PDA

View Full Version : Tracks that elude you

WinterTriangle
10-23-2009, 09:15 PM
I have it with Delta. I put a note over my desk last year that says: Don't wager Delta!!!

so, I tried a few races this year. I still cannot win anything there.

Not only do I not win, the horses I choose are so far off, it looks like I was wagering on the wrong race. :lol:

It doesn't matter how much I study. I can even do okay at Penn, or Mountaineer, but not Delta.

So, what am I missing? :)

I like to have a few night tracks for when I'm busy in the daytime a lot.

phatbastard
10-23-2009, 09:27 PM
i have same problem with Arlington, it totally mystifies me..once every week or so i'll cap a race and try...never hit the board

slew101
10-23-2009, 09:38 PM
Gulfstream for me.

MNslappy
10-23-2009, 10:03 PM
I'm with ya on Arlington. I tried to follow the meet last season but gave up after a few weeks. I just checked my TS stats, 43 bets, 2 winners. Lesson learned.

maxwell
10-23-2009, 10:12 PM
Del Mar & Keeneland. :confused:

BUD
10-23-2009, 10:21 PM
for me it wolverhamptom--they have a aw surface.

ok now dumb logic-i thought by studying it--and the occasional play..i would unlock the secrets of th all weather track--

with the brits safe place bet with +8 runners i figured i couldnt lose and

i will finally be a jedi master of the aw surface----

didn't work like that--i may be a jedi master of a&w rootbeer first.

i think its time to say no to aw surfaces
they harm defenceless horses & worse my wallett.

fmolf
10-23-2009, 10:44 PM
for me it wolverhamptom--they have a aw surface.

ok now dumb logic-i thought by studying it--and the occasional play..i would unlock the secrets of th all weather track--

with the brits safe place bet with +8 runners i figured i couldnt lose and

i will finally be a jedi master of the aw surface----

didn't work like that--i may be a jedi master of a&w rootbeer first.

i think its time to say no to aw surfaces
they harm defenceless horses & worse my wallett.
delaware and philly park for me.

InsideThePylons-MW
10-23-2009, 11:11 PM
I have it with Delta.

So, what am I missing? :)

Delta seems to have a lot of unexplainable "bad" races every time I try to spend time on it.

DeanT
10-23-2009, 11:16 PM
A mentally challenged chimp could beat me in a handicapping contest at Gulfstream.

CBedo
10-23-2009, 11:31 PM
A mentally challenged chimp could beat me in a handicapping contest at Gulfstream.Your mentally challenged chimp should meet my retarded dog Flash. That's what one of my college professors used to yell at us. "My retarded dog Flash would understand this before you do!" Flash would also handicap Gulfstream better than me in the last couple years.

I would add that as I have been doing more computer work, I have begun to spend much less time per track, but spend time on way more tracks. In the beginning, this was scary not "knowing my track," but what I've found for the most part is that some tracks are better than others, but all of them seem to cycle for me to some extent. Instead of me adapting to the tracks, I am trying to just hold my own until the track cycles into my sweet spot. Things can seem hopeless at times, but then turn around and make me feel like a genius (until it goes the other way again).

cmoore
10-23-2009, 11:52 PM
Your mentally challenged chimp should meet my retarded dog Flash. That's what one of my college professors used to yell at us. "My retarded dog Flash would understand this before you do!" Flash would also handicap Gulfstream better than me in the last couple years.

I would add that as I have been doing more computer work, I have begun to spend much less time per track, but spend time on way more tracks. In the beginning, this was scary not "knowing my track," but what I've found for the most part is that some tracks are better than others, but all of them seem to cycle for me to some extent. Instead of me adapting to the tracks, I am trying to just hold my own until the track cycles into my sweet spot. Things can seem hopeless at times, but then turn around and make me feel like a genius (until it goes the other way again).

..The only track I haven't bet in a couple of years is fairplex..I think it was very chalky a few years ago and couldn't stand the sharp turns..

I focus on maiden races at all tracks. Love first time starter races..I look for particular sires that are bred for early speed..

Robert Goren
10-23-2009, 11:57 PM
Charlestown :bang: :bang: :bang: My mother had a cat that was beyond mentally challenged, in fact, he was dumber than a chicken. I make him look like genuis when I try pick a winner there. Even he was smart enough not to bet that place. For that matter, I haven't heard of any chickens wager there either.

JohnGalt1
10-24-2009, 09:13 AM
Del Mar dirt surface sucked.

Del Mar poly sucks too.

If I win a $5 profit at Del Mar it's a better (and rarer) accomplishment then winning $200 anywhere else.

jefftune
10-24-2009, 09:21 AM
I'm still trying to figure out Presque Isle Downs - my home track incidently.
Half-mile harness tracks!

