PDA

View Full Version : 70 Yr old shoots robber....

JustRalph
10-23-2009, 08:31 PM
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2009/10/23/Horse_shoot.ART_ART_10-23-09_A1_SGFF2MR.html?sid=101

Great-grandmother who shot robber says 'God was with me'
Ironton woman not likely to be charged, police say

When an armed robber barged into a North Side motel room Wednesday night and ordered the six people there to the floor, he put a 70-year-old woman closer to her handgun.
The great-grandmother knelt between the beds, reached into her purse on the floor and pulled out her .357 Magnum pistol.

She fired one shot at the robber, who staggered from the room, collapsed in the parking lot and died.

"It's a wonder she didn't shoot us all," said her 51-year-old son, who was preparing to hand over his cash when he heard the gunshot. "She's the worst shot in the world.

more at the link

sandpit
10-23-2009, 09:13 PM
Too bad this kind of thing isn't a deterrent to more criminals. The quote from the son was classic .:D

Show Me the Wire
10-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Too bad this kind of thing isn't a deterrent to more criminals. The quote from the son was classic .:D

It is a very effective deterrent. This specific criminal one won't be commiting any future crimes. Very effective deterrent indeed.

The more criminals shot, the more deterrent.

GaryG
10-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Granny had a .357 magnum in her purse? That must be a tough family. My wife had some relatives that lived in Ironton. They were Kentuckians that just happened to cross the river.

sandpit
10-23-2009, 09:41 PM
It is a very effective deterrent. This specific criminal one won't be commiting any future crimes. Very effective deterrent indeed.

The more criminals shot, the more deterrent.

Very true, but I was directing my comment more towards the thousands of other lowlifes in our society.

Rookies
10-23-2009, 10:55 PM

"It's a wonder she didn't shoot us all," said her 51-year-old son, who was preparing to hand over his cash when he heard the gunshot. "She's the worst shot in the world.

Truest part of this story. Good that she got the scumbag, but many more die innocently every year with all the arms stored in homes... usually kids...

Show Me the Wire
10-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Truest part of this story. Good that she got the scumbag, but many more die innocently every year with all the arms stored in homes... usually kids...

Swimming pools in homes are more dangerous. The world is a dangerous place.

boxcar
10-23-2009, 11:02 PM
Swimming pools in homes are more dangerous. The world is a dangerous place.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: With that you're in the running for the funniest post of the year.

Boxcar
P.S. Hey, Rooks, automobiles are dangerous too. Look up the stats on those deaths. :rolleyes:

sandpit
10-23-2009, 11:17 PM
I have a physical therapist friend that says they see way more injured cheerleaders than they do athletes. Who knew hoisting a girl up in the air with your hand on their butt could be so perilous? Danger lurks everywhere.

boxcar
10-23-2009, 11:33 PM
I have a physical therapist friend that says they see way more injured cheerleaders than they do athletes. Who knew hoisting a girl up in the air with your hand on their butt could be so perilous? Danger lurks everywhere.

Life's a bear, ain't it? A big struggle too. ;)

Boxcar

Rookies
10-23-2009, 11:57 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: With that you're in the running for the funniest post of the year.

Boxcar
P.S. Hey, Rooks, automobiles are dangerous too. Look up the stats on those deaths. :rolleyes:

Or most idiotic. :bang: More-on that later ! :lol:

JustRalph
10-24-2009, 01:12 AM

Bullshit.......only if you skew the numbers by including the gang members and unrelated shit.........up to age 19..........

Gary G .......my Dad was born in Ironton.....just after his family moved there from Kentucky!! :lol: :lol:

RichieP
10-24-2009, 07:16 AM
Granny had a .357 magnum in her purse? That must be a tough family.

I thought the same thing when I read it G!
:lol::lol:

fast4522
10-24-2009, 10:10 AM
Like it or not, everyone is ultimately responsible for their own personal safety. When a call is made to the Police they respond to what information is given to them by dispatch. The more elevated the problem the sooner they arrive, newspapers often fail to mention the time the first call is made and the time the police arrive at the location. During this time more than not things go from bad to worse and people like this Grandmother do not let their fate depend on the guys who get there 20 minutes later.

Tom
10-24-2009, 10:20 AM
The idea that you try to take my property you die is easy to remember.
The idea should be spread. If people cannot live in society and show civility, then let them show fear. A few .357's make up for a lot of lousy parenting.

Bochall
10-24-2009, 11:02 AM
I keep wondering what must have been going through this dude's mind as he was staggering outside to die...."Awwwww crap! Shot by granny...gotta remember to secure the women and children first." Its best that he did die. Imagine the taunting he would get from his robber buddies down at the hideaway

DJofSD
10-24-2009, 11:28 AM
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2009/10/23/Horse_shoot.ART_ART_10-23-09_A1_SGFF2MR.html?sid=101

When an armed robber barged into a North Side motel room Wednesday night and ordered the six people there to the floor, he put a 70-year-old woman closer to her handgun.
The great-grandmother knelt between the beds, reached into her purse on the floor and pulled out her .357 Magnum pistol.

She fired one shot at the robber, who staggered from the room, collapsed in the parking lot and died.

more at the link
Only Harold Francis "Dirty Harry" Callahan could have done better.

Valuist
10-24-2009, 11:35 AM

Yeah they throw them up in the air and if they fall, they aren't landing on grass.....concrete is not very forgiving. I'm sure the athletes have more minor injuries but I'm not surprised that cheerleaders would have more serious injuries.

Show Me the Wire
10-24-2009, 11:40 AM
I keep wondering what must have been going through this dude's mind as he was staggering outside to die...."Awwwww crap! Shot by granny...gotta remember to secure the women and children first." Its best that he did die. Imagine the taunting he would get from his robber buddies down at the hideaway

Maybe he learned he wan't the fittest in this particular struggle for the survival of the fittest.

Hopefully, he repented for his poor decision.

Pell Mell
10-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Thugs in NJ, NY, etc. don't have to worry about shit like this happening:lol: