for those who miss LJB...don't worry...he's still here...but I won't "out" him...:lol:

bigmack
10-25-2009, 10:02 PM
BTW, for those who miss LJB...don't worry...he's still here...but I won't "out" him...:lol:
Righto. Perhaps in the same sex thread.

delayjf
10-27-2009, 10:14 AM
unfortunately most of Rush's listeners are not bright enough to grasp that he is a comedian and take what he spouts as gospel.
Well, apparently not in this case. There are plently of Lefty Limbaughs out there, most of them have teaching gigs, especially at Ivy League universities.

jballscalls
10-27-2009, 01:38 PM
, in the middle of watching my beloved Yankees load the bases in the fourth with one out?

!!!

i didn't know it was possible for me to have more things with to disagree with you on!! ugggh, no team i hate more then them, and my uncle was even their pitching coach for 10 years.

enjoy the ride, they are playing great ball!

46zilzal
10-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Well, apparently not in this case. There are plently of Lefty Limbaughs out there, most of them have teaching gigs, especially at Ivy League universities.
It always amazes me the condemnation from people who have NEVER STEPPED into a university class room long enough to know what acutually goes on there bemoaning what they ASSUME takes place

jballscalls
10-27-2009, 01:51 PM
It always amazes me the condemnation from people who have NEVER STEPPED into a university class room long enough to know what acutually goes on there bemoaning what they ASSUME takes place

gotta agree with you here. I went to the U of Washington which i'm sure is considered by the right a super liberal institution and it very well may be. But i came out of there, voted for Bush twice and McCain, so obviously they aren't brainwashing people!

I think most university folks are liberal because they genuinely think that equality and peace and love for everyone and helping your fellow man is the right thing to do. atleast my liberal university friends think that way. and they all work and have jobs and pay taxes too, which i know many of the righties here on PA dont think actually happens.

46zilzal
10-27-2009, 01:55 PM
gotta agree with you here. I went to the U of Washington Beautiful campus and a great football stadium. First class medical school too.

16-13 over the SChit Trojans...Go huskies.

Tom
10-27-2009, 04:44 PM

Like you do about Rush and FOX News? :lol::lol::lol:
Universities have performed far more lobotomies than hospitals!

NJ Stinks
10-27-2009, 05:34 PM
I went to a Catholic college that was not liberal in any sense of the word. It didn't take me long to figure out they had things all wrong! :D

Hank
10-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Like you do about Rush and FOX News? :lol::lol::lol:
Universities have performed far more lobotomies than hospitals!

Pre-op research pays off huh.:lol:

skate
10-27-2009, 05:44 PM
You brought it up - not me. You made a statement that is wrong. You used the term "manufactured image". Guess what? It's not manufactured.

The Acorn issue is not even on the radar screen when it comes to major issues this country is facing. Conservatives got all the mileage they could get with it. Good for you.

The acorn issue is somewhat ( to a large degree) responsible for many major issues we face.

skate
10-27-2009, 05:50 PM
Ivy League schools come right out and admit "they teach the new Wall Street Polacy" that brought much of our problems. Yet they(schools) claim, most of the students did not understand "proper Procedure".:eek:

Oh my...:bang:

PaceAdvantage
10-28-2009, 12:34 AM
i didn't know it was possible for me to have more things with to disagree with you on!!Oh stop it...you act like I'm in off-topic posting hard-right wing opinions every day...

Stop and think about it...am I really?

NJ Stinks
10-28-2009, 01:04 AM
Oh stop it...you act like I'm in off-topic posting hard-right wing opinions every day...

If this was Jeopardy, I would have hit the buzzer first. :p

newtothegame
10-28-2009, 01:40 AM
gotta agree with you here. I went to the U of Washington which i'm sure is considered by the right a super liberal institution and it very well may be. But i came out of there, voted for Bush twice and McCain, so obviously they aren't brainwashing people!