-Jeff Tune
www.angelfire.com/pa/tune (http://www.angelfire.com/pa/tune)

fast4522
10-24-2009, 09:34 AM
The more that things do change the more we have to pick up on it. Two meetings ago at Gulfstream Park 7 out of 10 races were won from the top Sartin Tiers day in and out, and then the last meet things were all over the place but I knew that winners were coming from a strong late pace and also a strong sustained pace or a combination of the two that are not exactly the same. The dramatic shifts in what factors are what we all must catch on to in order to play our tickets and be successful. It was once said "you can beat a race, but you can't beat the races", this is where we must start. To know how the track is setup by its grounds crew and how they are most likely to cover that surface. It does not matter if its turf, dirt, or poly, but knowing where winners are coming from prior to the one your betting on. Too many want to beat the races without first figuring out how to beat the race. Sometimes this may involve only two or three bets on a card, and why do people think they are good enough to sweep a card anyway?

Java Gold@TFT
10-24-2009, 09:40 AM
Put me in the Arlington crowd. I do OK at some of the night tracks but can't save my life in Chicago whether it is the poly or turf.

First_Place
10-26-2009, 09:48 AM
Delaware, Laurel and Philadelphia Park. Oh yeah, Golden Gate too. So I avoid them and concentrate on the tracks where my method of analysis works.

FP

P.S. Ditto for Colonial Downs.

Tom
10-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Calder. I have no clue on that track.
Del mar. No clue and don't want one. :rolleyes:

gm10
10-26-2009, 10:09 AM
Finger Lakes!!!

illinoisbred
10-26-2009, 10:10 AM
Slow dirt surfaces-Laurel, Calder

SMOO
10-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Del Mar & Keeneland. :confused:

most of the polys give me problems :bang:

11cashcall
10-26-2009, 10:31 AM
i have same problem with Arlington, it totally mystifies me..once every week or so i'll cap a race and try...never hit the board

Yeah i dont get it with AP either.I have a + r.o.i overall with the syns.But
the numbers or what ever it is escapes me. Pretty much a surprise party,wheir the unexpected winning jockey yells... Surprise!

skate
10-27-2009, 05:55 PM
From the Mississippi, eastward.:ThmbDown:

BombsAway Bob
10-27-2009, 11:50 PM
Calder & Charlestown, along with ANY Harness or Dog track!

Greyfox
10-28-2009, 12:36 AM
Any track can be "cracked."
This thread should have been for "quitters."
Develop an algorithm that does it.

WinterTriangle
10-28-2009, 05:30 AM
Any track can be "cracked."
This thread should have been for "quitters."

that goes without saying.

My topic was of a personal nature, asking individuals what track eludes THEM.

I certainly have zero, and I mean zero, regrets, guilt, or feelings of "quitter-ism" by not playing, or learning Delta. :lol: I have so many other choices, I'm just not inclined to bother with it.

If no track eludes you, then just say that. :)

Calling other people quitters, when I specifically asked for individual's weaknesses, is certainly unnecessary.

bitter
10-28-2009, 10:33 AM
the entire california circuit....... and calder

Greyfox
10-28-2009, 11:34 AM
If no track eludes you, then just say that. :)

I refuse to even begin thinking that way.
If you believe that a track eludes you, it will.
It becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy.
Then a second track eludes you, and a third, and so on.
It's a very negative way to think and can ultimately remove all of your self confidence as a bettor. I've seen it happen.

skate
10-28-2009, 04:11 PM
over confidence is a Killer

no need to play every track

karlskorner
10-28-2009, 06:05 PM
I have noticed Calder as a track that eludes several posters, might I suggest a solution.

Put together 60 past days of BRIS free charts for CRC, do a Davidowitz type "key races" investigation for the next 60 or so days until CRC closes 1/2/2010. The past 3 years have proved very fruitful for me, as CRC trainers prepare for the 4 month running of GP

phatbastard
10-28-2009, 06:26 PM
adding kee to my no play list

when i look back at pp's and still can't find a winner, it becomes a random situation..

riskman
10-28-2009, 07:00 PM
A handful of patience is worth more than a bushel of brains.As Margaret Thatcher said : I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. :)

Hajck Hillstrom
10-29-2009, 03:33 AM
Mountaineer..... and I've noticed that Emerald Downs will pull me to summit before pummeling down a very deep crevasse.

boomman
10-29-2009, 10:35 AM
The more that things do change the more we have to pick up on it. Two meetings ago at Gulfstream Park 7 out of 10 races were won from the top Sartin Tiers day in and out, and then the last meet things were all over the place but I knew that winners were coming from a strong late pace and also a strong sustained pace or a combination of the two that are not exactly the same. The dramatic shifts in what factors are what we all must catch on to in order to play our tickets and be successful. It was once said "you can beat a race, but you can't beat the races", this is where we must start. To know how the track is setup by its grounds crew and how they are most likely to cover that surface. It does not matter if its turf, dirt, or poly, but knowing where winners are coming from prior to the one your betting on. Too many want to beat the races without first figuring out how to beat the race. Sometimes this may involve only two or three bets on a card, and why do people think they are good enough to sweep a card anyway?

Very sharp post!:ThmbUp:

Boomer