PDA

View Full Version : New Crist dvd on Ticket Construction?

CBedo
10-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Got an email from DRF today about a new Crist dvd on exotic tickets. I'm wondering if anyone has seen it yet, and if there is anything new in there relative to his book? I'll probably get it at some point, since I tend to read and watch everything I can get, but 39.95 plus shipping seems a bit steep unless there is some new material in there.

Anyone have a DRF discount coupon code?

In “Exotic Tickets,” Steven Crist lays out the new landscape of exotic multirace bets, explains the math behind overlay and carryover opportunities, and then provides winning examples from his personal betting experience, including the two winning $54,000 Pick-6 tickets he was responsible for in the 2008 Breeders’ Cup – one for himself and one for customers at Capital OTB who shared in the proceeds of a duplicate of his ticket.

Crist examines a variety of exotic-betting concepts, including which bets play to your personal strength and weaknesses, the pros and cons of intrarace vs. multirace bets, bankroll requirements and why big-event days present special opportunities.

“Exotic Tickets” is an informative and entertaining look at the fastest-growing segment of the parimutuel market, filled with indispensable tips and tactics for the modern horseplayer. This essential DVD also shows viewers how to use the TicketMaker ™ tool at DRF.com, a new feature similarly derived from Crist’s exotic wagering methodology.

ranchwest
10-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Got an email from DRF today about a new Crist dvd on exotic tickets. I'm wondering if anyone has seen it yet, and if there is anything new in there relative to his book? I'll probably get it at some point, since I tend to read and watch everything I can get, but 39.95 plus shipping seems a bit steep unless there is some new material in there.

Anyone have a DRF discount coupon code?

I want the $54,000 ticket. :)

cj
10-23-2009, 06:20 PM
I'll wait for light's review.

the_fat_man
10-23-2009, 06:33 PM
Wasn't he an English major?:confused:

Tom
10-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Is the "manual" to the DRF product? :rolleyes:

formula_2002
10-24-2009, 04:58 PM
including the two winning $54,000 Pick-6 tickets he was responsible for in the 2008 Breeders’ Cup
I love this stuff, its what the gods depend upon.
Does anyone really do the math?
I assume that's the pay off on a wining $2.00 ticket, then 2/54000= 3.7037E-05 probability.
I dont know what the win odds were for each horse, perhaps when you calculate the expected payoff, it was an overlay :)

toetoe
10-24-2009, 05:20 PM
Wasn't he an English major?:confused:

I just saw that movie --- the one with Ralph Fiennes and Juliette Binoche, right ? Loved it ! :jump: .

Light, your thoughts ?

Light: "Mmm ... it sucked."

Niko
12-21-2009, 07:43 PM
any reviews on this yet...does it add more than the book. Doesn't look like I'll get it for Christmas unless one of you all want to send me a copy :p

banacek
12-21-2009, 08:16 PM
I'm actually trying to order it and a couple of other things from drf and have written two emails to their "customer service" regarding shipping to Canada. That was 4 days ago.

banacek
12-22-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm actually trying to order it and a couple of other things from drf and have written two emails to their "customer service" regarding shipping to Canada. That was 4 days ago.

Well, I gave up on the email and phoned. I was trying to order the DVD but they want $57.43 to ship to Canada by UPS. USPS would be $10 priority, even less by First class. So the operator said she'd forward my concern to New York. The DRF people in New York said they wouldn't ship it USPS.

They don't seem to have a problem selling Daily Racing Forms to Canadians...maybe I'll pick this up on ebay, if I do I'll post a review.

formula_2002
12-22-2009, 01:34 PM
"In “Exotic Tickets,” Steven Crist lays out the new landscape of exotic multirace bets, explains the math behind overlay..."

for preschoolers? :)

takeout
12-22-2009, 10:36 PM
Well, I gave up on the email and phoned. I was trying to order the DVD but they want $57.43 to ship to Canada by UPS. USPS would be $10 priority, even less by First class. So the operator said she'd forward my concern to New York. The DRF people in New York said they wouldn't ship it USPS.Wow. Are you kidding me? They MUST still have a monopoly!