I think most university folks are liberal because they genuinely think that equality and peace and love for everyone and helping your fellow man is the right thing to do. atleast my liberal university friends think that way. and they all work and have jobs and pay taxes too, which i know many of the righties here on PA dont think actually happens.

I highlighted the above...cause you lost me for a sec NJ....

You think most university folks are liberal etc etc.....then you go on to say at least "my liberal university friends think that way"....
huh???? Isnt this more of the same of what the right consistently accuses the left of? Its like saying something and having ten people agree to it. That doesnt make it so!
Personally, I don't know if university students are more liberal or not. If I had to guess, I would think its relative to the demographics of the U.S.

jballscalls
10-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Oh stop it...you act like I'm in off-topic posting hard-right wing opinions every day...

no your right....it's about every other day or third day. :)

HUSKER55
10-28-2009, 11:34 AM
Ok you college graduates, listen up! There is an ingenius invention, in the good 'ol US of A that is attached to your radio or TV. It is called a knob and it used to turn the radio or tv on or off.

If you don't agree with what you are listening to then apply use of the knob.

some you turn left or right, some go up and down and some go in and out.

Not complicated.

sounds like sex doesn't? If you are not in the mood...turn it off.

this is not tuff.

Now, if only there was a knob for picking the winners

BTW, why would anybody listen to someone they don't like. These kind of people, and both sides have them, make their living by stirring up the fire.

Why are you biting if you don't want to play?

Snag
10-28-2009, 10:56 PM
Talk about thread drift!!!!!

delayjf
10-29-2009, 12:35 AM

You don't need to go to college (which I did) to read the writings of the likes of Ward Churchhill etc. Their are plenty of studies on the political leanings of Acadamia. If they don't work in an Ivy league school then they probably work for NBC.

NJ Stinks
10-29-2009, 01:56 AM
Ok you college graduates, listen up! There is an ingenius invention, in the good 'ol US of A that is attached to your radio or TV. It is called a knob and it used to turn the radio or tv on or off.

If you don't agree with what you are listening to then apply use of the knob.

some you turn left or right, some go up and down and some go in and out.

Not complicated.

sounds like sex doesn't? If you are not in the mood...turn it off.

this is not tuff.

Now, if only there was a knob for picking the winners

BTW, why would anybody listen to someone they don't like. These kind of people, and both sides have them, make their living by stirring up the fire.

Why are you biting if you don't want to play?

I listen or watch to see what the right is talking about. Most of the time it's garbage IMO but sometimes I learn something of substance. For instance, while I learned nothing in Rush's first hour today, I did read about something interesting here yesterday I had not heard about. It was ArlJim's thread about Obama saying abortion was not being covered in a health plan - he just didn't say what health plan. Even though I have no problem having my tax dollars used to cover abortions, Obama should have been straight about it. Crap like that doesn't help anything. It just pisses off almost everybody on both sides of the issue. Anyway, I expect Obama to be better than that. Righties had every right to be upset.

Did you ever turn on Olbermann to see what he was wailing about? Same kind of thing.

Quagmire
10-29-2009, 06:35 AM
Their are plenty of studies on the political leanings of Acadamia. If they don't work in an Ivy league school then they probably work for NBC.

Excellent point, be it the righty NBC of Kudlow, Santelli etc or the lefty NBC of Maddow, Olbermann etc.

delayjf
10-29-2009, 09:51 AM
Speaking of Obermann, I did catch his diatribe about Bush and his giving up Golf, I wonder if he did a piece on President Obama and his love for the game.

Tom
10-29-2009, 09:57 AM
hcap obsessed over Bush on his golf cart. Wonder if he is aware OBama plays more golf than Bush did? Funny how it doesn't bother him.

jballscalls
10-29-2009, 10:09 AM
hcap obsessed over Bush on his golf cart. Wonder if he is aware OBama plays more golf than Bush did? Funny how it doesn't bother him.

