PDA

View Full Version : FrontLine: Brooksley Born warned them....

JustRalph
10-23-2009, 08:10 PM
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/warning/view/

Places the current economic crisis right on the shoulders of those who refused to listen..........

Take yourself back to 1997 and see who ignored the warnings.......

sandpit
10-23-2009, 09:39 PM
This type of thing shows us that the gov't is a tool of the financial sector...amazingly, it took the government-funded PBS to expose this.

Tom
10-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Obama will be attacking PBS soon! Racist bastards. :lol:

bigmack
10-23-2009, 09:55 PM
Within the comments on PBS one noteworthy stated:

We have been conquered, and Frontline put a face on the conquerors. The few people who had the courage to stand up for the welfare of the voting public are ridiculed, marginalized and systematically worked out of power by these Marie Antoinette's of Wall Street and their crowd. I recall that shortly after President Obama took office, Charlie Rose did several interviews with Larry Summers, Robert Rubin and Tim Geithner. All three gave a sickeningly phony display of contrition and empathy for the plight of those suffering because of the economic crises and swore to correct the wrongs. I was stunned that not once in the interviews was it brought to our attention that these men were the perpetrators of the crises, though their records were well known to anyone with some familiarity of their past. In fact the show came off like an infomercial to get Geithner and Summers in their current positions. Democracy is dependent upon accurate and complete information in order to make the correct choices for our welfare, and that foundation is broken and that is why this can happen over and over and will happen again. No one is representing us, and the few who try are marginalized or surrounded by duplicitous advisers. Our children have the right to ask "what were you doing when we lost our future?"

exactaplayer
10-23-2009, 09:57 PM
For starters we could get rid of Larry Summers and Tim Geitner. I have expressed this every time I get a request for money from any politician. We do need an overhaul of financial regs in this country.

Tom
10-23-2009, 10:32 PM
And ones on congress too. Remember, they are very much responsible for this mess.