Olbermann is the worst, no doubt about it. Didnt Bush give up golf for a while out of respect for the troops? is he back playing now??

after watching Obama pitch a baseball, i can't imagine he's much of an athlete in any regard.

Tom
10-29-2009, 11:57 AM
He would be very good at dodge ball.

hcap
10-29-2009, 04:16 PM
hcap obsessed over Bush on his golf cart. Wonder if he is aware OBama plays more golf than Bush did? Funny how it doesn't bother him.Bush played the martyr. I personally don't care what sports presidents play. But to claim he gave it up for "the troops" is bull and sanctimonious. Particularly dumb when we discovered he was playing anyway later on. Disingenuous and phony. Remember his bushism "catapulting the propaganda"? Well well done georgie.

ddog
10-29-2009, 04:18 PM
I wonder why Bush didn't buy a ranch in Iraq, given the success and economic miracle going on there?

Instead Paraguay!!!!!!

MMMMMM mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!

hcap
10-29-2009, 04:36 PM
The Crawford ranch was bought during his campaign for pres. A prop for the media. As was giving up golf.

All hat and no cattle.

Show Me the Wire
10-29-2009, 04:43 PM
hcap, give a hoot don't pollute with your progressive left buffoonery. :D

ddog
10-29-2009, 04:47 PM
I wonder why Bush didn't buy a ranch in Iraq, given the success and economic miracle going on there?

Instead Paraguay!!!!!!

MMMMMM mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!

You missed out on the new ranch, Crawford was years ago.

He has new digs now baby.

He sees this country is toast , he has a hidehole to flee to now.
DO YOU????

hcap
10-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Crawford was a real Potemkin village. Paraguay may be a bit of an urban legend. Snopes?

1) his Spanish sucks
2) he has a much better gig now doing "motivational" speaking
3) Nobody gives a shit about where he is.
4) Soon no one will recognize him.
5) An invisible man doesn't have to duck

Show Me the Wire
10-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Crawford was a real Potemkin village. Paraguay may be a bit of an urban legend. Snopes?

1) his Spanish sucks
2) he has a much better gig now doing "motivational" speaking
3) Nobody gives a shit about where he is.
4) Soon no one will recognize him.
5) An invisible man doesn't have to duck

You guys tro him out all the time. :lol:

hcap
10-29-2009, 05:20 PM
You guys tro him out all the time. :lol:

Did you mean throw or trot? :D
Trotting bush out is simply fair and balanced to all the paranoid schizoids here bashing Obama 24/7.

Throwing him out him out was part and parcel of the sentiment that got Obama elected

Show Me the Wire
10-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Did you mean throw or trot? :D
Trotting bush out is simply fair and balanced to all the paranoid schizoids here bashing Obama 24/7.

Throwing him out him out was part and parcel of the sentiment that got Obama elected

I meant trot. You did not throw anyone out. He was no longer elgible to be president as being elected twice, is the constitutional limit.

My my we are really turning to the left on the street today. :lol:

hcap
10-29-2009, 05:29 PM
The country threw him, his repuglican blowhard fellow travelers, John McCain, and Sarah Palin OUT. That's why you guys are like all the exploding heads in those Scanner movies.

Show Me the Wire
10-29-2009, 05:35 PM
The country threw him, his repuglican blowhard fellow travelers, John McCain, and Sarah Palin OUT. That's why you guys are like all the exploding heads in those Scanner movies.

Again you twist and turn. That is not what you said or implied. You impleid the country threw Bush out of office, which it did not.

The country will, more than likely, throw out the current bum though.

Tom
10-29-2009, 09:30 PM

I do not agree. The conservative threw him out. The republican cannot win without the conservatives. Obama got lucky. Won't happen again. You guys are the old hat party. You guys are what we need change from. Obama is politics as usual. He will be "Jimmy Cartered" in 2012. Remember Carter was for change too. However, total failure and incompetence was hardy what we wanted to change to. Nixon begat Carter, Carter begat Regean (2X) and Bush ( 1X). Four years of Carter and we needed 12 of repubs to cleanse ourselves.
The only reason Bush 41 lost was becasue the listened to dems about taxes. Had he resisted the folly of liberal advice, Clinton probably would have lost (there would not have been the flock to Perot). Dem policies are deadly to whoever plays with them.

NJ Stinks
10-29-2009, 10:01 PM
I do not agree. The conservative threw him out.

61% of all possible voters actually did vote in 2008. That's the biggest % turnout since 1964. Yet you claim conservatives are responsible for McCain's loss in 2008. What an imagination. :rolleyes:

Anyway, how does it feel to root for bad weather every election day, Tom? :lol:

Oh yea, I know you don't like them but here's the source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_turnout_in_the_United_States_presidential_el ections

toetoe
10-30-2009, 12:47 PM
my uncle was even their pitching coach for 10 years.

I knew (slightly) Mr. Cookie Lavagetto; you, Sir, are no Cookie Lavagetto. :p .

skate
10-31-2009, 06:45 PM
Old jimma Carter aint as dumb as you might think. He planned real hard for B.O., so as (jimma) could move down a notch, now he'll be No. 2.:jump:

hcap
10-31-2009, 07:12 PM
Old jimma Carter aint as dumb as you might think. He planned real hard for B.O., so as (jimma) could move down a notch, now he'll be No. 2skate, I see you are back from hiatus (btw that is not in Vegas). Anyway speaking of No. 2. Has anyone yet told you most of your posts are just that. Let me, poor little hiccups be the first.

Tom
10-31-2009, 07:44 PM
Her gets to you, doesn't he! :lol:

hcap
10-31-2009, 07:54 PM
At least you spell better than skate, that is when you don't call him a "her", and occasionally you are entertaining
(Not saying much of course.)

But all them skate No. 2s do stink up my monitor :lol:

toetoe
10-31-2009, 08:52 PM
hcap,

I'll always treasure that you compared me favorably to some awful television show. I know; that should be narrowed way down, but I know for sure that it was a supposed comedy. :rolleyes: .

jballscalls
11-01-2009, 09:55 AM
I knew (slightly) Mr. Cookie Lavagetto; you, Sir, are no Cookie Lavagetto. :p .

who is cookie lavagetto? and you dont know me at all, so kind of tough to label me as or not as something, just as i dont know you and can't label you as anything.

Tom
11-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Cookie Lavagetto....

bigmack
11-01-2009, 04:10 PM
you dont know me at all, so kind of tough to label me as or not as something, just as i dont know you and can't label you as anything.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/11_1_09_13_07_34.png

jballscalls
11-01-2009, 04:28 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/11_1_09_13_07_34.png

i dont know toetoe nor his sense of humor. the bad part about the internet is it's hard to read how people are saying things, whether they are being sarcastic or being a dick LOL

toetoe
11-03-2009, 06:29 PM
who is cookie lavagetto? and you dont know me at all, so kind of tough to label me as or not as something, just as i dont know you and can't label you as anything.

Sorry that the lame Lloyd Bentsen reference was not instantaneously recognizable. :blush: .

Cookie's son played high school ball with my brother, and I met the Cookie Monster himself years later at Tilden Park Golf Course. Cookie had crumbled only slightly since his salad days.

I also met J. Danforth Quayle once, and he referred to me as "Toto." :mad: ... ;) .

Tom
11-03-2009, 06:34 PM
I also met J. Danforth Quayle once, and he referred to me as "Toto." :mad: ... ;) .

:lol::lol::lol: oh man, my sides hurt!

bigmack
11-03-2009, 08:29 PM
I also met J. Danforth Quayle once, and he referred to me as "Toto."
:lol:

Fagettabout being your Maine Squeeze - You're the appl of my ey, The heav to my ho, the fus to my flam, you turn up the volum to my tun.
You got it Mr.